Hello there, parents and parents-to-be!

We’ve moved the conversation to Facebook. Although we have turned off new registrations here, we have kept all prior posts for you to read for inspiration, information, and lots of success stories! We hope to see you on our public group or private group on Facebook.

Public Private
Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
Message icon:


shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

Topic Summary

Posted by: Coolgirl23
« on: May 16, 2020 at 08:23 PM »

Hi everyone,
25 weeks pregnant and found that cervix decreased in length from 4 to 2.0 . On modified bed rest , too late for cerclage , so pessary is in . Nifedipine and progesterone transvaginal gel . So anxious and hoping all goes well.
Has the pessary worked for others ?
First baby and am 39 yrs old . Any advice , suggestions.
Posted by: Cebert24
« on: May 01, 2020 at 07:17 PM »

My cervix was remaining stable with progesterone and modified bedrest from weeks 12 through 19.  At my 20 week check it had gone down to 9mm but closed.  Devastation and sheer panic was my mood all throughout the visit.  I was admitted and received a rescue cerclage the next day they said my cervix was still closed and they were able to gain a little bit of length during the procedure.  I have just come home today and am so scared and very frustrated/upset they didnt do this sooner.  I dont know how to forgive myself if the worst happens and we lose this baby!
Posted by: Angela
« on: April 15, 2020 at 08:16 AM »

Hi, Cebert24.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I can't provide medical advice, by I can say that I have seen progesterone supplementation and reduced activity help many women to go further along in their pregnancies. Tintin makes a great suggestion about asking about a pessary. If it causes too much irritation, it is easily removed. How did your most recent appointment go?
Posted by: Cebert24
« on: April 04, 2020 at 02:46 PM »

Thanks for your response.  It does help knowing some others out there dont have a cerclage and have made it to a point where their babies at least have a fighting chance.  I just cant imagine losing baby at this stage and ever come back from that.  I dont want to switch doctors as I do trust mine and hes a respected and "well seasoned" practitioner but I cant handle the thought of having a miscarriage.  Hopefully ill get some reassuring news next week.  Hoping things are well with you!
Posted by: Tintin_143
« on: April 03, 2020 at 08:23 PM »

Hi there! Im currently 29 weeks and my doctor noticed last week that my cervix is also shortening. Obviously for me it's too late to do a cerclage but he did put me on progestrone twice a day. Besides the suppositories, he's also using a pessary to hold my uterus in place. It's basically a donut shaped plastic they insert which helps holds your cervix in place. It's been one week since he started the treatment and when I went to his office last week, he told me that things look stable and my cervix hasn't gotten any shorter. If you're going to another doctor it wont hurt to ask about the pessary. They might not recommend it based on your condition but just know that there are other options and that progestrone has been able to help me so far. Hang in there and give us an update on your next appointment! good luck mama we're all here for you. let me know if you need to talk some more! Im on bed rest and totally available. Take care!
Posted by: Cebert24
« on: April 03, 2020 at 07:17 PM »

Hi im hoping to get some advice or reassurance.  Im currently 16 weeks pregnant with my second child.  I developed a severe case of ashermans syndrome after my first child and went through 2.5 years of procedures and surgeries to finally get to a point where we were allowed to try for another.  We finally conceived in December but shortly afterwards I was diagnosed with a short cervix measuring 27mm.  I was put on progesterone suppositories twice a day and taken off of work Ive been going for measurements every two weeks and my cervix has since gone down to 21mm.  My doctor wont do a cerclage at this point- he says my uterus is really irritable and hes worried it would cause too much inflammation im really struggling mentally with all this.  Everything I read makes me feel like a cerclage would be my "only shot"  at saving this pregnancy and I feel like this is our one and only chance for a second child.  Im going for another measurement next week with a different gyne (suggested by my doc) but im terrified things will end badly in the meantime.  I guess im just looking for any advice or success stories with people on progesterone only in this situation.  Sorry for the long post!