Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for January 31st  (Read 20893 times)

twins2beintx

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for January 31st
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011 at 02:27 PM »
Delivered yesterday at 36 weeks, twin boys Joseph and Andrew 6 lbs 2 oz, 5 lbs 6 oz.  Joseph spent six hours in level ii nursey because of some breathing priblems but is now back in the room with us.  Tired but excited and ready to leave the hospital after being here for seven of my eleven weeks of bed rest!  Keep hanging in there ladies and keep em cooking!!

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011 at 02:33 PM »
Congrats to Jac and twins2bintx!!  It is so nice to hear the babies are doing well!!  You guys were such troopers throughout your bedrest and am so happy for you!!!  Wow Jac, he is huge - are you sure you had the correct weeks??!!!  ;)  Congrats girls!!

Hey tntmom!!  Glad to hear you're doing well.  It's funny you mention about your son.  Before bedrest my 19 month old daughter was all about mommie, but since i've been in bedrest - especially hospital bedrest - my poor child has been acting different.  She seems sad to see me at first everytime she comes - then she'll go about her thing and not have that poopy face she first gives me that breaks my heart in a million pieaces  :'(.   She's not as affectionate with me as she used to.  When she sees me up, taking a shower she'll come running to me to carry her, and when she sees I can't, she'll hug and kiss my leg.  This has to be so hard on them too, but once this is all over, we'll be able to do everything for them once again.

ML2011

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011 at 02:35 PM »
Hello Ladies!

I am 27 weeks and have been on HBR for 4 weeks.

Had a good u/s today.  My cervix length is still looking good and we are so happy it is stablized for now.  My contractions increased a bit at the end of last week, so they increased the settings on my terb pump (which we had been expecting).  Doctors are happy with my cervix length and told me to continue the good job on BR, so that is encouraging!

Prayers and hugs to everyone!!!

ML2011

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011 at 02:49 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS  twins2beintx and JacErnst!!!! Welcome baby Joseph & baby Andrew and baby Grayson!!!   Enjoy your bundles of joy, take care of yourselves and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Pixie -thoughts and prayers are with you for tomorrow! :)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011 at 03:22 PM »
Hi again!
Just read a blog post from @jackhourigan. She is a host on the Food Network and is currently on bedrest. I got a kick out of it. Hope you all do too! http://ow.ly/3Nsbx

Here's excerpt:
Living with my Mum was never boring.  Imagine if  Zsa Zsa Gabor and Winston Churchill procreated and produced a 4 foot 9 offspring who had a passion for translating anything into Latin while sporting tiny leopard print leggings.  At 83, with limited eyesight she still devours two newspapers and a book a day, continuously runs CNN on her flat screen and has never failed to miss an episode of Jeopardy since 1964. FYI, don’t ever call her at night between 730 and 8:00 pm, she’ll never pick up.   (Note: we had a house fire growing up and my Mum didn’t believe my brother that our laundry room was in flames because she didn’t want to be disturbed during Jeopardy-true story)

Throughout her many years, and ten pregnancies,  she has never lost her own unique sense of style. She’s been through several experimental fashion/decor “phases” which have included and not been limited to:  a  60’s “Japanese” themed black fringe wig with only throw pillows for furniture, a 70’s bleach blond beehive bombshell  turn complete with beaded minis dresses and dangling crystal  chandeliers  and red velvet decor , and a late  80’s floor length Morticia Adams/Crystal Carrington shoulder padded  voluptuous house dress stage;  I particular confusing choice during my formative high school years.

arenee22

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011 at 03:27 PM »
Congrats twins and Jac

AFM: I went into L&D today to get checked, I had 4 contractions in an hour and the nurse wanted me to come in to be safe. The monitor didnt pick up a lot of contractions. I still go to the dr tomorrow.

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011 at 03:36 PM »
congrats to those who had their bundles of joy  :D so happy for you ladies and i wish you all the best!

as for me...bed rest for 31 days so far. i guess its easy to count considering i officially went on bed rest on new years day. lol. 18 weeks 3 days. which is 3 days more than when i lost my first pregnancy but 2 weeks until the mark where i lost my last pregnancy. so to say the least im very nervous. i have an appointment on thursday. i havent been gaining any weight and have lost 4 pounds total but i keep eating or at least it seems like i keep eating. bed rest has made everything i do in bed a blur

February brings many things :) hopefully i pass that dreaded 20 week mark, my birthday is on the 7th, hubby turns 30 (!) on the 23rd and wedding anniversary is on the 16th which happens to be the date i find out whether were having a girl or boy. also with it being February i have roughly 3 or so months until my husband comes home from Afghanistan! soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways thats all thats being going on with me :) i hope you ladies have a fabulous February!

:-* kristine
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011 at 05:44 PM »
Hey everyone! I started my bed rest this past Thursday. I will be 27 weeks tomorrow. We are expecting baby boy Loran on May 5th. I am on bed rest due to a short cervix and also because I am having a lot of contractions. I started out being allowed to get up for about 30 minutes to fix a simple meal or do a simple house chore, but after going to the hosiptal on Friday due to lots of contractions within an hour, they said I can't get up at all except to shower and go to the bathroom.

I'm a preschool teacher, so this inactivity is a BIG change for me! I'm sad because I didn't even get to say goodbye to my precious students. I have a doctor's appointment this Wednesday and I am hoping to have permission to go to the school to give them a propper goodbye maybe next week or something. Of course, I will do what my doctor tells me.
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

bhwhou

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011 at 06:17 PM »
Hi Loran Mommy- your situation sounds very similar to mine.  I am 26 weeks tomorrow, due date May 10th, baby boy.  I was admitted to the hospital for observation over the weekend because of cramping and my cervix did shorten but I am still at a 3.14.  I'm on modified bed rest, I can get up and make a small meal, take showers, etc. but it seems like overkill for my situation.  I had 3 contractions Friday night in 3 hours, but mostly just menstrual like cramping.  What do you think?

Best of luck with the bed rest.  It is difficult when you are used to being active.  Do you have other children?

Bridget

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011 at 09:28 PM »
Pixie! Pixie! Pixie!
My biggest congrats on making it to term! You did it, mama. So happy for you!

Because you're showing symptoms of preeclampsia, be sure they keep an eye on your blood pressure even AFTER delivery. The risks of pre-e remain up to 6 weeks after delivery. Are they doing regular blood testing? They will want to keep a close eye on your creatinine levels, which is a measure of kidney function. With BP readings like that, it may be overly-taxing on your kidneys. In fact, ask if they have already checked your creatinine level, and write it down.

Write down ALL of you symptoms now, and again after delivery. This lets you have a clear picture of any changes and it is something specific you can hand to your nurses/doctor. When I had pre-e, I thought the nurses and docs were communicating with each other, and they weren't. My pre-e went undetected and quickly lead to kidney failure. I was on BP meds for about 6 weeks after delivery.

One more thing: Are you having any pain under your right rib? That it also a tell tale sign of pre-e. And do you have bleeding gums or hyperactive reflexes? Those are other signs. Not trying to freak you out, just want to be sure that you get the attention you deserve and any care you may need.  :-*

PLEASE mention all of this to your husband and/or a trusted family member so they know the right questions to ask. You may be too tired or too focused on your baby to pay attention to what you're experiencing after delivery.

pixie

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011 at 08:18 AM »
Pixie! Pixie! Pixie!
My biggest congrats on making it to term! You did it, mama. So happy for you!

Because you're showing symptoms of preeclampsia, be sure they keep an eye on your blood pressure even AFTER delivery. The risks of pre-e remain up to 6 weeks after delivery. Are they doing regular blood testing? They will want to keep a close eye on your creatinine levels, which is a measure of kidney function. With BP readings like that, it may be overly-taxing on your kidneys. In fact, ask if they have already checked your creatinine level, and write it down.

Write down ALL of you symptoms now, and again after delivery. This lets you have a clear picture of any changes and it is something specific you can hand to your nurses/doctor. When I had pre-e, I thought the nurses and docs were communicating with each other, and they weren't. My pre-e went undetected and quickly lead to kidney failure. I was on BP meds for about 6 weeks after delivery.

One more thing: Are you having any pain under your right rib? That it also a tell tale sign of pre-e. And do you have bleeding gums or hyperactive reflexes? Those are other signs. Not trying to freak you out, just want to be sure that you get the attention you deserve and any care you may need.  :-*

PLEASE mention all of this to your husband and/or a trusted family member so they know the right questions to ask. You may be too tired or too focused on your baby to pay attention to what you're experiencing after delivery.

Thank you!
And you can't freak me out with this stuff, i had severe pre-e and developed HELLP syndrome last time. My whole system and every internal organ was in crash mode and failing.
So yeah, they've been doing regular blood draws to screen for pre-e now. (So far all good!)

My OB knows every symptom, and has every test result, she is responsible for me, she is going to follow up after birth too. She's even doing the 6 week follow up on me, that you usually have to go to your GP to do. She's keeping a very close eye! She's excellent.
And because of last time, my SO knows all this stuff too.

I'm in labour as we speak. I've taken forever to write this, because I have contractions every 1-1.5 minutes, lasting as long.
Yay!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011 at 08:53 AM »
Pixie! Now that I know what a great doc you have, I can be totally excited for you! Wishing you a safe and speedy delivery! Can't wait to hear all about it...

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011 at 09:52 AM »
Hi Loran Mommy- your situation sounds very similar to mine.  I am 26 weeks tomorrow, due date May 10th, baby boy.  I was admitted to the hospital for observation over the weekend because of cramping and my cervix did shorten but I am still at a 3.14.  I'm on modified bed rest, I can get up and make a small meal, take showers, etc. but it seems like overkill for my situation.  I had 3 contractions Friday night in 3 hours, but mostly just menstrual like cramping.  What do you think?

Best of luck with the bed rest.  It is difficult when you are used to being active.  Do you have other children?

Bridget

Hey Bridget,

My modified bed rest started actually 2 Wednesdays ago...my doctor said I could still work but when I got home I had to lay down the rest of the day and night. Also, no lifting or straining. After a week of that, she put me on bed rest like yours...still could get up and do a simple meal and all that. Then after my hospital visit, it is now complete bed rest. So it's been a bit progressive.

To be honest, I was a nervous wreck that week I could still go to school to teach. I was terrified to even walk around. Luckily, I had a lot of students out sick (I only had anywhere from 10 to 13 in my class instead of 20), so that made it a bit easier. With those 4 and 5 year olds there is lots of bending and squatting involved. It was a relief to be put on bed rest. I know what you mean about overkill, but take it seriously (as I'm sure you are). I'm sure they already told you, but drink a lot of water. My contractions have come to almost a complete stop because I'm drinking so much. Of course you have to pee ALL the time (not that there's much difference here), but I'd rather have to pee a lot than have contractions!

Best of luck to you as well. I have no other children...human ones at least! I have 2 little dogs to keep my company all day :) Do you have children?

Elizabeth
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

arenee22

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011 at 12:54 PM »
Hi ladies

Well my dr visit was good. My cervix stil measured at 22mm. I am still on modified bedrest. The dr was happy that it was stable.

keewee0630

• View Profile
    • our pregnancy blog
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011 at 02:33 PM »
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this board.  I'm currently 22wks 4 days, have been on bed rest since Dec 7 (14wks) when I had a preventative cerclage placed due to previous losses.  I'll be on bed rest until 36 weeks.

KD

Aniya Mckenzie - due June 4, bed rest since 14wks (12/7/10), due to IC: cerclage