Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Cervix Shorter & Failed Diabetes Test :(  (Read 2584 times)

Lanespoli

• View Profile
Cervix Shorter & Failed Diabetes Test :(
« on: February 23, 2011 at 04:07 PM »
Well big bummer at my appointment today.....  my cervix was up to 2.6 at last weeks' appointment and today it is back down to 1.9. :(.  More bad news, I failed the diabetes test yesterday, my number was 153 and because I can't sit in a lab for 3 hours being on bedrest, I have to test my own blood for 3 days.  Ugh, I HATE needles but I also HATE being pricked in the finger!   This is very depressing, so much so that I can't see myself having anymore children after this.  I feel totally robbed of having a nice, happy, enjoyable pregnancy...this really. really stinks and I can't wait for it to be OVER!!!  UGHHHH :(.
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
Re: Cervix Shorter & Failed Diabetes Test :(
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011 at 05:22 PM »
Hang in there mama. I know its hard & you feel like you never want to do it again (& you may very well stick to that!) but that baby will be a big eraser and you will be filled with so much love that you will forget a lot of the  agony of bed rest and all the things that go with it!

Margaret
Embracebedrestblog.com

3rdtimesacharm

• View Profile
Re: Cervix Shorter & Failed Diabetes Test :(
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011 at 11:08 PM »
I know it must be hard, but just know that everything that you are having to go through is totally worth it.  When you hold your little bundle of joy in your arms and take them home, you will know that without a doubt.  I will be praying for you!