Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday January 24  (Read 8277 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for Monday January 24
« on: January 24, 2011 at 08:15 AM »
How is everyone doing today? How was the past week for you?

This week I was thinking about my relationship with my husband while I was on bedrest. Sure, there were plenty of times that I wished he could read my mind and FINALLY notice some of the messes I had to stare at all day  ;) but for the most part it improved our relationship as far as us working as partners. Even now, two years after bedrest, it's no big deal for him to do the family grocery shopping for the week, and he still makes dinner many nights of the week. How has bedrest changed your relationship?

Have a great week, ladies! Check in here anytime you want, of course! Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Reaganh3

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday January 24
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011 at 08:25 AM »
I'm first!  Only because I've been up since 4am since a certain little girl sharing my body didn't want to sleep last night...
She got the hiccups, it was the cutest thing ever! 
Another pregnant Monday, how many more will I have?
I'm 33 weeks + 4 days.  We have an ultrasound this afternoon - can't wait. 
I'm getting super uncomfortable...I feel best early in the morning and whenever I'm in the bathtub. 
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011 at 09:05 AM »
Reagan,
Have fun at the ultrasound! Wishing you many more pregnant Mondays!

JacErnst

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011 at 09:46 AM »
Reghan I feel you! Gray gets them all the time now espeically in the night - I just put my tummy against DH's back and let him wake up too. Then he calms Gray down - Dont know how he does it but he can.

I'm still here! 31 w 4d and praying for 3 more.
No apts this week - had one last week - was hugely frustrated when we got there and the hospital we spent 8 days in hadn't sent any notes or any info at all to our OB - she didn't know we were even there other than I had canceled an apt with her for the week before. Oh well.

DH has been amazing through this whole thing. Today is starting our 11th week on bedrest. I'm so happy and blessed that I married a great guy, he does what ever I need whenever. Last night he shaved my legs for me since Gray dropped and i can't even come close to doing even a crappy job at it. We started our journey off with our relationship in the best shape it could be - knowing that the next 20 years can be a trial - but i think this has made our relationship even stronger. We've been through emotional hell and back and we're still strong.

I'm praying girls - I decided to start making blankets for some of the bedrest mom's i have on twitter - meg had her little on this week - and so a prayer goes into every stitch. I think even after i graduate I'll keep doing this. Keeps me grounded to think of others instead of just poor me.

hugs!! great big ones for just when you need them!
J
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor

ML2011

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011 at 12:33 PM »
Hello - 26 wks/ 1 day!   3 weeks and counting on HBR.

Had really good news from my u/s this morning.  My cervix length is back up. They measured baby today and baby is actually measuring above average-yahoo!  Doctors were very pleased with results.  Continuing HBR as I'm still having contractions, but the combination of meds I'm on have managed to calm them. 

My husband totally rocks!  He's really had to take on a lot with me being in the hospital and having to take care of our 2-yr old at home. It's amazing how much he has stepped up and he does it without complaining.  We had a "date night" Friday night.  He brought in popcorn and we watched a movie on my laptop :) It was so sweet. 

Prayers and thoughts are with everyone!

twins2beintx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011 at 01:41 PM »
Hello ladies!  35 weeks, 1 day and counting!  Tomorrow makes 10 weeks of bed rest.  3 1/2 weeks at home with most in hospital.

Twins are doing well.  I have been dilated 4-5 cm for almost six weeks and now am a little more effaced (90%).  Had amniocentesis on Saturday and boys lungs are still a little immature so praying for more days.  MFMs talked about possible version on Friday.  Scary but exciting thought.  If not, scheduled c section for twin A who is footling breech on Sunday or Monday.  Concern for advanced dilation and cord prolpase keeps me cooking inpatient.

Husband?  Amazing.  I can't believe that I've been so lucky. He is a stay at home dad to our two sons (Ben and Patrick, ages 4 and 2) and gives himself selflessly every day.  He'll continue to stay home with the other two (I know...four boys!).   He visits  me daily in the hospital where we actually get to talk and I'm reminded why I love him every day.  :)  God has blessed us dearly.

Keep hanging in there!
Jen

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011 at 07:17 PM »
hi hi! im 17 weeks, 1 day. have been on bed rest for 24 days thus far.

things are so so. im officially at that point where im frustrated, bored & emotional. my husband is deployed and supposed to come home in April/May so im staying with my parents and younger brother who is 17. my parents are on a vacation which they booked before i found out that im pregnant and wont be back until february 18th so its just me and my brother and let me tell you having a 17 year old run the house and take care of you is like asking a horse to take care of you. so stubborn and so selfish.

other than that, the baby is doing well. i can feel him/her move more often and it puts a big smile on my face :) i have the big ultrasound on the 16th of february where i should be able to find out the sex. that day also happens to my anniversary. its going to be the best anniversary gift :) my last appointment was last thursday and so far my cervix looks good and my cerclage is still in place and holding well. i lost my previous pregnancies at 20 weeks so the next few weeks are going to be so full of emotions for me. im hoping and praying everything goes right this time around.

anyways thats all thats happening with me. sorry if it turned into a rant lol

hope everyone is doing well :)

-kristine
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

pixie

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011 at 07:41 PM »
Hello ladies, and congrats on another week!

It's tuesday here, and that means I'm 36+6! Oh my, I can't believe I'm 37 weeks tomorrow! We're so celebrating that, don't know how yet, but at least there has to be cake.
And little man was estimated to 6 lbs 2 oz yesterday, and all is still excellent with him. :D
He's following his curve. I hope he gains at least 8 oz by next monday, because his eviction date is getting closer. We agreed today that I'll be induced either next monday, or the monday after that. (31st or 7th.) He'll be almost 38 or almost 39 weeks then, so it's all great.
So, max. 13 more days, maybe just 6. Wow. I don't think that has quite registered in my head yet.
It might take a day or two to get him out as well, since I don't want to use pitocin or prostaglandins because both increases the risk of a c-section. And I'm so having my natural VBAC.
So it'll be foley cath. (maybe stripping too since they're "in there" anyway), and then amniotomy (breaking the bag of waters), me and my OB agreed on that too yesterday. Or more, I said that's how I wanted to do it, and she said that was fine with her and a good way of doing it too.

And, I don't think our relationship has changed at all due to this bed rest. My SO has basically always been amazing. He's an excellent dad, and has always taken as much responsibility for the kids as I have. And we have always been equal partners, so housework and such have always been as much his as my responsibility as well. We've had a cleaning lady once a week for a long time, and that helps of course. We decided we didn't want the washing of the house to take time away from the time we get with the kids, and we love our cleaning lady (she washes kitchen, bathrooms, and all floors every time, and then whatever we say needs cleaning).
He's always been more tidy than me, and he likes to cook more than I do, so he's always done more of both.
What he has had to take over completely now, that I usually do more off, is laundry. He doesn't like it very much, and I don't mind at all, so I usually do it. But now he does. Our cleaning lady does most of the folding though, we can just leave all the dry clothes for her and she'll fold it when she's here, and she'll also hang up any wet clothes. (And she changes all the beds.)
But since the very start of the pregnancy, everything has basically been his responsibility, in the start I was awfully sick, and when that started getting a lot better, it didn't take too many weeks until the bed rest kicked in, so. He always spoils me when I'm pregnant, from day one. And he does it all happily.
We also have very good systems here for this sort of thing, when I was put on bed rest, he was put on sick leave to take care of the other kids because I couldn't. (A part of that is absolutely that we have one kid with very special needs.)
Actually, that has been the biggest change for us I think, that he's been home every day with me, so we have spent so much time together! During the days, when our youngest has been in daycare (whenever he wants), and the two 7 yos. has been having school with their home teacher, and the oldest boy has been in school, we've actually had time alone. With people in the house, and him having to do everything that makes the household run, but still. This baby has gotten a lot of cuddles from us both. There have been days when we've actually just spent an hour or two cuddling on the couch. Awesome.

Ok, I should really sleep, and this has gotten very long. Night all!

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011 at 07:49 PM »
Wow, kristin - I can't imagine depending on a 17 year old boy to take care of me.  Do you have any aunts, uncles, cousins, or friends nearby to help out? 
I'm wishing you lots of luck.  I know what its like to have to pass through uncharted territory.  It can be done.  I am 14 weeks farther along than I made it before (i lost twins at 22 weeks).  I can't believe it sometimes.  The anniversary of my girls birth & death is coming up in about 2 more weeks...it will be another tough milestone to pass on the calendar.

Again, good luck!  Stay positive.
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

lynsrich

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011 at 11:54 AM »
Hi ladies!  I am 37 weeks 2 days and having contractions!  I have been contracting since last week but last night they got a bit more intense.  So much so that I couldn't go back to sleep.  If Paisli doesn't decide to come on her own this week we will be induced on Sunday night.  I am so ready!  I have been super uncomfortable for about 3 weeks now and it feels like I have a watermelon in between my legs!  By next roll call I should have a baby girl!!! 

My husband has been awesome throughout bed rest.  It took him a few weeks to get used to the idea and pick up where I left off but he figured it out.  Of course, like every man, he has his set back moments where he forgets that I can't stand clutter and the stench of dirty dishes but he gets right back on track when I politely mention it is bothering me.  He started a blog and if you are interested check it out at babiessportsbeer.blogspot.com.  Your husbands may like it as well, his latest blog is titled: 10 Things You Shouldn't Do When Your Wife is Pregnant.

Hang in there ladies!  Hugs and best wishes to you all!
Lyns

Yvonne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM »
I'm excited about this roll call and happy to report that we have reached bed rest goal number 1 - 30 weeks and stay outta the hospital.

We had an ultrasound yesterday and our identical twin boys are growing well and are right on track.  My cervix has thinned out som more from 2cm to 1.4cm.  Since I've no pre term labour symptoms they are gonna let me keep resting at home...hooray!

Gonna keep em cookin come hell or high water!  Next goal 32 weeks :)

By the sounds of it we may have a few announcements in the next week or so,  good luck evey one!

Yvonne

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011 at 01:04 PM »
I'm just coming around to Roll call.  I'm officially 30 weeks today!!!!  Next goal, 32 weeks!  Still in hospital - trying to keep occupied so the days go by smooth and fast.  I have an ultrasound of Tues. and my hubby will come to see our growing baby boy.  Very grateful to still be pregnant especially after the ffn came back postive - that was done 2 weeks and 2 days ago and supposedly i could have gone into labor within the next 2 weeks after the exam!! 
Glad to hear everyone is hanging in there.
I continue praying for lots of Strength and patience to all the mommies.

Yvonne - We're 30 weeks! 

By the way, the SAG Awards are tomorrow night, i think 6 or 7!  Something to keep us entertained and keep us up with the fashion out there.  I can't wait for the day to be able to wear 5" heels!!!
Elizabeth

tntmom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011 at 08:29 PM »
Yvonne & Elizabeth - we must have similar due dates as I'm 30 weeks as well! =)

Nothing too exciting this past week. Met with the diabetic educator.....my numbers were over the highest threshold by 5 so I'm apparently diabetic. It's kind of a pain....mainly remembering to eat so often and to eat more carbs than I thought I should. I guess it gives me something else to focus on while laying around all day. I'm not looking forward to going back to work though because it will be a pain to work all the testing and eating into my work day since I work funky hours....but I'm hoping to make it that far since that will mean I've made it to 35 weeks if I get released back to work!

Husbands: Admittedly we've had some rough days....or more so I have and then have gotten a bit not so nice to my hubby. He's doing a lot of things he never had to before since I took care of a lot of the household chores. I only work part-time outside of the house so it was only far that I did the majority of the cleaning. He is absolutely wonderful though because after my laptop dying his past week he went out and bought a new one for me! So that helps a lot because being able to connect with people helps me feel a little less isolated!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

keewee0630

• View Profile
    • our pregnancy blog
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011 at 02:31 PM »
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this board.  I'm currently 22wks 4 days, have been on bed rest since Dec 7 (14wks) when I had a preventative cerclage placed due to previous losses.  I'll be on bed rest until 36 weeks.

KD
Aniya Mckenzie - due June 4, bed rest since 14wks (12/7/10), due to IC: cerclage

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011 at 02:33 PM »
Welcome Keewee - you came to the right place.  Bed rest is a frustrating, lonely time.  We'll try to get you through it.