Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New here, 34 weeks and preterm labor  (Read 2909 times)

ericap

• View Profile
New here, 34 weeks and preterm labor
« on: April 14, 2009 at 09:10 AM »
Good morning! My name is Erica, and mt due date is may 26th. I am 34 weeks pregnant, with a little boy, we are naming him Tanner Robert. This is my 5th baby...yes I know, people think I am nuts, but we are thrilled. Brittany is 14, Cassandra is 11 (alomost 12) Isabella is 9 and my youngest is the only boy (besides Tanner coming) and he is almost 8. As you can see its been awhile since I have had a baby in ways this almost feels like my first. This baby and the pregnancy has been very different, most r, but i never experiences preterm labor with my others, they were somewhat all normal pregnancies. I am chalking it up to I went through a nasty divorce with my ex during this pregnancy, and I still deal with his garbage alomst on a daily basis.
  A few weeks ago, I went in for my normal checkup, and I had told my dr that I had been have contractions a they were a little more harsh than the normal BH. So she checked me out, and my cervix was soft, and low, not up high where it normally should be. So last week I went and had my dr appt again, and she checked me, and so far everything was good, although I had begun to lose my mucous plug. When that happened I was not happy..I know this is to early, but she said I was fine, although I know my body and knew it wasn't. Sturday I went to the bathroom and there was bright red blood, mixed with the mucous. I called my dr, and they told me to go to Labor and Delivery, and off i went. They checked me out, and my cervix was still closed, thank God, and sent me home. Of cousre, late sunday night the bleeding had increased along with contractions, and I was very nervous, and knew I was in labor. So I called AGAIN and went back to the hosp. I am now 60% effaced, 2 CM dialated, and his head is at -3 station. This is all new to me, in the sense none of this has ever happened to me so early. So now I am officially a single mom on bed rest, with bathroom privileges (thank God for that!!! LOL) My older sister is staying with me, and taking care of everything here at home, and the little ones, and I am so thankful there all older and pretty self-suffficent. That does help, but its difficult knowing I cannot get up and do the things I like to do, BUT there is a bigger purpose. I know that if Tanner is born soon, he will be just fine. They did an ultrasound and did all his measuements, and he is right where he is supposed to me, although he is 5 lbs 4 oz. So thankfully he is decent size and not to small. I knew he would be a big boy though.
  So theres my story and I look forward to getting to know everyone here!!!

Taryn

• View Profile
Re: New here, 34 weeks and preterm labor
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009 at 09:23 AM »
I am sorry for all you are going through, but my daughter was born at 35 weeks, and she was just fine, she had little problems, spent some time in NICU, but she is perfectly healthy now.  You, your family and your unborn baby will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.

GeekWife

• View Profile
Re: New here, 34 weeks and preterm labor
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009 at 04:01 PM »
Hi Erica! I'm Tori and I'm on a pretty similar path as you, just a couple weeks behind ya! This is only my first (a boy too!), so I am very thankful that I don't have other kids to worry about while I'm on my bed rest. Good to meet you and can't wait to get to know you! I will add you to my prayers :)