Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 13 Weeks along - second time on bedrest  (Read 3123 times)

janalynn8

• View Profile
13 Weeks along - second time on bedrest
« on: March 08, 2011 at 05:51 PM »
I had never heard of this site until I got a twitter.  So here is my story.  THis past spring we were pregnant with our first child - at six weeks along we lost the baby.  It was devistating for us.  On New Years Day (my hubby's birthday) we found out we were expecting.  I am considered high risk because I am over 35, I have a blood clotting disorder, and I have MS.  Not the best combo I have to say - after about week 5 I had some spotting so I was put on bedrest for about 4 weeks.   Then I was off for three weeks - two weeks I ago I ended up in the ER with bleeding and two infections.  Back on bedrest.  Not sure if this is going to be a long term thing or just a short term thing - but I it is nice to talk to other women who have to also be on bedrest - though I am guessing most of you are probably much farther along.  So that is my story and I am sticking to it.

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
Re: 13 Weeks along - second time on bedrest
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011 at 06:28 PM »
It's good to meet you. I found this forum on twitter too! Hang in there - we all have a journey on bedrest for different reasons. I also love being able to chat with other women going through the same thing. I actually think there are plenty of women who are on bedrest at just as early as you are. My first bedrest stint was for 2 weeks at 12 weeks! Now I'm on my second stint at 21 weeks for pretty much the rest of the pregnancy (incompetent cervix).

Good to have you here!
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

Silvereyez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011 at 07:36 PM »
Nice to meet you! This is my 2nd round as well. With my son i was on bed rest from 28-36 weeks, this time it started at 24. I'm hoping this board makes the hours fly by soooo much faster! lol

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011 at 01:20 PM »
So glad you found this site! It's a great comfort to know there are others who really get what you're going through. I did 23 weeks of bed rest last year starting at 13 weeks. I had hemmoraghed & they found clots & Placenta Previa. They put me on BR for a week but then each time they did an ultrasound they would find something new and bed rest would be extended. It was truly frustrating not to know what to plan for and not be in control of what was happening in my life. Heres the story http://embracebedrestblog.com/2011/02/13/23-weeks-of-bed-rest-remembered/
Hang in there. I know it feels crazy and like things are out of your control but that baby will be the prize at the end!

Margaret

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011 at 07:53 PM »
I get a lot of inspiration from you ladies who have lasted so long. I'm 12 days in and already a little stir crazy...
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011 at 10:48 PM »
Hi, janalynn8.

How are you doing? Any OB appointments coming up this week?
--Angela