Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Remembering Lance Matthew  (Read 7553 times)

tina402

• View Profile
Remembering Lance Matthew
« on: January 12, 2011 at 03:38 AM »
It is now tuesday, january 11, 2011 and i am posting to tell everyone that i went into labor yesterday. My contractions caused me to dialate and the cord prolapsed out of the vagina, i was rushed to the OR and delivered. I was put to sleep and woke a few hours later. Baby A was named Lance Mathew Summers, he was 2lbs 8oz and 15 and 1/4 inches long. Do to the early rupture of membranes his lungs were long able to grow to adequate size and he passed after 38 minutes of struggling to stay alive. May he RIP and will always be known for fighting so hard and saving his brothers life. Baby B was named Quinton Samuel Summers, he was 2lbs 9oz and 15 inches long. He is currently in the NICU and doing good. I will continue to keep everyone posted with updates as to how Quinton is doing. Thank you everyone for the encouragement and support. You are all amazing and strong women. Keep your heads up and continue to fight!!! you are amazing and can do this.
Sincerely Christina
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011 at 09:09 AM by Angela »

Yvonne

• View Profile
Remembering Lance Matthew
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011 at 09:06 AM »
Tina,  I was so sad to read about Lance.  Truly, I am sorry for the loss that you and your family have had to endure.  What a wonderful gift he has shared with your 2nd baby!  May he cOntinue to grow strong and a speedy recocovery to you.  You are amazing:)

Yvonne
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011 at 09:19 AM by Angela »

lynsrich

• View Profile
Re: Remembering Lance Matthew
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011 at 12:20 PM »
Christina,

I'm so sorry to hear about Lance. It is amazing that he was able to do so much for his brother.  What a blessing that he saved Quinton's life.  I am praying for you and your family.  I wish you the best and send my hugs.

Lyns

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011 at 01:28 PM »
Tina, again, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.   :'(

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011 at 11:06 PM »
Christina,

I am so very sorry for the loss of Lance.  :'( I know what it is like to mourn the loss of one child while trying to be strong for the other. Sending so many prayers for you, Quinton and your family... and big hugs. We're all behind you, sending you strength.

pixie

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011 at 08:31 AM »
I'm so, very sorry you lost Lance, I've lost a daughter, you guys will be in my thoughts. Lots of good thoughts to Quinton on his way to grow big and come home.

tina402

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011 at 08:49 PM »
Thank you everyone for the encouraging words and the support. I need the help to get through this, i have no idea how to handle loosing someone. I have always ran back to my addiction and this time that is that last thing that i would ever want to do. My babies have given me a new light on life!!! I am so greatful them both. Quinton is doing good, we have had drops in oxygen due to pulmanary hypertension which was taken care with with nitros oxcide and he responded well. Today we found out that he has a tiny brain bleed, not enough to do any damage and his platelets are good so his clotting factor will do well. Also his blood pressure is good and he has taken well to the blood transfusion. Again thank you for your support. I will keep you all updated.

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011 at 09:58 AM »
Hi Tina, it was really nice hearing from you.  I'm so happy to hear Quinton is hanging tough!!  Best wishes and thank you for keeping us updated.

pillowqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011 at 03:46 PM »
Tina, I am so sorry to read about your loss of Lance and I do hope that Quinton is doing ok. You and your family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. You have had such a rough time these last few weeks but your strength and courage amazes and inspires me.

Christine

JacErnst

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011 at 06:26 PM »
Tina,

I'm praying for you and Quinton daily! I'm so sorry for your loss, and I can't imagine how you feel.

big hugs!

Jac
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor

tina402

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011 at 09:42 PM »
I am very thankfull to have so many thoughts and prayers with us!!! right now we are 3lbs 5oz and growing. no more ventilators and almost all iv's are gone. We are increasing daily on the milk and doing great!!! We do have  brain bleeds, one is a grade 3 and one is a grade 4. Grade 4 is the worse but he is still doing great!!! We watch his head circumfrance everyday and they have mentioned shunts. Will keep you all posted and thank you again for teh thoughts and prayers.

Christina, Quinton and Family

twinmommy2

• Loving my 33 week twin boys!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011 at 10:13 PM »
Im glad that everything is looking up with quinton! I hope that he continues to do well! You've got a fighter!

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011 at 10:27 AM »
Good Luck Tina.  I hope little Quinton grows up to be healthy and strong. 
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

autoimmunelife

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011 at 10:17 PM »
Oh Tina I'm so sorry.
I lost my baby girl, Lily, a few days before you lost Lance.... if you ever want someone to rant to, who knows what it's like to lose a child, especially after all we've gone through to get them here... please send me a private message on here, if you'd rather email, im, or tweet let me know here and I'll get you those user names!
Please know that he won't ever be forgotten, and not just by you... I know one thing I've struggled with is how so many people seem to have moved on after Lily's death, even though I still at times can't believe it's happened, and can't get past the pain I feel at times (at least, I can't in that moment)... ((hugs))

courtneylynne09

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011 at 09:59 PM »
I'm so sorry about the loss of Lance.  I will be thinking of Quinton and hoping that he gets through everything.  <3