Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday February 14th  (Read 17134 times)

Yvonne

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday February 14th
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011 at 12:05 PM »
I think that being on bed rest makes us hypersensitive to every little tweak our bodies feel.  That's what I do, I sit around all day thinking "oh,my!  What was that _______________(fill in in the blank)..." and in honesty I am never certain if I am treating my "tweaks" as seriously as I ought to be.

Reagahn, I'm sorry your 'tweak' is causing you so much trouble.  I really do understand how distressing these strange mystery pains can be.

Yvonne.

arenee22

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011 at 02:21 PM »
Well back from the dr. Everything is good. Cervix was a bit longer today at 27mm. I go back in 2 weeks.

keewee0630

• View Profile
    • our pregnancy blog
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011 at 02:46 PM »
appointment today went well.  My cervix is still over 4cm which is awesome.  My blood pressure was normal for a change (I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I had my cervical check before they took my bp this time).  Baby's heart rate was 164, and doctor says that my tummy is measuring where I am supposed to be.  I wanted to ask if I could go and get my hair done or my toes done, but I know my husband will tell me that I can't even if the doctor says that I can (he's been very protective since we had the cerclage place, and understandably so).  So I figured I would just keep myself put since things are going very well.  I go back for another check in 2 weeks.

Aniya Mckenzie - due June 4, bed rest since 14wks (12/7/10), due to IC: cerclage

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011 at 03:54 PM »
Keewee,

If you call around a few places - you may be able to find someone willing to come to your home and cut your hair, give you a manicure, etc.  A friend found someone who would do that for me - it cost a little extra - but it was totally worth it!  If anyone is in the Dayton, Ohio area - I can give you a connection. 
Good luck.
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

Lanespoli

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011 at 04:32 PM »
Soooo happy,  I went to the Doctor today, and my cervix is up to 2.6 which I am ELATED about!  They would like me to continue bedrest until 32 weeks, and if everything stays the way it is, they will release me from house arrest to at least be able to go out to eat dinner, yea!!  I'm still not getting my hopes up that this will stay permanent this way, but when I was working I was only 2.2.  They didn't put me on bedrest until I went down to 1.6.  I hope, hope, hope, that it will stay in the 2's and in one more month I'll at least be able to go out for dinner a night or 2 per week.  I wonder if the 17p has anything to do with it?

@Reagan....I get those stabbing pains every once in a while, but I figured out that it happens when she turns or moves.  Sometimes, when I pee or try to move around it releases some of that pressure and helps her to move a little easier.  Once she gets settled, the pain goes away and she's fine.
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011 at 04:42 PM »
That's great news.  My guess is the best rest has more to do to cervical length than 17p.  My understanding was that 17p just keeps the cervix soft so it won't contract, is that right? 
And that is SO AWESOME that you may get excused from bed rest!  I hope it works out for you. 
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

Aylw88

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011 at 04:55 PM »
Awesome news Lanespoli!! Im thinking the bed rest definitely helped! I'm hoping for similar results tomorrow at my ultrasound! I'm guessing the 17p injections are progesterone? If so then it just keeps the uterus/cervix soft & prevents contractions..I've been on progesterone pills since 6 wks & I must say it does help when my cervix has weird cramping!

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011 at 05:11 PM »
@ Reaghan - That sharp pain you described sounds like ligament pains. We used to have patients come in all the time with those, mistaking them for some signs of labor. Ligament pains consist more of a sharp, shooting pain, one side or both, radiating up the sides of your abdomen, they can be short and stabbing, or prolonged. Generally movement and gravity makes it a lot worse. The ligaments that support your womb wrap around from your back, down to the lower part of your uterus. Could be your bladder was full, which was putting more pressure on the womb, and hence the ligaments. Another thing could be (although unlikely) a kidney stone, which was lodged somewhere until you went to the bathroom. Kidney stones are pretty common in pregnancy, but there's no treatment but to pass them. Either one would explain why you had sudden relief when you voided.
Contractions, on the other hand and cramping, menstrual or diarrhea-like pains in the lower abdomen (sometimes in low back as well), lasting 50-90 seconds, they are gradual (increasing in strength until they peak), then gradually go away. The top of your tummy should get really hard with the contractions, again peaking and then slowly getting softer. Contractions that should concern you are ones that are regular, every 5-7 minutes (or less) for 1-1.5hrs, from the start of one to the start of the next, or if there's any bleeding, leaking of fluid, or decreased baby movement.
Hope this helps!
@ Lanespoli - Good for you!
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011 at 05:44 PM »
Wow thanks mckoygirl!  Who knew ligament pain could be so....well, painful. 

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011 at 12:16 PM »
I JUST LOST MY MUCUS PLUG.  I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow.  My mind is racing right now.  Should I call the doctor, should I not?  No contractions or anything.  What now?  I guess it could still be weeks before I go into labor, is that true??

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM »
@Reagan- generally the mucus plug comes out anywhere from a few hours to 3 days before you go into labor (sometimes longer). If you aren't having contractions or bleeding (heavier than just spotting), and baby's moving ok, they usually say to wait at home.... since they don't want you in the hospital "just in case" you go into labor in the next few days. A labor pattern consists of regular contractions from the start of one to the start of the next for less than 5 minutes apart for at least 1-2 hours, increasing in intensity. Usually the pains get intense enough that you can't speak through them and have to focus on breathing. All that being said, if you have a leaking of fluid, bleeding more than spotting, or baby decreases movement- you need to go in anyway. It never hurts to call your doctor just to be sure, I just know what we tell our patients for our docs.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

Lanespoli

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011 at 02:32 PM »
Wow, how exciting Reagan!!  I can't wait until I am at that point...lol.  Keep us posted, I will pray for a nice, easy, painless delivery for you!
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011 at 02:36 PM »
thanks!   quick, easy, and nice sound good to me.

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011 at 06:36 PM »
So, maybe one of you ladies can shed some light on this:
I had some sort of something this morning..... Felt like a stabbing pain wear an ovary would be.  If I moved around it got worse, and the pain spread across all the right side of my belly.  I started drinking some water.  This lasted about 7 minutes.  It was starting to subside, and of course I almost instantly had to pee from drinking the water - so I tried to get out of bed and the movement made the pain come back.  By this time my husband had woken up so I told him I needed to pee but couldn't get up, so he helped me to the bathroom.  After emptying my bladder the pain instantly went away and I felt better.  Isn't that crazy?  So my question - would that be considered ligament pain, a braxton hicks contraction?  I don't think it counts as a real contraction since I didn't feel it all over. 
This pain (minus the bladder relief part of the story) has happened two other times this week.  It's always happens when I'm in the bed.

And...   @ Melody  - thanks! 

I have had that. I consider it ligament pain. Sometimes it's opposite for me...it comes after I pee, but sometimes before. Movement always makes it worse for me. I would say unless it happens a bunch of times in an hour then you're ok.  But still, you might call your doc and tell him/her just to give yourself peace of mind. I felt a strange pain in my back a while back and freaked because it was new and it happened several times. I felt much better after talking to my cousin (mother of 3) and my doctor. I didn't call my doctor (unless my cousin told me to) because I had an appointment the next day...I would have other wise.
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011 at 04:23 PM »
UPDATE:  Officially 37 weeks today.  Just came from doctor's office.  I'm 4cm dialated and 90% effaced. 
tick tock, tick tock, tick tock