Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Happy Monday! Roll Call for January 10, 2011  (Read 8290 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Happy Monday! Roll Call for January 10, 2011
« on: January 10, 2011 at 07:27 AM »
Hello! Tell us how many weeks along you are, and get us up to date on anything that happened last week. Any appointments this week? And what do you have planned this week to keep you busy?

And by the way, KeepEmCookin T-shirts are here! You can chose a design on any size T-shirt. For a laugh, check out the "Four Ways Prison Is Better than Bedrest" T-shirt: http://www.zazzle.com/angeladavids

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Idea of the Day: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx

Reaganh3

• View Profile
Re: Happy Monday! Roll Call for January 10, 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011 at 10:08 AM »
Ok, 31 weeks & 4 days today. 
Have a doctor's appointment today.  Not much else to tell.  Glad to have made it this far, but really really hope to make it 4 more weeks at least.
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011 at 01:12 PM »
We are blessed to add another week!!  I am 27w 2 days - first goal, 28 weeks - almost there!  I'm still in hospital bed rest, it's been 3 weeks 2 days, but feels like enternity...  I have an ultrasound today and am praying everything is still fine with my baby boy, and that everything else is, at least, the same so that I can go home and do bedrest from there on Saturday 1/15/11.  Still no contractions, and will receive my 8th p17 shot on tomorrow.  They will do an FFN on thursday, and I have faith that it comes-back negative so that i could go home. 
As always, lots of strength and patience to all the mommies on bedrest!
Elizabeth (elypineda)   

pixie

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011 at 01:39 PM »
Congrats on another week, mamas!

I'm 34+5 today, soon 35 weeks!
I had my usual monday check with my OBGYN at the hospital, everything is good. And, my sweetie is now back to vertex! Left-anterior vertex, so completely ideal. (He was breech last week.)
He's also 2.2 kg (4 lbs 14 oz)!
I was wondering about how much he'd grown, since my belly doesn't seem to be growing, but he is, so then it's all good.
We got perfect pics of the cord too, it's so fascinating when you see the vein and arteries perfectly "twisted" in red and blue (Kinda like this, just even better: http://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/images/pdbd/228/ddpb32532wee_002.jpg).

Anyway, I'm incredibly tired, not getting much sleep, I hope I get some more tonight.

pillowqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011 at 02:53 PM »
Another week down ladies!

Pixie - so happy for your progress and that baby is no longer breech - Like you needed other things to worry about.
Elizabeth - my fingers are crossed for you and that you get the results you need to go home. Plus the stats for baby's born after 28 weeks improve dramatically and you are almost there!
Reagan - 32 weeks was a great milestone for me both in terms of baby's development and that you start to see the 'light' at the end of the bedrest tunnel.

I am 39 weeks tomorrow. I guess this baby wasn't in any hurry despite everything the doctors' were saying. The baby is really low - only baby's shoulders can be felt above my pubic bone I can feel it's head when I checked internally and it seems like I am a few centimetres dialated so I am thinking it could be any day now though I won't be surprised if I go past my due date. I am starting to get my pre- bedrest energy levels back and the highlight of my week has been using the expecting mom parking spots at the grocery store and mall (I wasn't showing enough when I went on bedrest at 20 weeks!) Though I have started getting heartburn in a serious way no matter what I eat or how small the portions are though I am not complaining ladies! 16 weeks of bedrest has taught me to be grateful for what I have - namely reaching full term.

My shower is this Saturday so we'll see if baby will hold out until then!

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011 at 03:42 PM »
pillowqueen, Congratulations on making it to 39 weeks tomorrow!!  I'm so glad you're getting your energies back - I could only imagine how much more difficult it is after being on bedrest for 16 weeks.  I've only been on bedrest for 5w 2days and I feel so weak.  These are the stories that keep me going.  Good luck and don't stress about the baby shower, it'll happen regardless
pixie - congrats on 34w 5 days!! I'm so glad baby is no longer breeched.   
Reaganh3 - congrats on making it to 31w 4d.  You'll be 32weeks in 3 days!  That's my next goal!!

lynsrich

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011 at 04:54 PM »
Hi all!

I am 35 weeks 1 day and counting.  I was tested for liver problems when I became very itchy last week, fortunately the results came back normal!  Now I have a rash on my chest and still have the itch to contend with.  I have an appt. tomorrow so we'll see what is going on.  Other than that we are great.

Sending positivity and hugs to everyone!  Keep up the good work!

Lyns

tntmom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM »
Congrats on another week ladies!

We've made it to 27 weeks and have also been put on modified bed rest. Didn't realize quite how difficult it would be this time having a toddler in the house as well. We've scheduled some times for my family to come over and some trips out of the house for him which will help. I'm somewhat glad that I have to go to the clinic weekly for the 17P injections. I will also be having biweekly appointments with my doctor. I also have my first ffn test on the 19th so I guess that's my next big goal.

Yvonne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011 at 07:31 PM »
Today is my 1st day of bedrest.  I am 28 weeks with twin boys and hope to keep 'em cookin' - 1st goal 30 weeks and stay outta the hospital.

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011 at 08:35 PM »
Hi Yvonne, and welcome to the forum!!  Congratulations on making it to 28 weeks!!  That is actually my first goal - this sat. i'll be 28!   I've been on bedrest for 5 and a half weeks - 2 at my home and 3 1/2 in hospital (still here).  I know, it's difficult, but hanging in here.  I might be going home on Sat., hoping for the best.  Rest, rest, rest, and keep your eye on the prize......prizes in your case!! Hang in there and know you can always find all the support you need here.  It really has helped me! 
As always, lots of strength and patience to all the mommies!!
Elizabeth (elypineda) 

Ems

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011 at 09:22 PM »
Hello out there.  I am writting with the most fabulous news, that I had my stunning baby girl on monday the third of Jan by caesarian.  Everything went well.  We came home from hospital on saturday and she is an absolute delight.  I was convinced I was having another boy so it was such a lovely suprise to have a baby girl.  Her name is Clare Emma, she was 3.28kg or 7pd 4oz, 48.5 cm and fully cooked at 39 weeks gestation.   ;D  I would just like to thank Angela once again for creating and maintaining such an amazing and supportive website and thankyou to all the wonderful mums to be out there who gave me advise, support etc etc.  Goodluck to all the incubating mums to be.  Keep your feet up and keep em cooking.  Sending the biggest of hugs and belly rubs.  You can do this    :-*
Love Ems xxxxxx

Yvonne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM »
Ems!

Congrats on your sweet baby girl!  Great job getting to 39!  Absolutely well done!

lynsrich

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011 at 12:45 PM »
Hi ladies!  I'm so proud of everyone for doing so well this week!  I have an update.  I went to the doctor yesterday because I got a rash on my chest that spread under my arm pit.  It turns out the itching I have been experiencing is a secondary form of the chicken pox. Who knew you could get something like that while pregnant??!!  It is caused by the added stress pregnancy puts on the body.  So weird but I'm thankful it wasn't due to liver failure like my doctor first thought.

Ems- Congratulations and great work making it to 39 wks!
Yvonne- Welcome to the forum! We are here for you!
tntmom- Congrats on 27 weeks and Modified BR- I know modified BR allowed me to take a deep breath and relax a bit, I hope you can do the same!
Pillowqueen- 39 weeks is amazing, so proud of you!
elypineda- I understand the weak feeling, are you able to do bed rest exercises? (mamas on bedrest) has a great workout you can do from bed and that might help you feel less weak.
Pixie- Congrats on ~35 wks, we are almost in the same boat, I am 35wks 3days!
Reaganh3- You are entering the less worrisome zone! I had a goal of 32 wks then 34 now I'm on my way to 36 and I'm sure you will be able to do the same!

JacErnst

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011 at 08:44 PM »
Sorry I didn't check in until today.
I didn't have any internet until tonight.

We had a rough weekend, ended up in preterm labour and sent by ambulance to the big hospital. I was in ICU L&D for 72 hours, but we're still cooking. Gray is a strong boy and didn't flinch at all during contractions or anything. my cervix was down to under 1cm at last check yesterday morning, but they don't want to check again or too often because they don't want to irritate it. I was dilated but i'm not sure if i still am or not.

we're in hospital now for who knows how long. i'm allowed up to go to the washroom and a shower and to make tea. but that's it. we're not sure if we'll be here until Gray arrives or just a few more days. I am still contracting - about 5 times a day - and cramping quite a bit. We'll have to see what the dr's say friday or monday.

hugs girls!! i'm praying for you all.
Jac
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011 at 07:58 PM »
Hi Jac,
I'm sorry you ended-up in the hospital due to contractions  :-[.  Hope everything has maintained positive for you since your last post.  I'm a hospital bedrest mommy and know how hard it could be.  Keep us updated. 
As always, praying for lots of strength and patience to all the mommies in this forum.
Elizabeth (elypineda)