Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for March 7th  (Read 9676 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for March 7th
« on: March 07, 2011 at 09:38 AM »
Happy Monday everyone! Congrats to Reaganh3 on the arrival of Rosalyn Scarlett at 39+ weeks! What an inspiration! Don't get discouraged, mamas. Even with the odds stacked against you, you CAN get your babies here safely.

How's everyone else? How many weeks are you? Any appointments to look forward to this week?
Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Idea of the Day: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Lanespoli

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for March 7th
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011 at 09:45 AM »
31 weeks this week, yea!  Lots of uncomfortable moving around in there.  Also some pain down where my cervix is.  She's breech with her feet up to my chest so I doubt she's kicking me.  I have been waking up every morning around 5:30 am and my legs are killing me.  They aren't cramping up, they just feel extremely achy - as do my hips.  I give all you credit who deliver your babies vaginally after being on bedrest, I don't know how you all have the strength to do so!

Appointment on Wednesday, hoping she gained 1/2 lb and is up to 3 1/2 this week :).

Lori
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!

BWilson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011 at 09:48 AM »
Hi Ladies,

Yes, I am 25w5d today! I look back and the 5 weeks since I got out of the hospital and am just so thankful to still have our little girl. Have my weekly u/s on Fridays. Everything looks good. Cerclage is holding well, cervix is steady at 1.4cm. I gained 3lbs and she is up to 1.8lbs.  Trying to fatten her up as much as possible!

Hi Lori, I just posted a seperate question this morning about aches and pains. My hips are killing me. I feel like my 80 year old grandma. What do you do to relieve the pain?

Hope you are all doing well!

Hugs,
B

Reaganh3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011 at 10:07 AM »
Hey everybody,

Rosalyn is super cute, and time consuming, but I haven't forgotten about all of you who are still cookin!  Thanks to everyone for helping me get through a long 13+ week stint of bed rest.  I have updated my Birth Announcement post to include a link to the hospital baby gallery so u can see a picture of baby Rosalyn.

Best Wishes to all of u!
Baby Girl EDD 3/10/11.  Bed rest since 25wks (11/23/10), due to contractions & history of pre-term delivery.

Lanespoli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011 at 10:18 AM »
@B - I haven't done anything so far to relieve my hip pain.  It seems to be worse in the morning after sleeping all night.  Once I get up and move around, it seems to subside, but then all my other pains kick in once I move to the sofa bed in the living room lol.  My ribs hurt during the day and my hips and legs in the wee hours of the morning! 

@Reagan - Congrats again, can't wait to see her!
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011 at 12:19 PM »
21w4d today!! I'm eager to get to the peri on wednesday to see where my cervix is :)
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011 at 01:22 PM »
Reagan! Rosalyn is absolutely beautiful. So precious! Congratulations!

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011 at 02:30 PM »
Reagan- your daughter is absolutely precious!! congratulations!!!

as for me..23 w 1 d. no appointments this week. i cant do the normal GD test so my doctor has me testing my blood sugar with those at home monitors in the morning after fasting and 2 hours after my biggest meal. heres to hoping i pass! i had my mini freak out a few days ago. i got the urge to clean and reorganize the room but realized i cant do any of that. then that led to the whole 'i want to go to babies r us to check out the baby stuff but i cant' thing. but im on the down hill now and have made it this far so i just need to stay positive. baby jacob is healthy, my cerclage is holding up and my husband comes home next month and thats all that matters :)

hope everyone is doing good :)
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

flowerchica

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011 at 04:41 PM »
kristin - I just had the same realization - I'm not going to get the "go to the store and pick up baby stuff" experience :( SO I guess it's trolling the company websites again.
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

bhwhou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011 at 04:48 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I had my 31 week visit today and everything looked good.

After 5 weeks of bed rest, my cervix is holding up at 2.4 and the baby weighs 3 lbs., 9 oz.  Doctor said I can get out once a day - still no driving or chores, but I was pretty happy about the idea of getting out a little bit!

I hope everyone else is doing okay!

Bridget

ReeMichele

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011 at 08:45 PM »
Hi ladies. :)

I'm Ree and I'm new here - just registered in fact. 

Today is my 23w mark and I've been on bedrest now for almost a full week - I'm already going a little nutty not being able to move around! 

I have an appointment on Wednesday to check on things and see if I'm improving, worsening, or remaining the same...

As of last Tuesday my cervix was 1.4cm long.  There was no dilation, but the doctors were obviously concerned anyway. I spent most of that day in the hospital being monitored for contractions (there weren't any).

The weekend before that I was in the hospital for preterm labor - complete with contracts, but no shortening of the cervix or dilation.  Soooo...

Here I am!

flowerchica

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011 at 09:20 PM »
Welcome Ree! i'm on day 5 of bedrest :) Want a bedrest buddy ? :)

I'm 21w 4 days though. Hang in there - it is crazy!!

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011 at 09:32 PM »
Hi ree! Welcome! I'm a day ahead of you!

Flower- since being on bed rest I find myself always online lol im either playing cityville on fb or fixing my baby registry lol have you signed up for mamapedia? I think thats what it's called. It's like groupon. I was able to get half off room decals and edible cupcake toppers for the cupcakes I want for my baby shower lol also cribsies is a good site. They have a ton of categories and people vote for the best of in each category. I've found so many things I didn't even know existed lol. The Internet can be such an expensive thing during bed rest lol
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011 at 11:30 PM »
Hello to all! Welcome to the new members!

I wil be 32 weeks tomorrow!! I can't believe there are just 8 weeks left to go (that is if he keeps on cookin!). I can remember being only 8 weeks along and it just seems like it was so long ago. I guess it was!
Anyway, I had my baby shower this weekend and laid on the couch while 50 women came around and told me how good I look (which I think is just something they feel they have to say, whether they mean it or not) and asking me how my spirits are - and I can honestly say that my spirits are GREAT!! I'm just flying through, and my weeks seem to be going by quickly. Of course I still have my meltdowns which must be the reason why I'm doing so well. Those meltdowns help a lot and then my husband makes me laugh a lot to make me feel better, and in no time, I do!
Anyway, doctor again on Wednesday and I think I'll have my same old report! I'll let y'all know if I don't.

Good luck to everyone out there! Keep'em Cookin!!!
Elizabeth
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

Aylw88

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011 at 07:59 AM »
Reaghan3 congratulations On Rosalyn!!  :)

Welcome new members!  :) :)

I'm late checking in but I'm still here at 29 wks going on wk 7 of bed rest! I'm actually doing well this wk, felt less stinging 'down there' & my aches are better since dr has let me do little trips around the house. Again, nothing strenuous but those moments being upright helps with muscle aches a lot! Last scan showed zero funneling & I'm holding now at 1.8cms from 1.1cms..I've been more positive lately, zero meltdowns so it's been a good week :) I have my glucose test tomorrow & another scan to check for baby's growth so we'll see where I'm at then...