Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday January 17th  (Read 7622 times)

Reaganh3

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday January 17th
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011 at 09:51 PM »
tntmom,

I failed my gestational diabetes tests too.  I've been testing my blood sugar 4 times a day for almost a month now.  It's not fun, but it's not difficult either.  Basically all carbs = sugar.  You 'probably' want to limit yourself to no more than 3 carb servings per meal (1 serv = 15grams).  And 1-2 carb servings for snacks in between meals.  You'll be eating a lot more meat & cheese, so stock up on some Benefiber!! 
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

tntmom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011 at 12:14 PM »
Reaganh3,

Thanks for the tip! I actually started eating prunes a couple weeks ago to help too so I'm not looking forward to that side effect! I'm a carb junky which is probably part of the problem in the first place. And I admittedly don't eat very frequently so I suppose I need to get myself more organized and have my hubby pick up more diabetic friendly foods. No more sweets aloud in this household. Hopefully if I get in the habit it will help us all even after pregnancy as admittedly both my hubby and I have become rather chunky after we got married!

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011 at 12:28 PM »
I'm happy to help.
Here are some things I eat for meals & snacks that may help give you ideas.  Its different for everyone, but I hope these work for you:

For breakfast: I can have 2 eggo waffles, 2 slices of bacon, and sugar-free syrup.  Take it easy on the milk though (milk = carbs too).
You might try the Toaster Struddle Toaster Scrambles with egg, bacon, & cheese - they don't have many carbs. 

For lunch: hard-shell tacos!  Skip the beans & rice though.  I order Chipotle online and my husband goes to pick them up.  They have their nutrition info online.  Or you can make grilled cheese sandwichs with low-carb bread.  Some brands of soup, like Progresso, are lower in carbs.  Wendy's chicken nuggets (10-pack), or a junior bacon cheeseburger. 

For dinner:  think meat and veggies.  there are a few things at PF Changs you can order - like the Orange Peel Beef.  Get brown rice instead of white, of course.

For snack time:  nuts, goldfish crackers, fruit with cottage cheese, vanilla wafers (not many though), Special K Protein Plus cereal, Smart Ones frozen dessert sundaes!

Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.