Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - cpriest2013

Pages: [1]
Making the Best of Bed Rest / In the hospital
« on: December 19, 2013 at 08:28 PM »
So I started having contractions today and called my MFM. They had me come in to check cervical length. It was 3.5 cm on Tuesday and today it was 1.3. I'm now in the hospital on meds for contractions. The dr checked me and my cervix is closed but 50% effaced. They will do another cervical length check on Saturday or Sunday. If it's the same, I can go home. If it's shorter, I'll be here until Logan is born.

What's Your Story? Tell us. / Pregnant with cervical cancer
« on: December 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM »
So I'll start at the beginning. Hubby and I got married on January 1st last year and got pregnant 5 days after we got married. We found out about 2 weeks later and we were thrilled. However, in early February we lost that baby at about 7 weeks along. Shortly after that the doctor decided to do some testing to figure out why I lost the baby. A pap smear was done in this process and it came back abnormal. I had just had a normal pap 5 months earlier so I thought for sure it was a mistake. However, it wasn't. I was diagnosed with a stage 0 cervical cancer called an adeno carcinoma in situ. The doctors performed a LEEP and then a Cone Biopsy to remove the cancerous cells. After the cone I was told the margins were clear. My husband was about to deploy, we weren't trying to get pregnant. However, a week after he deployed, I found out I was pregnant. I now see an OB and a MFM specialist. My doctor decided to place a cerclage at 12 weeks and my husband was brought home from deployment a week earlier and placed on rear detachment. So far, everything has gone well. I had a few contractions last week (16 weeks) but that's it. The plan right now is to remove the cerclage at 36 weeks. Due to the cancer and the fact that I don't have much cervix left and what's there is severely scarred, my husband and I are considering a scheduled c-section but we don't know when they would do it. We would honestly like him out sooner rather than later as I need to have a radical hysterectomy once he is born. When they did a follow up pap in late September, more abnormal cells were found. We've been advised that my best chance at this being over for good is to have a hysterectomy. Logan is our 5th child total, we each had 2 from previous relationships. We're happy with him being our last child. We just want he and I to end up being healthy.

Pages: [1]