Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New to bed rest - bleeding, etc. at 15 wks  (Read 2030 times)

tinamc

• View Profile
New to bed rest - bleeding, etc. at 15 wks
« on: April 20, 2009 at 12:32 PM »
Hi everyone - So glad to have found this forum!!
I am on pregnancy #5, hopefully baby #2. My first pregnancy was fairly uneventful. Then three unexplained m/cs (at 6.5wks, 11wks and 5.5wks) and I am pregnant again. Yesterday I got to 15wks.

I've had my bouts of bleeding at 8wks and 12 wks. And then last weeks I passed clots. They can't see any bleeding inside, so they assume it's happening between the placenta and the uterine wall. Thankfully, the baby is perfectly fine. But with my history, the clots, and marginal placenta previa, I have been placed on strict bed rest.  Up for bathroom breaks and a quick shower only. I hope to go 20 wks+ - but at the very least 10 wks so the baby is viable...I would be horrified to lose this perfectly healthy "Bumblebee" due to my stupid body.

Just started bed rest on Thursday the 16th. I am a writer, so I have plenty to do on my laptop, which is good. But I am seriously considering teaching myself something like knitting so I don't become glued to the computer screen all day, every day.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better and cheering each other on!

Fyreflye

• View Profile
Re: New to bed rest - bleeding, etc. at 15 wks
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009 at 07:52 AM »
Welcome! I am 32 wks, and have been on bed rest on and off since December. I learned to knit, continued my study of Reiki, and got a lot more writing done than I would have. I also play an online game and have gotten more done on there than I did last year! It's good to search out postiive things to do, because we all have moments of despair but if we can shift focus we can come out of it quicker.  BTW, "Bumblebee" is one knickname we have for the baby too, because my older daughter is a "Ladybug"! Best of luck to you, I know you have a long road ahead, but you are in good company here.     Fyreflye

Princesssmc

• View Profile
Re: New to bed rest - bleeding, etc. at 15 wks
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009 at 11:05 AM »
I'm right where you are.  I had unexplained bleeding throughout my first trimester and some of the second.  I think I had 3-4 vaginal ultrasounds all before 12 weeks.  The doctor never could figure it out.  Then I found out at 13 weeks I was having twins.  Then I was referred to a doctor at Maternal Fetal Medicine in Indianapolis, IN.  There I found out I had Placenta Previa and that is what had been causing all of my bleeding.  Now I get vaginal ultrasounds every 2 weeks to check on my cervix along with growth and measurement ultrasounds every 4 weeks for the twins.I also go to my regular OB doctor every month for now--eventually every week, 2 times a week, then 3 times a week.  I just found out yesterday that the placenta finally moved and that the previa is gone--thank God!!  You still have plenty of time for yours to move.  Just make sure that you are not having any period like bleeding.  If you do, call your doctor right away!  I am 22 weeks so it took some time for it to move...especially since each twin has her own placenta.  I will be on bed rest in about 6 weeks or less just because I am having multiples and have had issues.  Just stay strong and I am here if you need a friend!!

Summer