Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday February 21  (Read 13656 times)

Aylw88

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday February 21
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011 at 11:16 PM »
I'm still here at 26 wks 3 days! Headed into week 5 of bed rest...no appointments this week which I'm glad...I'm just not interested in going anywhere...

Yvonne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011 at 08:30 AM »
Goodmorning all -

I'm still here :)  I made it to 34 weeks!  6 weeks into bedrest at home.  I have my next Ultrasound/ Cervix check/ OB appointment on Thursday afternoon.  That means that I have now reached 3 milestone goals!  Yay Me!  Yay Babies!

This past week has been a tough one and I must admit, not as restful as it probably should have been.  My 3yo Emily had a nasty virus with fever so was home with me for a few days instead of in daycare.  Then on Friday my older Daughter, Alannah, had dental work done under general anesthesia ( certainly the hardest thing I've ever had to go through as a mom) and has had a really hard time recovering from it (mostly really raw throat from intubation - won't/ can't eat).  To top it off Alannah also caught Emily's Virus and now I think she may have an ear infection...It was also a holiday yesterday (Family Day in Ontario) so that made me busy with a sucky-needs-her-mommy 6 year old and a needs-attention-and energy-burning-activities 3 year old.  Anyways, both girls are home with me again today and Daddy is at work. 

SOOOO, I have set my newest goal to survive today without going into labour or causing my body too many aches and pains.  So far these baby boys seem content to stay where they are despite the fact that my Cervix is ready to go anytime :)

Maybe I'll work on choosing my attitude today - a positive one may make the day nicer for everyone in my house.

Congrats TNTmom on the arrival of your precious bundle - well done - and Regan - hang in there...that babe will join the world at just the right time!

Have a great week Ladies!

Aylw88

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011 at 08:43 AM »
Omg Yvonne, I didn't know you were in Ontario! I'm in Quebec :)

I seriously dunno how you can bed rest & have 2 needy children around but yay for 34 weeks!! Hang in there!!

arenee22

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011 at 01:43 PM »
Reghan-how was your u/s yesterday?

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011 at 02:37 PM »
Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone.  I appreciate it.

The ultrasound was fun - the baby weighs 6 1/2 pounds, and we could see that she has hair on her head!  Very cute, can't wait to really see her for the first time! 
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

bhwhou

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011 at 06:59 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I missed roll call yesterday - kids home from school and all my days seem to be the same so I forgot it was Monday I guess!

I had my 28 week appt last week and the doctor seemed happy with my status but told me not to get too cocky.  I don't go back until March 7th, which I thought was kind of weird because it's a full 3 weeks in between appointments, but I guess that's a good sign.

Hope all is well with everyone - my next milestone is 32 weeks!

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011 at 07:08 PM »
Hello Ladies!!! It's nice to hear all your updates!!  I haven't been in the forum for a while because i just got my internet connection set at my mother's home - YES, I'm at my mother's home after 8 weeks (2 months) in the hospital!!!  The docs. let me go with the only option of going to my mom's home not only because i'll have her help, but also because she lives closer to the hosptial than i do by about a 20 minute drive, and their concern is that since i've been efaced and open for so long if i go into labor, it'll probably happen very fast. I am now 33 wks 3 days and am so happy i'm abou to reach my next goal of 34 wks!  I was discharged at 32 weeks and I have to admit I was a little nervous and anxious with the fact that i wasn't near medical assistance.  I'm very grateful to be at my moms home though.  
I have a question, how often are braxton hicks normal with 33 wks 3 days pregnant???  Last night I had contractions a little closer than i liked, but they stopped in the morning.  I know the doc says that when i go into labor the contractions won't stop and they'll be consistant.  When i was in the hospital they weren't happening so often, so i don't know what to think.  I'll probably get one every hour or 2 - is this normal?????
So nice to be back ladies!!  
As always, lots of strength and patience to all.
Elizabeth

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011 at 07:15 PM »
Welcome back Elizabeth!  I would take it as a good sign that they've discharged you.
As for your Braxton Hicks contractions, I don't know.  It doesn't sound abnormal, but I'm no expert.
Congrats on making it 33weeks! 
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011 at 09:46 PM »
Elizabeth! Welcome back! Congratulations on the change of scenery. Be thankful for what you can, right? So thrilled to hear you are still cookin'!

A couple contractions an hour is okay, but when you get to 4 or more in an hour it is time to call your OB to check in, just to be on the safe side. At 6 or more per hour, they will probably want you to come in. Please checkout this page for identifying Braxton Hicks versus "true" labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/talk.aspx

My labor was very quick (after 4 months of contractions and all kinds of meds to try to stop them), so that's good you're closer to the hospital. I'll share my delivery story with you. I was ready to push as soon as they got me back to L&D, and the door to the room was open, and people were just randomly walking by. I yelled, "Can someone close the damn door? That's really rude!!!" The nurse very timidly said, "We're just trying to get all the equipment in here so you can have this baby." I say. "Oh sorry... Followed by, "I meed SOMEONE to stand down there, NOW!" with the next contraction. And poof, our little guy was here. Guess my point is, don't hesitate to go back in.  ;)

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011 at 11:43 AM »
Thank you Reaganh!  I'm keeping a close eye on those contractions.  After that night, i've been getting maybe one every hr. or many times every 2 hrs.  Congrats on reaching full term!!!!
Angela - thank you!! Yes, it feels so nice to be w/ my family!!  I know, i have to keep in mind that if i have to return I can't hesitate.  The thought of going back is difficult, but i can't let that get in my way of going in if things change.  I'm back to one or two contractions an hr. or many times less so I feel a little more at ease. 
Wow! Your baby boy came really fast!!! What a story!!  I only hope I have enough time to get to the hospital if things start moving  - hopefully nothing will happen for at least 3 or 4 weeks once i'm full term.  So much for that ffn test coming back positive - it's been 6 weeks and i'm still preggers - you told me you knew of many cases where it had come back positive and they held much longer - here's another story you can add to your positive ffn stories!!   I have faith i'll hold if i've held this long with my situation down there!! Even though I feel sooo uncomfortable with all the aches and pains of bedrest and the belly. 

Lots of strength and patience to all the mommies!!
Elizabeth

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011 at 04:10 PM »
Doctor's appt update:  I'm dialated to 5cm now.  My labor will induced on Tuesday March 1st!
  Talk about irony - after 13 weeks of bed rest, 17p injections, and the occassional tributaline sulfate prescription - now they will induce my labor.  Tuesday will be 38wks and 5days.
  The doctor said she would 'break my water' - can anyone tell me what to expect?  I'm imagining sharp objects!

~ Reagan

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011 at 04:32 PM »
Reaganh - amazing isn't it.. after all, an induction.  My situation with my daughter 20 months ago was very similar to yours.  I can tell you that, from my experience, once they break your water, the contrations will start much stronger and painful.  I asked the L&D nurse how long i had before the pain was unbearable once the doc. broke my water and she said "about 10 minutes" , boy was that not so.  I almost couldn't get my epidu. because i was in so much pain.  Remember everyone is different, but from my experience, I suggest you consider getting the epid. right before the water is broken - that is if you're planning on getting epidu.
How exciting for you and your family !!!!!!!!!!!!!   
Good Luck to you!!!
Elizabeth

Aylw88

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011 at 04:40 PM »
Reaganh3,

Omg this is exciting news!! Yay you've made it!!

I agree w/the "breaking waters" thing...my first labour was uncomfortable & I got to the hospital at 7cms! They use a lil stick to puncture the bag of water & I think for me the contractions got stronger almost immediately! The breaking doesn't hurt, it's the contractions to follow that makes things harder to handle...good luck on Tuesday!!

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011 at 06:51 PM »
Hey everyone...I'm so happy to read everyone's good news! How exciting for all. I have good news too! I'm excited because my doctor is going to let me visit my students! I need to have a meeting with my principal to notify her of my intentions for next school year and I need to do this in person since I will not be returning. The doctor said that was fine and that I could stop by my classroom as well. I am planning to go on Monday and can't wait! I never got to tell my preschool students goodbye because the school needed to work out my permanent sub before making any announcements to students, parents and other faculty. It was so hard to leave early that day I went to the doctor to find out if I would be put on bed rest or not. I was so sure I would be, and all I could do was tell them I'd see them tomorrow and that I just had another check up for the doctor to take pictures of the baby. :(  Anyway, now I get to see them and finally have some closure. They're so young and I just didn't want them to feel like I abandoned them. I remember how sad I was when my Kindergarten teacher had her baby and was gone for only a month. By the time this is all over, I will have been gone for almost the entire 2nd semester!
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011 at 05:42 AM »
@Elizabeth- So excited for you to be home! Welcome back.  :D
@Reagan - They break your water with a long knitting-needle looking stick, it's actually a hook with a blunt end. The doctor uses his/her hand to guide it in (so you won't get scratched or anything), then tears the sack. The amniotic sack doesn't have any nerve endings in it, so you won't feel anything but really wet, warm nastiness.  ;)  It'll feel like you're peeing on yourself for the remainder of the time. Kinda gross, I know.
You could technically ASK for the epidural prior to them breaking your water, but tell you physician first thing in the morning (and your nurse) to make sure everyone knows. Sometimes the docs get so busy they forget and walk in first thing and just break it. I would VOICE my desires.
Typically the contractions get a lot stronger after the water breaks, due to losing that "cushioning" of the water and the baby's head applying more firmly to the cervix. You're going to do great!

Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!