Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Father's Day 2011  (Read 4240 times)

LoransMommy

• View Profile
Father's Day 2011
« on: February 05, 2011 at 02:37 PM »
I am trying to think of something wonderfully special to do for my husband on his first father's day. He has been so amazing during my bed rest and I want to make sure I show him how much it means to me. By the time it is father's day this year, our son will have been born, and this is our first child. I want to really make it count for him. Any ideas?
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

mckoygirl

• View Profile
Re: Father's Day 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011 at 10:07 PM »
Great idea! It'll be my husband's first too if I make it that long. We're only 18weeks (with twins) on bedrest for contractions and cervix shortening, so I have a long time to think about it.
Hmmm..... what does he like? Hobbies? What's important to him? I read the five love languages and that has helped me realize SO MUCH what is important to my spouse. We aren't at all alike! My husband is a quality time person so I just would have to think of something that requires total time spent only on and with him, doing whatever. Say your husband's an "acts of service" person, he would appreciate you doing something for him more than he would getting a present or going on an outing.
Think about it and re-post. I like thinking of special gifts for people. What else am I going to do, right?!?!
Melody
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011 at 12:20 PM »
He loves music. He plays guitar so I could always get him a guitar related gift, but I also want to DO something for him since he's always doing everything for me these days. I guess it could just be a day of pampering...make him breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc. We love our dogs so maybe we could do a family outting with the dogs and the baby - of course, he'd only be a month old (that is if I don't have him super early) so that may not be a good idea. I don't know!! Does anyone have fun ideas?
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

Aylw88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011 at 04:02 PM »
I'm thinking once this baby is born I'll have hubby go on a belated Father's Day fishing trip lol...He's been such an amazing hubby & father, he soo deserves it! I think it's just the thought that counts, doesn't matter when it's celebrated :)

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011 at 06:53 PM »
I'm thinking once this baby is born I'll have hubby go on a belated Father's Day fishing trip lol...He's been such an amazing hubby & father, he soo deserves it! I think it's just the thought that counts, doesn't matter when it's celebrated :)

soooo true!  ;D

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011 at 08:43 PM »
Question, does your husband write music or just play? I made a gift for my father-in-law (who was a composer) once and it made him cry. We didn't have a lot of money, so I bought a bunch of blank sheet music and learned calligraphy (taught myself online, it wasn't hard), and I hand wrote on the top of the sheets: "Lyrics by (blank)", and "Music by (blank)" , etc. It meant so much to him that I took the time to think of something special for him, and the time it took for me to write all of those out.
Another thought would be maybe taking him to a concert of a musician he admires, or plan a road trip up to somewhere like Nashville, TN (music city). I took my daughter when she was 3-4weeks old with us to TN...just strapped a infant carrier on me everywhere and away we went.
I don't know, an adventure in the park or family picnic at a music festival might be a thought too.
Just suggestions... ;)
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011 at 11:24 PM »
Those are great ideas! He plays guitar, doesn't write music, although he has taught himself to play. What a beautiful gift you gave your father-in-law!