Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for March 21  (Read 11293 times)

growinLevi

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for March 21
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011 at 01:07 AM »
Loransmommy- I just laughed so hard at your story I almost peed myself. Thanks for bringing a little humor to the table. I needed that!
Mother of 3 blessings. #4 on the way. On bedrest at 23 weeks due to Pre-Eclampsia.

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011 at 08:33 AM »
Loransmommy - I was laughing too when I ready your post. :D Yes, that sounds like an "all-time" low for pregnancy, or at least, let's hope it's the lowest point. ;)
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011 at 11:01 AM »
Glad to make everyone laugh  ;D fortunately, it made me laugh too!
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

arenee22

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011 at 01:38 PM »
well drs visit today was not fun. Found out my fluid is low, so I have to go back on Thur for a recheck.   UGGG Stressful!

ReeMichele

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011 at 03:41 PM »
Hello again ladies. Sorry I'm once again late posting...it seems like I can't keep my days straight at all!

I hit 25 weeks yesterday and I'm still holding steady, far as I can tell.

On the 17th (last Thursday) they did the fetal fibronectin (fFN) test and my cervical check.  The fFN was negative thank goodness, and my cervix had only gone from 1.4cm to 1.37cm...but then the doc decided to do the digital test to see if I'm dilated.  Turns out that yes, in fact, I am - somewhere between 1 and 2cm.  Not a huge amount, normally, but considering how short my cervix is...not a good amount. 

Now she did say that I could have been dilated all along...since my cervix is anterior and the previous checks have been by different doctors...there's no way to tell if I've actually been dilated or if this is new.

Soooo the current plan is to wait until I hit 26 weeks (next Monday, the 28th) and check me again.  They'll do a repeat of the fFN and the cervical length and then pay close attention to the dilation.  This time of course, all three things have to look good - negative fFN, no more shortening, and no further dilation.

IF these three condtions are met, they'll let me go home.  If not, here I stay.

Bleh.  Again, though, I guess it could be worse.

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011 at 04:24 PM »
Not so much to report here. 25w2d and no appointment this week. Had one last week & everything is looking good. Doc said I'm allowed one outing to a movie or restaurant a week but probably won't do it just yet. I'm paranoid & would rather play it safe than sorry. Other than that things are good on the home front. Less than a month til hubby comes home then no deployments for 3 years! Yay!

Keep cooking ladies!
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011 at 12:49 PM »
Hi, ladies.

A reporter from the Washington Post is urgently looking to speak with someone in the DC area currently taking 17P injections. This is for an article he is doing about Makena.

E-mail Rob Stein at steinr@washpost.com

Lanespoli

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011 at 05:30 PM »
Doctors appt went well today, they actually want me to start moving around yea!  They stopped measuring my cervix and I had an NST test which they said was fine, even though I was concerned about her not moving as much lately.  Only 2 more 17p injections left.  I was told the pain in my hands is carpal tunnel, big shocker there being on the computer all day long to occupy my time on bedrest lol.  So far I have gained 40 lbs with this pregnancy, yikes!  Doctor doesn't seem concerned though....
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011 at 12:10 AM »
Lanespoli - Good for you! The NST is a great test to establish fetal well-being. It basically gives everyone the "warm fuzzies" that the baby is doing ok in there. I've only seen ONE time in 8 years where someone had a great NST and something bad happened to the baby. We do anywhere from 2 to 20 NST's a day on women and they have a GREAT predictive value that baby is doing good. If my babies weren't moving, that's exactly what I'd want to reassure me they were ok.
They have braces to wear at night for the Carpal tunnel, but you are so close to delivery and it tends to go away soon after, so it might not be worth spending the money on.
I've gained 38lbs and I'm only 25 weeks!!!! My doc fussed at me about it. But I'm usually VERY active and when I'm not, I pile on the weight when I'm NOT pregnant, so I just ignore the comments and scolding. I'll have plenty of time to lose it after. I got up to 230lbs with my daughter and was a size 18 afterwards, and got back down to 132lbs, size 4-6 eventually. Now I'm already at 190lbs!!!! Such is life... ;)
3 previous losses

arenee22

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011 at 05:01 PM »
Well, my fluid level was up to 8 today so thats good. They checked me to see if I was leaking fluid and I'm not so that is good too. I go back on Monday for another Non stress test and I think another fluid check.

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011 at 09:23 PM »
Ree - hang in there - keep us posted on  your progress. I hope you get to bake your baby more!

Lanespoli - I keep waiting for my weight to pile on. I've gained just 5 lb with this pregnancy..... and I'm 24 weeks. I tend to lose weight on bed rest - although I never understood that.
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011 at 10:59 PM »
flowerchica- tell me your secret!!!
3 previous losses

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011 at 04:58 AM »
There's no secret actually. In fact... I've been trying to upp my food intake, drinking milk, occasionally eating out to increase caloric intake. And to make it worse - I have PCOS, and I've been off my glucophage since 12 weeks - and still not much weight gain! I will say this - with all the inactivity and the baby squeezing on my organs, food is a lot less attractive since I got preggers!
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011 at 10:52 AM »
I've gained 42lbs so far and I'm only 25 weeks!  :o I know I'm having twins, but that's not the weight I'm putting on right now.  :(
Usually though I'm very active and strict with my diet because other wise I balloon up and quickly become of the "obese" category. So, I'm assuming the inactivity, in addition to a normally SLOW metabolism and me now eating for three has done me in! I was a size 18 after my first delivery, and it took me two years to get back down to a size 6. NOT looking forward to that again, but what can I do, right? I definitely can't get on my elliptical or start doing aerobics dvds... (sigh)  :-\
3 previous losses