Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Can't stand the feeling of being kicked real low (cerclage + bedrest)  (Read 4253 times)

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
It's always so hard to find the balance between "normal" and strange sensations. My cervix dropped from 3.3 to 1.97 cm in 2 weeks - so my doc has me on 17p shots, indocin for 3 days, and modified bedrest. Back before I got my nice long 3.3 measurement, I was feeling kicks real low. I actually thought something was wrong, but then we went in and found that my cervix had grown from 2.9 to 3.3 So now that I'm at 1.97 cm - I'm freaked out. I still feel the kicks low, but I don't feel any other symptoms. I'm not bleeding, no extra discharge, no cramps, no contractions or anything. What do I make of this. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and I've sort of decided that unless something feels really wrong, I'm not running to the emergency room. Of course I have this feeling of - what if I ignore something and have to deal with the guilt.

For any of you ladies with cerclages:

My cerclage is sitting right at the 2cm mark on my cervix

1 - Won't I have increased discharge if I shorten beyond the cerclage?
2 - Will I have some spotting or bleeding if the cerclage starts to fail?
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

3rdtimesacharm

• View Profile
Sometimes with a cerclage, you will spot continiously and sometimes you won't.  If you are not experiencing any other symptoms and you feel as though everything is OK, then you should wait until Wednesday until your doctor's appointment.  If you feel in your gut that something is just not right, then you should at the very least call and talk with your doctor. 

I had to have a resuce cerclage placed when we found out that my cervix had begun to dialate and I was placed on bedrest.  Although it was a nuissance to go to the hospital as much as I did; if I felt something wasn't right, I went.  Then one day everything was OK, but I felt that something just wasn't right so I called my doc and asked if she could fit me in later that day.  She did, and everything was OK, but something still didn't "feel right"...I ended up going to the hospital the following day because I was in severe pain and delivered my daughter too early a few hours later.  No one knows your body better than you do, so if you're not feeling right or just want reassurance, talk with your doctor.  Even if nothing is wrong, you'll at least have a peace of mind.  It is always better to go and nothing be wrong than to wait and regret it later.  I hope this information helps you! ;)

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
Thanks for the head's up. I ended up not going. It's kind of weird - there isn't anything that feels truly "off" I guess. The baby's kicking hasn't been any different before my cervix started shortening. I did get to the peri and got measured and I've had no shrinkage - so I guess bedrest is working. Since I have no cramps, no contractions, no extra discharge and no spotting - I'm going to assume I"m ok for now :)
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!