Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for February 28  (Read 13538 times)

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
Re: Monday Roll Call for February 28
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011 at 02:32 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. I had 2 weeks of bed rest after having my cerclage put in and I was getting totally cabin feverish. Now knowing I only have to do that same amount of time - 7 times... I'm trying really hard not to start counting the days. My husband is headed to the airport to pick my mother up. She's offered to spend the next 6 weeks living with me. That will be interesting :)

Do you ladied fret over every discharge you feel or baby kick that's too far low? That's what has me freaking out lately.
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011 at 05:15 PM »
flowerchica - Hang in there, try and keep yourself as busy as possible.  I know it's hard to digest when you think of the weeks, but time will pass, and this is only temporary.  I've been on bedrest for 13 weeks and 8 of those weeks (2 months) were at the hospital - probably the most difficult thing iv'e had to endure.  It felt like time would never pass, but it has.  I still have about 2 or 3 weeks more on bedrest.
As far as the baby kicking too far down - I've felt that since i was about 22 weeks and it too freaked me out  :-\.  What I do when that happens is that I put a pillow under my butt, and after a while, the baby accomidates himself higher up.  I don't know if it's mental, but it works for me.  I remember mentioning it to my doc. when he first started kicking so low and he told me not to dwell on what I have no control over.  Where the baby kicks is definitely something we have no control over, so try not to freak yourself out when it happens. 
Sending you and all the mommies on bedrest lots of strength and patience your way.
Elizabeth   

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011 at 08:05 PM »
Thanks so much for the perspective. The kicks are definitely disconcerting. I guess it's because I have no idea what's considered "normal". My placenta is low and she's head down - so I feel her a lot. The only thing keeping me from panicking - was that she feels no different than when my cervix was 3.3 cm. Her low kicks felt  just the same.

Needless to say - I've bought about 30 balls of yarn and I'm about to go on a crocheting spree! That should help the time pass some.
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!