Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: im bleeding again i need some advice quick  (Read 2882 times)

savingbabyrosie

• View Profile
im bleeding again i need some advice quick
« on: April 21, 2009 at 03:17 PM »
I'm got up this morning just now to use the restroom and I passed a blood clot the size of a small tomatoe. This would be the third tim that I started bleeding I have complete previe. I don't want to go to the hospital without knowing for sure that the bleeding won't stop. Can someone please tell me what should I do. Should I go to er and have them admit me for the rest of my pregnancy or should I call the doctor its 816 am here and his office opens at 9
=^..^=

tinamc

• View Profile
Re: im bleeding again i need some advice quick
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009 at 03:29 PM »
How far along are you? If less than 20 wks, I would opt for your OB, because at the ER you will likely have a looooonnnnggggg wait. Each of my ER visits were 6hrs! If I had had access to my OB at the time, I wouldn't have gone to the ER. But if you are farther along, they'll take you as a maternity triage patient, much faster than ER.

Hope all is well, whichever you decide to do!! Fingers crossed!!!

savingbabyrosie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009 at 03:38 PM »
 ???I'm 26 weeks and 5 days and it would be the third time I started bleeding. I have complete previa
=^..^=

Fyreflye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009 at 04:42 PM »
I hope u called ur doctor! When in doubt, call, thats why they have an on-call for.  I know it can be intimidating, and you hate to be a 'bother' but any medical professional who didn't want you to be better safe than sorry should get a new profession! I am on my second problem pregnancy and I have been lucky to have drs and teams that were great and caring, but I know thats not always the case, and sometimes it's up to the mom to push a little to get answers and help. I hope u called/saw ur dr and I hope you and that baby r ok!   Fyreflye

Princesssmc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009 at 03:08 PM »
Sounds like Placenta Previa or Placenta Abrupto.  If you are bleeding heavily, you need to get somewhere asap.  I bled like that and I had placenta previa.  I am 22 weeks now and it just went away.  Don't take any chances.