Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for February 7  (Read 27904 times)

Aylw88

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for February 7
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2011 at 08:23 AM »
Happy friday all :)

Same old here..resting & hanging around my couch lol..weekends are less hectic but my kids are home so they help pass the time a bit :)

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2011 at 10:22 AM »
@Lanespoli & arnee
I have the shortened cervical length and they've checked it three times total (I'm 19weeks yesterday). I started having contractions last night, every 2-3 minutes for 2 hours, then every 4-5 minutes for 5 more hours. I was kind of scared so I called this morning and they want me to come in for a cervical length today. I think it's one of those things they'll do a few times unless you're having symptoms (contractions, pressure, etc).
The power of suggestion never hurts either.  ;)
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2011 at 10:30 AM »
So all you mommy's out there that had the cerciage done are on bedrest as well?  And all who were diagnosed with shortened cervix's and put on bedrest don't go to the doctors weekly for checks?  I wonder why mine makes me go every week, not that I'm complaining...  maybe b/c it got down to 1.6?

I go every week and do not have a cerclage because it was too late in pregnancy to do one.  My cervix is 2.6. She doesn't do an ultrasound, just checks with her hand.

I think it depends on your personal situation and your personal doctor. Every pregnancy is different and so is every doctor. I'd rather be safe than sorry, so I'm happy to go once a week...I'd go twice a week if she told me too!

Oh and I have a question....I have always slept on my side or on my back. Obviously now that I'm pregnant, I stay away from flat on my back. But often I wake up during the night and I'm on my back. In fact, every time I wake up, I'm on my back. How dangerous is this really? I do roll over once I find that I'm on my back, but theres no telling how long I've been laying like that.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011 at 10:40 AM by LoransMommy »
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

tntmom

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2011 at 04:27 PM »
Kind of frustrated. Woke up this morning....my water broke. So I got an ambulance ride up to a larger hospital with a NICU.

Currently 31 weeks 6 days. So every day I stay pregnant is a blessing at this point. I got one steriod shot already. Currently on continuous monitoring with some very mild contractions. Possibly one to three an hour. Drinking lots of water and also have an IV so I'm continuously getting the nurse to help me go to the bathroom.

My son is going to sort of be bouncing around between my mom, sister, and MIL. He is coming to see me tonight and I think I'm honestly more worried about him than I am about myself or our newest babe. I know we're in a good place for both of us.....and I just feel so bad for him cause he's such a momma's boy. Such is life though. He will survive and we will be home as a family as soon as we can be.

Outcomes look relatively good though, especially compared to my 29-weeker who is doing absolutely awesome. I hope we can continue our luck with healthy babies!

Lanespoli

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2011 at 04:34 PM »
Oh wow tnt I'm sorry to hear that.  Stay positive, you'll be fine and so will your baby!!  Remember it's only temporary and as you said, your son will be fine and you'll all be together soon enough.  You're almost 32 weeks, way to go!  Keep us posted :)...
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2011 at 04:43 PM »
I've been where you are tntmom.  Luckily you are 31 weeks, your baby has great odds.
Seems like the hospital would be smart enough to put a catheter in, or at least give you a damn bed pan.  What are they thinking?  Getting up and down to go to the bathroom much more often is the opposite of what you need right now.  I had a catheter - it only hurts going in, after that its painless.
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

tntmom

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2011 at 12:41 PM »
Day 2 at the hospital and things are going well. They aren't planning on a catheter because of the increased risk of infection which is already so high. My bathroom is literally 3 feet away from my bed....I'm in a super tiny room this time. I actually take it as somewhat of a bleassing because this bed is hell! They did a sterile cervical check before I was sent by ambulance and my cervix was completely closed - go figure.

I feel like I'm reliving the same timeframe that I did with my DS. He was also born in February (Leap Day) and it's all so familiar at this point except that I'm more than two weeks further along. I'm officially 32 weeks today. I received the second steroid injection for baby's lungs this morning....which are all sorts of fun with blood sugars....my doctor here isn't concerned a whole lot about what my levels are. He said they should start to even back out within about 3 days. He didn't want to put me on insulin or anything other meds for the few days and risk any major low blood sugar levels either.

As long as baby is still cooking on Monday I will have a biophysical ultrasound. They seem really positive at this hospital which helps my anxiety levels immensely! It's still hard being away from my DS but we installed Skpe which helps cause then I can see that he's okay!

Keep cooking ladies!

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM »
tntmom,  Sounds like things are looking up.  I hope you stay 'completely closed' till Monday, if not much longer! 
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2011 at 05:34 PM »
@loransMommy,
The sleeping on your back isn't the end of the world, but when you do wake up roll over onto your side. I put a pillow behind my back, keeping me at a tilt and a wedge under my belly. Most of the time when I wake up on my back, because of the positioning of the pillows I am still at a "tilt". The problem with sleeping flat on your back is 1.) you'll have more contractions, and 2.) there's less blood supply going to the uterus and babies due to the weight of the uterus on one of your major blood vessels. It also increases your blood pressure due to the flattening of the blood vessel.

So it's not the end of the world if you end up on your back, just try to roll over when you find you've moved to your back. Lots and lots of pillows for positioning helps. I toss and turn a lot at night, so I always wedge a pillow behind one side of my back to keep me from rolling over. But, I am a back sleeper so I will occasionally wake up and find myself on my back as well.
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2011 at 07:49 PM »
Thanks mckoygirl! I do have the tummy wedge but that's it (and obviously my pillow for my head). Its frustrating enough to roll from one side to the other while having to reposition the wedge pillow, so I just try to keep it simple. I'm constantly trying to get comfortable, as I'm sure the rest of the pregnant women in the world are, and throwing more pillows into the mix just makes it harder! I definitely roll over when I find myself on my back. I guess I'm just surprised at how often I find myself that way. I always tell my husband to wake me up if he finds me on my back, but he rarely wakes up during the night (unlike me - pregnant or not!).  Thanks for explaining the reasons for why back sleeping is not good. I always thought it was so that the umbilical cord doesn't get wrapped around the baby's neck.
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.