Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 32 weeks and on bedrest... 4th baby and never had problems until now!  (Read 1977 times)

mamaof4girls

• View Profile
Hi, I am a mother of already three wonderful daughters.  They were all fabulous pregnancies and deliveries.... this one, however, is being stubborn!  She is my 4th girl, and I am frustrated that it is not going as well as the others.  I now have a very new found respect for mom's in this position!  not that i didn't before, i am a labor and delivery RN, i work with these mom's every day, but when it comes to yourself and the wellbeing of your own children, you get a better idea of what they go through for sure!  needless to say, i am no longer allowed to work my 12hr shifts in the most perfect and fun job ever!  Now, i am home on the couch for at least the next month because i started contracting at work (which i really didn't think was anything other than braxton hicks contractions... this is my 4th baby, so they are pretty common) and after my second 12hr shift in a row, my MD (who saw me at work) told me to get checked out before i went home.  So i had a coworker do a fetalfibronectin swab and cervical exam and even though my test was negative, i was starting to dialate and thin out..... i had an ultrasound about three days later and my cervix was shortened, my AFI (amniotic fluid index) was on the low side, my baby is measuring three weeks ahead of schedule, and she's breech.  Fabulous.  I also have rheumatoid arthritis, and had a leep done last year, so my MD said she wanted me to stop working for the next 4 weeks or so, do weekly u/s, NST's and appts...... so, here i am!

My husband and i were really hoping and counting on me working up until the end, so this is going to put a dent into our finances, which doesn't help either.  Luckily for me, i have three wonderful kids that are helping me out around the house!  I have one that's almost 13, 10, and 6.  Anyway, i've never joined a forum, but after just a week of bedrest, i'm dying for some interraction!!  I'm so bored! lol  Hoping to meet some more mom's out there who are bored too!