Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: BORING!  (Read 2851 times)

Reaganh3

• View Profile
BORING!
« on: February 05, 2011 at 06:52 PM »
I'm so bored today.  Pretty sad when the weekends are less exciting than weekdays.

The baby is making big movements today and it is making me uncomfortable.   :-\   I really hope she isn't turning around.  At my appointment this week she was head down, and I'd really like her to stay that way since we're 35wks+2d.  I start seeing the OB/GYN weekly now.  Anyone have any idea what these appointments will be like??  Just more of the usual: measure fundus, check blood pressure & weight, urine sample, bye bye see ya next time?  ???

What is everyone else doing?  I have some 'thank you' notes to write, but not really in the mood to start those.  Maybe tomorrow.
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: BORING!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011 at 01:52 PM »
Hey, hon! Any less bored today? Will you watch the Super Bowl? Invite someone over today to entertain you!  ;D

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011 at 04:32 PM »
If there were people willing to visit me, I wouldn't be bored in the first place.

Family - out of state.
Friends - 1 broken wrist, 1 had a baby 2 weeks ago, and 1 is entirely too selfish to sit on my couch when she could be out shopping or meeting men. 
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011 at 10:02 PM »
Hello Reagan,
Not sure why you're on bedrest, but at the weekly visits it's just more of the same. Pretty soon they will do a GBS (group beta strep) test on you which is basically just a swab in your vagina to test for a certain bacteria common in women. If it's negative you don't have to do anything extra in labor, if it's positive you may have to get antibiotics in labor. Other then that, more of the same. Weight, blood pressure, urine, measure, get the baby's heartbeat and possibly to a vaginal exam to check for dilation if you complain of contractions.
Hang in there, you're almost there!
Melody
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!