Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 31 wks along and 8 wks on bedrest...may go insane  (Read 2539 times)

gestation_incarceration

• View Profile
31 wks along and 8 wks on bedrest...may go insane
« on: April 15, 2009 at 06:54 PM »
Hi all,

I am 31 wks along and have been on bed rest since 23 weeks and some change. I apparently have the world's most unique cervix and they don't know what to do with me. When in doubt...bed rest seems to be the answer. Needless to say nothing has changed with my one-of-a-kind cervix since bed rest but who knows if it is the bed rest or if all would have been fine.

Anyhow, most days are fine but some just feel interminable... Like I may lodge a prison break and use my two dogs as accessories to my jail brake. I am allowed to work full time from home which is nice most days but sometimes can just add stress to the situation. I know I really shouldn't be complaining since i am at home and don't have other children to contend with, but my hubby travels 4 days a week and this was an IVF pregnancy to begin with so sometimes it just feels like a big ole "why me" (Nancy Kerrigan style) is about to bellow from my lungs.

I am definitely up for any pieces of advice or words of wisdom on how to cope with the down days...aside from spending time looking for a pregnancy safe form of whiskey :)

Yours truly,
Mrs. Gestation Incarceration

plmommy

• View Profile
Re: 31 wks along and 8 wks on bedrest...may go insane
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009 at 01:23 PM »
I hear ya! I've been on bed rest for 4 1/2 months with about 2-3 left to go. Not fun. I've had a preemie before so that is my biggest motivation. I would suggest researching and even seeing pictures of premature babies to keep you motivated and to remind your why you are doing this. Even a tour of the NICU at the hospital where you are planning on delivering can be very eye opening. Out of my 4.5 months of bed rest I've spent some of it in the hospital and most recently spent 1 full month on bed rest there away from my husband and daughter. It was pure hell!! I'm so grateful to be on bed rest at home rather then in the hospital. You have to make a decision about who to compare yourself with. It's very easy to see everyone around you who has it easier and better...but the fact of the matter is a lot of people have had it worse. Your bed rest is a temporary situation. Try to look toward little goals, like two weeks at a time. If try to look at the end you will be depressed and overwhelmed for sure. Good luck with everything and I wish you a healthy and happy baby!!

mamaof4girls

• View Profile
Re: 31 wks along and 8 wks on bedrest...may go insane
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009 at 10:22 PM »
I don't know how you all do it!  I have a very new-found respect for all who have had to, or are on bedrest.  I am a mother of three daughters, all were fabulous pregnancies and deliveries... uncomplicated.  This one, however, is a different story!  She is being difficult!  lol Well, I hope you stay distracted with your work!  that's great they let you work from home.... I am unable to do that, so this is the end of the first week I've been on bedrest and I already miss work!  stay connected and positive!  I've never joined a forum, but I really think they can bring some sanity when you don't have people around you and you are bored! 

talk soon!