Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Where are you serving your bed rest sentence?  (Read 11822 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Where are you serving your bed rest sentence?
« on: April 08, 2009 at 04:19 PM »
In bed? On a couch? Upstairs? Downstairs? Main level? How close to the bathroom are you? What do you see right now?

Do you think where you are doing your bed rest affects how you feel? Do you "bed rest" in more than one place?

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Where are you serving your bed rest sentence?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009 at 04:30 PM »
I did my most recent bed rest on a futon on the floor of the living room/family room. It was good to do it there so I could still be in the middle of the action, and my daughter could just walk on to the futon and join me for coloring, playdough, tea parties, etc.

What I saw most was how dusty and smudged the mirrors were, and I couldn't bring myself to ask anyone to wipe them down. The coffee table not being centered on the throw rug kind of made me batty, since they were right at eye level.

heratyc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009 at 09:09 PM »
I'm serving my sentence on the couch for the most part, being in the living room it's the only room with a tv that has cable, so to preserve my sanity I figured I could at least watch other people have fun ;)

flowerpot77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009 at 07:36 AM »
Hi Angela

I have been on bedrest for 3 weeks now in a hospital room.  Luckly I do have my own room, rather than being on a ward.  I also have my own bathroom so it's not too bad.  But I am lonely.  My husband and son can only visit a few times a week and visiting hours are only from 2.30 to 4pm so not a long time.  Your website is keeping me sane for now!

I am 25 weeks in a couple of days so i am hoping they might let me home to do bedrest there.  I think I will feel safer in the hospital but I miss my home comforts and my family!

Flowerpot

GeekWife

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009 at 05:43 PM »
I'm doing mine in our master bedroom at home, second floor. We have a bathroom in the room, and my hubby hooked me up with a cooler full of drinks and snacks so I don't have to go downstairs as often (I'm allowed to go down for meals as long as I'm sitting when I get there). Lucky for me I have a laptop with wireless internet, and a TV with a shared DVR to keep me occupied, although at some points in the day I get bored with those things too. I feel like I have the most "options" when laying in bed... I can sit up for a while when my back gets stiff, and I can easily stretch out without moving around too much. Some crochet projects are sure in the works for me though!

Tori

Lupita.0709

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009 at 01:22 PM »
I am laying around in the master bedroom of our condo.  DH is in the process of moving our things to our new house and so the master bedroom is the only place I don't have tons of men's around me (DH has all his friends helping him).  I am set up with tons of pillows, a DVR, DVD player and all the other needed electronics to make it through the hours in the day.  Wish I had some books to read as DH has packed them and can't recall with book he placed them in.  Once we finish moving I'll be downstairs on the couch, stairs are not my friends right now.

plmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009 at 01:31 PM »
I'm stuck in the master bedroom.. but it's not so bad. We have a tv and dvd player. My hubby brought up a mini refridgerator and there is a bathroom. Plus I have my laptop. I've been in the hospital for 1 month so this is heaven compared to that!!

dorychop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009 at 09:53 AM »
Unfortunately I'm stuck in the back of the house, in a guest bedroom. Kinda lonely and shut off from the world.

Fyreflye

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009 at 03:22 PM »
I am going between the back bedroom and the couch in the living room. I have made a few ventures outside to lay on a yoga matt with some comfy pillows, which has been nice! Fyreflye

love1221

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009 at 12:40 AM »
I served 2 weeks at home, but didn't do a very good job of it.  So, tomorrow will be day 5 in the hospital.  My dr. is hoping to make it to May 11, 37 weeks...we'll see what happens!

Paolann

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009 at 10:46 AM »
Hi Angela

I have been on bedrest for 3 weeks now in a hospital room.  Luckly I do have my own room, rather than being on a ward.  I also have my own bathroom so it's not too bad.  But I am lonely.  My husband and son can only visit a few times a week and visiting hours are only from 2.30 to 4pm so not a long time.  Your website is keeping me sane for now!

I am 25 weeks in a couple of days so i am hoping they might let me home to do bedrest there.  I think I will feel safer in the hospital but I miss my home comforts and my family!

Flowerpot

I was on bedrest for almost three weeks in a hospital room, and it was not that bad. I had my own room and bathroom, tv, dvd and laptop so I was able to do different things, still I would get bored sometimes, and the days were going very slow. (I had a clock in front on my bed to remind me the time) I will be on bedrest at home for three weeks and then I will go back to the hospital until the end of my pregnancy. My days are going a lot faster at home

kaitibear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009 at 07:15 PM »
I try to switch up rooms everyday if possible. I have 3 different rooms that I can rest in so that helps with the boredom. I lay in the bed room, living room, and my sunroom on pretty days. That seem to always lift my spirits.

misfire

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009 at 10:37 AM »
My experience is practically identical to flowerpot 77 - i am in hospital, side room, own bathroom, have a clock right at the end of my bed.  I haven been on bed rest for a month and 3 days now and am likely to be here until the baby is born (i had pprom at 20.6 weeks and lost all my amniotic fluid so baby could come any time).

After an inital flurry of visitors .. its all tailed off.  Hubby can't come much as we have an older child (10) who has now had to go to a childminder so hubby doesnt pick him up till 6 so really has no time to come in during the week.  They did pop in the other day for 20 mins but i think that in a way was worse.

Kfitz821

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009 at 03:16 PM »
This pregnancy im lucky to be at home so i switch from bedroom to living room
Last pregnancy i was on bed rest at the hospital with my own room own bathroom which i couldn't use!!! They didn't want me to push so i had a bed pan!!!! This lasted for 2 weeks before i lost Mikeala.

mommytobe1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009 at 05:43 PM »
Between our room and the living room recliner.  Thankfully I can "recline" and don't have to be laying flat all the time.  It's only my first day though, after 2 days in the hospital, and three more weeks is seeming kind of daunting.  I have the patio doors to look out of and our little flowers outside the window, the TV, laptop, my big ol' jug of water beside me and a stack of books.  One day at a time, I suppose... it's nice to know I'm not the only one out here though. :)