Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Bedrest Baby Shower  (Read 1733 times)

BELLABOO12

• View Profile
Bedrest Baby Shower
« on: April 11, 2011 at 12:15 PM »
Hi Everyone,
So I also have a baby shower question.....

My mom is really wanting to throw me a baby shower even though I wont be able to attend ( she wants me to skype in)...she lives about 3 hours away.  She wants me to have "normal" experiences and be able to have some of the fun stuff too but part of me feels like it may be cheesy have a shower without the mom to be....thoughts? What have you all done?
short cervical length
History of pre-term labor
Baby boy due July 4

LoransMommy

• View Profile
Re: Bedrest Baby Shower
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011 at 03:11 PM »
How far along are you and what are your circumstances? Also, what does your doctor say?
I had my baby shower, but it was only a few minutes away from my house. I layed down the entire time.
Maybe your mom could throw it somewhere in town? Or if not, maybe with your doctor's permission, you could make a long weekend of it and lay down in the car to get to your parents, have the shower a day later, then go home the next day.
If those are not options, then I think you should just do the shower through skype!! You might feel a little funny though sitting there. But you absolutely should have a baby shower!!
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.