Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday March 28th  (Read 11975 times)

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
Re: Roll Call for Monday March 28th
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011 at 07:10 AM »
saraonbedrest - it's awesome that you are so close to full term. Tust me - you are an inspiration

kristinenicolle - I understand - I feel guilty being optimistic although I know optimism helps :) I too am roughly 10 weeks away from getting my cerclage out.

arenee - 2 weeks pretty much to 37 weeks - outstanding!!

Lanespoli - I'm definitely nervous for getting to that point. I know as I start nearing the end of the second trimester.. I'm getting closer to that point.

Ree - it's a good sign that they are letting you go every 2 weeks between appointments. I know sometimes we wish for more cervical length but stable is awesome.

GrowinEli - I'm so happy you're allowed to move around in a pool no less!!!!

My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

Aylw88

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011 at 11:29 AM »
Forgot to check in yesterday ugh!

I'm doing well, I'm 31 wks & 4 days along! Feeling the occasional BH contractions these past few days but nothing serious! It lasts maybe 10 seconds & occurs maybe a few times a day :) Baby has been very active so I know all is well!

It was a nightmare to get scanned last week so I didn't get one done which worried me a little bit. I do see my dr next week though & he'll scan me himself so that's ok with me!  ;D

So glad to hear everyone is doing well this week!!  :)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011 at 02:03 PM »

BWilson

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011 at 02:27 PM »
Well, I logged into the chat. I tried to say hi but it wouldn't post it to the chat...not sure if I am doing something wrong but wanted to check in with you guys on here!

Is anyone else having issues?

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011 at 02:41 PM »
Oh, pooey. Please try again. Maybe we had too many people posting at once.

amythyst8

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011 at 05:17 PM »
I missed roll call, but I am still here. :) I spent a day in the hospital last week- enough of an issue to call the DH and kids and get them all down here. Some of my labs came back bad but they decided they were not bad enough to warrant delivery. SO... I am back at home #2 (aka "mommy's house" to our kids) and am waiting patiently for the next step in this.

I am 35+4 today.

Tomorrow is my DH's birthday and I am so bummed that I won't be there with him to celebrate. :(

Good things about this last week... I got to see my entire family. My Dr is finally talking about WHEN I reach full term and not IF I will reach full term. It is a good change of wording that I doubted I would get to so many weeks ago.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011 at 05:22 PM by amythyst8 »
Mama to 7 blessings~Baby Girl Due 4/29/11~Bedrest since 26 weeks for preeclampsia~Missing my family & looking forward to being home again soon~

amythyst8

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011 at 05:24 PM »
Happy Birthday mommadown! :)
Mama to 7 blessings~Baby Girl Due 4/29/11~Bedrest since 26 weeks for preeclampsia~Missing my family & looking forward to being home again soon~

mommadown

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011 at 07:29 PM »
Happy Birthday mommadown! :)

Thanks!  Had a great day...ate way too much!
Mother to 12 mth old boy(IVF/ICSI)
EDD June 28, 2011 to baby boy #2 (IVF/ICSI)
Cervical funneling and shortened cervix(3.8, 2.8, 2.4)
Bedrest and Progesterone suppositories

Allison

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011 at 08:03 AM »
Hi ladies!

Today I'm 30w 3d and I had another cervical length check yesterday.  My cervis dropped from 3.2 to 2.8 and I was having contractions.  I was admitted to the hospital but by last night I was only having one contraction every 2/3 hours.  So, I asked the nurse to call the dr on call and was sent home, thank goodness!  I am back on strict bed rest and have another cervical check next Tuesday. 

Good news is I am not dilated and baby Dylan looks healthy.  I'm so glad to be home but had quite a few crying episodes yesterday.  I guess everyone needs a few of those in our positions. 
Mom to RJ born at 36.5 days bed rest from31 weeks on
Mom to Dylan born at 35.4 weeks tvc placed at 13 weeks, bed rest from27 weeks on
Abdominal cerclage placed in December 2011
Currently trying to conceive

Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011 at 03:41 PM »
I missed Monday roll call, but I'm still here! 24 weeks 6 days today. I had an u/s and cervix check yesterday. My cervical length is measuring 1.1 cm. I had the steriod shots last week and am still doing weekly progesterone shots. There are still at least 3-7 critical weeks ahead. Doc reminded me that if I can't make bed rest work at home they'll make me do it in the hospital. Believe me, I am going to make this work at home! There is pressure on my cerclage that they are worried about. I'll see both my peri and my OB  again next week. The only time I get to leave my house is to go to the docs....it's amazing how much I look forward to my appointments! Little Princess is measuring a little small, but looking good at 1 pound 8 ounces. So happy to still be cookin'! As inconvenient as bed rest is, I would gladly stay down the entire 9 months to have a healthy baby. Not fun at times, but so totally worth it :)
EDD 7/14
Bed rest since 3/1 (20 wks 5 d)
Cerclage 3/2 due to premature dilation (2+) and effacement

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011 at 04:09 PM »
Hello all! Sorry for checking in late. I spent Monday washing all of the baby clothes and blankets and bedding...took ALL day! I had to really spread it out so I wouldn't get too tired. Nonetheless, I was extremely exhausted Monday night and my back was killing me! It's funny how now that I have been given permission to be up more, I almost don't want to because I get soooo tired from it.

So I went to the doctor today, and I've started to dilate!!! I'm 35 weeks now, so I've reached the safety zone. I'm barely dilated though. Not even a centimeter. She described it as a "fingertip." But still, we are super excited at the thought of the beginning of the end of the pregnancy. The doctor has given me more freedom to move about. I can run small, quick errands by myself and she's letting me go to the Rockets game on Sunday (Houston basketball)! And of course I can do one big weekly outing as she had said before. Anyway, hope all is still well with everyone!
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM »
Loransmommy - Good for you! I can't wait until I'm able to run errands and have an outing. That's great you're dilated a little now. Out of the danger zone and able to nest a little, such a wonderful feeling! Have fun at the game.  :)

Allison - I think occasional crying episodes are therapeutic... In addition to the occasional temper-tantrum.  ;D

Everyone else sounds like they're doing great. Love to hear about all of you!
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2011 at 05:01 PM »
It is SO wonderful to hear all this positive news!

Just wanted to let everyone know we are having a live chat tonight at 8 pm Eastern time. Just go to:
http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

Next, enter your screen name, hit enter, and then you can view the chat and join in. Looking forward to it!
Angela

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011 at 11:14 PM »
I have such a wonderful excuse not to have checked in on time - JULIUS WAS BORN ON MARCH 22!!!!  I was 37wks, 3 days!  I had a docs. apt. the day after roll call on March 21, and when doc. checked, I was 6 cm dialated and he was very low, so the doc. told me he felt it was time, and I was more than ready to meet my little man.  Needless to say, I pushed 5 or 6 times, and he was out!!  The L&D nurse and my doctor had a bet going on.  At 2:35pm the LD nurse said the baby would be out by 3:00pm, and doctor thought it would take a bit longer.  The bet was the doctor would buy us all icecream if the LD nurse was right.  I pushed 3 times and the head was out!!!! In total I must've pushed 5 or 6 times.  The baby was out at 2:56pm and the doctor brought us all icecream after the delivery!  I am so blessed to have held him in for so long and was able to take him home with me after 2 days in hospital.  What a journey!!  I have to say, the 4 months in bedrest (2 in hospital bed rest) definitely took a toll on me physically - more than I imagined.  I still can't carry my 21 month old daughter, and I can't walk too long before getting winded. Thankfully my husband stayed home with me one weeks and a half, and my mother comes in the mornings to help with my 21 month daughter.  My daughter has been so good considering she's so young.  She'll walk by me and give him a and I a kiss.  She'll do this many times in a day.  I hope she continues being such a trooper about having a baby brother. 

Ladies, there are no words to describe how grateful I am to have held him in for as long as i did - Keep those legs up and know that everything will be okay if you continue doing so.  Remember, bedrest is temporary, and before you know it, the time will come.  Cry when you need to, bitch if you have to, vent when you need to vent, but always keep your faith and those legs up. 

I'm so happy to have found this forum and will be forever grateful.  Angela, thank you for doing such a wonderful thing!!
I plan to check in every once in a while to see how all the mommies and doing!!
As always, lots of strength and patience. 
ELizabeth

growinLevi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011 at 11:51 PM »
Congratulations Elizabeth! I am so glad that you have finished the marathon! I know you must feel such immense relief that Julius is here safe and sound and you no longer have to be is bed. Hearing your story is such an encouragement to me. I have 4 weeks left until 36 weeks and hopefully will go even further. It feels good to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been down 9 weeks now and if I make it to 39 weeks it'll be 4 months total. II keep telling myself that it is a temporary inconvienence for a lifetime of joy. Thanks for giving us some encouragement to keep our faith up. I always can use a reminder!

Corrie
Mother of 3 blessings. #4 on the way. On bedrest at 23 weeks due to Pre-Eclampsia.