Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for February 7  (Read 16801 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for February 7
« on: February 07, 2011 at 09:21 AM »
Hello, dear bedrest mamas!

I'm not sure we can top last week's Roll Call, with the delivery of so many healthy babies! What an inspiration! I wanted to point out to Reaganh3 that she's the most pregnant mom we have on the Forum. Way to go! I also noticed several new members who joined last week and posted messages. Let's make them feel welcome!

How's everyone else? How many weeks are you? Any appointments to look forward to this week?
Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Idea of the Day: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Reaganh3

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for February 7
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011 at 10:38 AM »
I'm still cooking!  35W+4d today.  I will get my LAST 17p injection on Wednesday.  I'm getting very excited as the big day approaches.  At the same time, I worry if I will have the energy to deliver a baby.  Just taking a shower and doing a half-ass job of drying my hair is enough to get me winded! 
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011 at 02:38 PM »
Will be 28 weeks tomorrow and have another appointment on Wednesday. I think that will be my norm until Loran comes. All is well from the weekend...not very many contractions and just finding different ways to keep me occupied and different locations in the house to do my bed rest :) I find that change of scenery helps me a lot. Although my bed is most comfortable because I have the most room.

I'm enjoying my house a lot right now because after moving in mid December, we have finally had the inside of the house painted and hung all the pictures, which makes this house feel more complete. Now we just need to finish the baby's room and it will officially be complete! We were married last January, I had surgery at the start of June, then we moved at the end of June to a townhouse that turned out to be a disaster area. After getting pregnant in August and starting my 2nd year of teaching at a school I was miserable at, and my husband taking over a business, we moved again in December because we just couldn't take it anymore at the other house. The lease would have been up when our son was a month old, and we figured we'd rather break the lease and move at 4 months pregnant than move at the end of the lease with an infant. There has been a lot going on in our lives during this pregnancy (and in the last year period), so it doesn't suprise me that I've been put on bed rest. It must be God's way of telling me to slow down and let people take care of me for a change. I'm the type that needs to do everything for myself and I just don't stop - ever!! Now I have to stop and let everyone do everything for me, which has been hard. But hopefully I will get the hang of it.

Just shared an eye-full, but as we all know, venting and sharing helps! Hope all is well with everyone else!

Made an edit to this post because I originally said I was 27 weeks tomorrow...jeeze, I'm losing my mind. I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow. Does anyone else lose track of what week you're on?!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011 at 08:50 PM by LoransMommy »
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

MrsBatman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011 at 02:39 PM »
I am new to this .. so not sure I will do it correct..
I was put in the hosp at 28 weeks pregnant for pre term labor. In 1.5 - 2 hours I dilated to 3cm and 50% effaced. I was kept in the hospital from Saturday to Monday when my doctor was finally on duty and I begged her to send me home to my at the time 7 month old ( she is now 8 months ) She agree and put me on home bed rest. I am trying my best but having a hard time sticking to the rules... but I am still cooking the twins. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday and will be 31 weeks that day!
Twitter: ashleyssouth
mommy to Destiny (7) Ross (my angel in heaven born at 22 weeks) Helena (8months) and B/G twins on the way!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011 at 02:42 PM by MrsBatman »
Happily Married to Christian
Mommy to Destiny(7), Ross (my angel in Heaven born at 22 weeks), Helena (8months), and B/G twins on the way

arenee22

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011 at 02:54 PM »
Hello ladies

woo hoo, one more week in

I am 28 weeks and no drs visits this week. 

I will post more later

keewee0630

• View Profile
    • our pregnancy blog
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011 at 03:00 PM »
Yes, congrats everyone! Another week down.  I'm 23 weeks 2 days, no appointments this week.  Very excited to know that in the event of pre-term labor, that there is now a slight chance that my little one can make it and that it only gets better with each day! 
Aniya Mckenzie - due June 4, bed rest since 14wks (12/7/10), due to IC: cerclage

AWMama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011 at 03:06 PM »
Hello!
    I'm new here (unfortunatley) but thankful to have you ladies to help me through this!  Here's my story:

27w 2d pregnant with b/g twins.  Cervical legnth scans went like this:
18w: 3.5cm
20w: 3.4cm
22w: 2.8cm (modified br)
24w:2.6cm (continued modified br)
26w: 1.4cm, .5cm dilated, having ctx.  Admitted to hopsital, started on Mag gtt and given sterioids.  Spent 48hrs on mag and when checked again had dilated to 1cm, so they kept me for another night while they started me on Procardia.  I tolerated the 10mg Q6hrs and had no more cervical changes so here I am at home on strict br and taking my procardia.

I have another appt tomorrow, so hopefully there will be no changes!  Our first goal is to keep these babes cooking until we can get the second round of steroids, which will be not this Friday, but next Friday.  That will also get us to 29+ weeks, so we're hopeful!  Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Yvonne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011 at 03:16 PM »
hey mamas!

Well we've hit another goal this week- 32 weeks!  That puts us at 4 weeks resting:)

Just got back from our ultrasound and the boys are weighing in at 3lb7oz each :).
My cervix is thinned out from 1.4cm 2 weeks ago to 4mm this week...pretty sure we lost at least part of the mucus plug this week so I'm really working hard at resting, not wanting to tempt fate.
Next goal is 34 weeks!
 All you momas keep up the good work!

Yvonne
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011 at 03:18 PM by Yvonne »

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011 at 03:22 PM »
Good luck Yvonne - and all the other mamas.  Every day we keep cooking is better and better for our babies. 
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

cheyman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011 at 04:20 PM »
Hi everyone, I am also new to the board, so I am not sure exactly waht to say.
My name is Cheyenne and I am currently 22 weeks and 1 day pregnant with a cerclage baby.  I have been on bed rest for almost 3 weeks now and will continue to be on some form of bedrest until the baby is born.  My cervix is measuring at 3.59cm and is closed (it was funneled last week).  I am on bedrest because I have a Incompetent Cervix.  I delivered my last daughter at 24 weeks and she lived for 4 days, so I am thankful for every day that I have with this pregnancy and am soing my very best to stay down.
Thanks for allowing me to be part of the board. 

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011 at 04:42 PM »
hi ladies! made it to another week and todays my birthday :) im 24!!!!

im 19 weeks. almost to the 20 week mark where i lost my babies before. crossing fingers that everything goes well and my cerclage holds up :)

other than that nothing new. just catching up on tv shows. im in need of a how i met your mother marathon lol

hope you ladies have a good week!

-kristine
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

keewee0630

• View Profile
    • our pregnancy blog
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011 at 04:44 PM »
Happy Birthday Kristine!
Aniya Mckenzie - due June 4, bed rest since 14wks (12/7/10), due to IC: cerclage

ML2011

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011 at 04:54 PM »
Hello-

28 weeks!   On hospital bedrest 5 weeks now.

Cervix is staying the same (yea!) and contractions are the same (meds are keeping them under control)  I'm a little anxious because my daughter was born at 29 weeks and we are getting closer to that time.  I have hospital BR and medicine this time (plus docs and nurse right here) so staying confident we can make it many, many more weeks.

Great job everyone!  A warm welcome to those of you that are new  :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011 at 06:26 PM by ML2011 »

MrsBatman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011 at 05:36 PM »
Happy Birthday!!!!!
Are any of you ladies on BabyCenter.com?
Happily Married to Christian
Mommy to Destiny(7), Ross (my angel in Heaven born at 22 weeks), Helena (8months), and B/G twins on the way

Aylw88

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011 at 05:57 PM »
Hello! I'm new here too & this is my first roll call! Yay!

I'm 24 weeks pregnant & heading into week 3 of HBR..after my first week on complete bed rest spent at the hospital I begged my Drs to let me leave & rest at home...I am much happier here & home with my hubby & 2 boys :)

I have a dr appt & the first of bi-weekly ultrasounds this Thursday. So far my cervical length has not changed from 1.1cms since being on bed rest for which I am grateful for. The idea of being admitted in the hospital for the duration of my pregnancy is too much to handle right now..As it was, I was monitored last week for preterm labour when I went in for my betamethasone injections, that was scary :( Just a question, at 24 weeks is there anyone else with a quiet baby some days? It totally freaks me out but i try to not stress