Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Is anyone afraid of "going back to normal"??  (Read 3166 times)

twinjackienurse

• View Profile
Is anyone afraid of "going back to normal"??
« on: January 23, 2011 at 08:28 PM »
I feel like when I get off bedrest I am going to be totally overwhelmed and exhausted because I have done NOTHING for months....anyone else nervous about this?? haha

elypineda

• View Profile
Re: Is anyone afraid of "going back to normal"??
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011 at 07:54 PM »
I was on strict home bedrest with my 19 month old for 12 weeks and I could tell you that when the baby was born at 38 wks, I felt such relief that I had not only kept her in for sooo long, but that I wasn't pregnant anymore!  I know, probably only a bed rest mommie would say something like that, but i is so true.  Don't worry about being exhausted.  Naturally, you will feel week, but for me it wasn't overwhelming.  I was able to enjoy my baby, and was gald i wasn't laying all the time anymore. 

lynsrich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011 at 11:22 AM »
I am feeling the same way.  I am having contractions and will be induced this coming Monday if Paisli doesn't decide to come on her own by then.  I went to get coffee this morning as my doctor told me that I can leave home to do some walking etc., I felt like I was going to have a panic attack because I hadn't driven in over 12 weeks.  I made it back ok but it was scary!  I guess just taking it little by little things will start falling back into place.

Yvonne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011 at 12:39 PM »
I totally worry about that, amongst every thing else  ;).  Emotionally and physically I will be liberateby joyful and proud with the birth of my boys - but will my bed rested body and lazy days routine be able to keep up the demands of my new back to full capacity now mommy of four life...yikes!  Yup, a little nerve wracking  :-\

twins2beintx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011 at 10:51 AM »
So afraid of going back to normal...except...I don't think I'm normal!  We are going to have four boys under the age of four...holy cow!  I hear that it really only does take a couple of weeks to feel okay...I think I'll just cross that bridge when I get there!  I've been worrying for 10 weeks now that I don't want anything else to worry about!  :)