Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday April 11th  (Read 15405 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for Monday April 11th
« on: April 11, 2011 at 07:44 AM »
Welcome to the start of a new week! How is everyone doing? Let us know how many weeks you are and if you have any appointments this week. 

When you get a chance, reach out to some of our newest moms who haven't received many replies yet. And feel free to add a photo to your profile or post a photo as an attachment (see "Additional Options" below) to your posts. So excited to have these new features up and running!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Tuesdays at 2: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx Live chat at 2 pm Eastern
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Idea of the Day: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011 at 10:50 AM by Angela »

kghughes

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday April 11th
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011 at 08:11 AM »
Hi everyone - its been a busy past two weeks for someone on bedrest!  Full of appointments: another 24 hour holter monitor to monitor my heart, and another echocardiogram to make sure there hasn't been any more changes in heart size/function.  Plus my biweekly OB/midwives and more bloodwork/urine tests than should be allowed :-). 
     I was officially put on full bedrest due to blood pressure, and officially diagnosed with pre-eclampsia.  We're still mild at this point, and in fact, my last 24 hr urine protein came back lower (from 400 originally to 266 with this last one), which my midwives are very pleased with.  However, at my last appointment, my urine came back with sugar in it - even though I've passed two 1 hour GD tests. So I get to do MORE testing, but since the glucose drink makes me vomit, they are doing  a fasting test and a two hour post breakfast test.  Pretty nervous, as I'm not sure I can really handle any more emotionally, so we're really hoping this is a fluke.  I mean, there wasn't sugar in my urine 4 days before, and I have no other symptoms!!!  Of course, worrying about this doesn't help my BP - bedrest is such a catch 22 to me!!!  It is supposed to keep my BP low, but when I don't work, I have nothing to keep me occupied except to worry, which raises my BP.
        But I'm 32 weeks now, and at the last biophysical profile the Ewok was upto 4.8lbs (which can be off of course, but even if we're lower by a lb, then we're still doin' ok!), and my amniotic fluid was still normal.  Another NST today, then on Thursday we FINALLY get to meet the high risk OBs at Dartmouth Hitchcock who will be delivering the Ewok.  Its a LONG trip, 2.5 hours, so we have millions of questions!!! 
         I hope everyone else is doing well - it will be close to  80 up here today, so I'm bedresting myself on a blanket in the backyard later on... vitamin D is good for the soul!!

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011 at 08:39 AM »
Hello everyone! Looking forward to a beautiful week, hoping to get some rays too (as khughes suggested).  ;D
I'll be 28 weeks Thursday with my twins, still on procardia and cervix is still holding stable. I have an appointment Friday with my regular OB where they'll do another fetal fibrinectin to "rule out" delivery for another two weeks. GD screen last week was negative, so I'm enjoying my food as long as I can (diet to soon ensue after delivery!). Lots of sporadic, tightening contractions, but my little ones are giving me a beating from the inside so I'm sure that, coupled with their rate of growth is the cause of it.

My husband goes out of town this week for his first week away since I've been on bedrest. I don't know if I'm glad or sad! We'll see how I manage by the end of the week. I'm having to pack my 5yr old up to stay at her grandparents house so I don't have to take her on her  2.5hr drive a day to & from school.  :-\ I'll miss her like crazy.

I'm already measuring past 40 weeks now and my husband told me two nights ago he's more worried about me going 'til 38 weeks than he is having two premies!!! LOL.  ;) I will cross my legs and hold them in as long as I can!
Take care everyone, hope you all have a great week!
Melody
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

mommadown

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011 at 10:25 AM »
Hey Everyone!

I'm 29 weeks tomorrow and have been on bedrest since 26 weeks.  Last weeks Ultrasound showed an improvement of 2.4cm to 2.5cm and no funneling.  So, we are pleased with the improvement!  Have appointment this Thursday for repeat fFN.  Hope everyone is doing well!
Mother to 12 mth old boy(IVF/ICSI)
EDD June 28, 2011 to baby boy #2 (IVF/ICSI)
Cervical funneling and shortened cervix(3.8, 2.8, 2.4)
Bedrest and Progesterone suppositories

keewee0630

• View Profile
    • our pregnancy blog
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011 at 11:02 AM »
Hello Ladies...sorry I've been MIA, but we're still cookin!  I've been on bed rest since 14wks and have made to 32 weeks this past Saturday.  I'm on bed rest because I had a cerclage placed at 14wks.  Everything has been going great, on Friday had a bout of some painful braxton hicks, but that passed and I haven't had anymore.  We had our baby shower on April 2nd, and received everything we needed to get us started and keep us going for at least the first 6 months.  Hope everyone is doing well.
Aniya Mckenzie - due June 4, bed rest since 14wks (12/7/10), due to IC: cerclage

BELLABOO12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011 at 12:02 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am still cookin :) I am 28 weeks today so we are really excited! I have another Cervical length test on Friday.  We did our Cervical length and FFN on Friday (4/8) and the FFN was negative thank god and my cervical length was still around 1.7-1.9 so we are holding steady.... :)
short cervical length
History of pre-term labor
Baby boy due July 4

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011 at 01:18 PM »
still cooking here. 28 w 1 d

had a scare last night. i started spotting pink which turned to a scant amount of bright red. so i went to L&D where they hooked me up to the montiors. i was having mild contractions but nothing painful so i was given a terb shot and loads of fluid. doctor thinks i may have an irritable uterus & mild urinary infection. so i need to retest for that at my follow up. i also had an u/s done to make sure my cerclage was still in place. everything looked good. no signs of funneling or dilating, cervix is measuring at 3.0 & our little one is weighing in at 3.0 lbs :) oh boy those late night scares really do a number. while im happy that things are under control im even more worried about everything now.

OH YA! back at 19-20 weeks i had my fetal anatomy scan. my doctor said it looks like were having a boy but never showed me weiner pictures. so this time around i asked the tech to take a look and she said it looks like were having a girl! she showed me the pictures and it looked like a hamburger! those 3 lines! so i have a follow up appt w my doc tomorrow and im definitely asking her to double check lol boy or girl i just want the little one to be healthy and so far so good. now if only my uterus would cooperate.
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

arenee22

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011 at 03:44 PM »
Hi there, I am 37 weeks now.  I am able to do some more things now. I have 2 NSTs this week and also another fluid check. My c section is in 2 weeks :-)

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011 at 04:00 PM »
I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and have an ultrasound. My first since 25 weeks when they discovered shortened cervix. I think I mentioned this in last week's check in but can't remember. My bed rest got lifted for about 4 or 5 days, then I got put back on because of high blood pressure. Not to the preeclampsia stage, just hypertension. I think my blood pressure is usually about 130-140/80-90 (norm is 120/80).

I'm still having major pains in my pelvis because the baby dropped about a week and a half ago. Geez, is it painful!!! Anyone else having this? It's just awful! Anyway, hoping this baby comes like THIS week! I can't take it anymore! I got pretty down last week after being put back on bed rest, but I started feeling better over the weekend. I probably shouldn't have but I left the house to get my nails and toes done. I figured it would be the last time before the baby came and who knows when I'd get to do it again! I will keep all posted re: ultrasound tomorrow!
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

amythyst8

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011 at 04:03 PM »
Hi mamas :) I have had a crazy busy week. 2 stays in the hospital. Then our hospital rental home flooded due to a faulty washing machine hose. So we had to move in a matter of hours so they could get the fans and water clean up people in there. We are settled in another home now that the hospital owns but boy was that a nightmare! GOOD NEWS is...  Tomorrow night we are scheduled to meet our new little girl! I opted for a c-section rather than an induced vbac. Dr says he isn't going to let me go another day so... Let's do it! :) I am nervous but looking forward to holding her and being done with this chapter in our lives. All my kids and hubby will be here tonight and I can't wait to see them. I think I will be "HOME HOME" by next weekend which is cause for celebration in itsself! I haven't been there since February. :)

There IS a light at the end of this bedrest tunnel ladies- I think I felt every emotion possible during this journey, but it will all be worth it once I get to snuggle and nurse our new little one. Hang in there mamas- you can do it! One day at a time! :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011 at 04:10 PM by amythyst8 »
Mama to 7 blessings~Baby Girl Due 4/29/11~Bedrest since 26 weeks for preeclampsia~Missing my family & looking forward to being home again soon~

Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011 at 04:26 PM »
Hiya Mommas!

I'm 26 weeks 4 days and starting my 6th week of bed rest. My cervical length was 9 mm last Tuesday. I hope when I go back in tomorrow things are more stable so I can come home again. If they admit me, it's ok. I'll do whatever I can for this little princess. I see both my OB and the high risk doc this week.

Congrats to those mommas that have stayed cookin to full term! My goal right now is 28 weeks...and then 30 weeks...and then, you get it! Everyday is another blessing :)

Hope everyone has a happy week full of happy thoughts!
EDD 7/14
Bed rest since 3/1 (20 wks 5 d)
Cerclage 3/2 due to premature dilation (2+) and effacement

ReeMichele

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011 at 07:09 PM »
Hi all.

I'm still cooking - 28 weeks today!

So far I feel pretty much the same as I felt last week, but I have noticed I'm feeling a little more pressure down in the pelvic region than I was before. 

Since my next cervical check and growth scan is tomorrow, I figure I should mention that.  Also, Thursday night I had some -seriously- painful contractions.  I don't think they were braxton hicks...but I'm not sure.  Are those supposed to hurt?  I had two within an hour and then one more about four hours later...all three of which were about a 7 out of 10 on pain scale.  The 3rd actually woke me up from a deep sleep.

I've had nothing since then thank goodness, except for a few instances of tightness that only lasted a few seconds each. 

I'm comfortable, though, and refusing to be panicky or upset or worried.  Logan IS going to come home with us at this point, no matter if he's born today or on his due date.  Just have to keep telling myself that every day from today is GREAT, but not ABSOLUTELY necessary for his survival and good health.   

Just gotta stay positive, and gestate as long as I can.  Here's hoping!

Glad you other ladies are doing ok!

Allison

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011 at 07:24 PM »
Hi ladies,

32 weeks today!  I see my regular ob and high risk ob both on Thursday.  Last week my cervix was 2.8cm, no funneling, cervix still closed.  So, hopefully the same good news this week. 

I cheated quite a bit over the weekend on my bed rest.  My sister came in for a surprise visit and I sat outside most of the day yesterday and watched my son play in ou pool.  So, today I haven't gotten out of bed except for a short shower and bathroom. 

I can't wait for these next 4 weeks to pass, I'm ready to be off of bed rest!  Also, I feel huge!  I've gained 24lbs which I know isn't bad but most of it is in my belly so it's hard to move around.  I felt like this with my son too but I forgot how uncomfortable it gets. 

Good luck with all the dr appts this week, hope everyone is in good spirits.
Mom to RJ born at 36.5 days bed rest from31 weeks on
Mom to Dylan born at 35.4 weeks tvc placed at 13 weeks, bed rest from27 weeks on
Abdominal cerclage placed in December 2011
Currently trying to conceive

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011 at 10:24 PM »
It's wonderful to hear from all of you!

A big congrats to LoransMommy and Arnee22 on 37 weeks and counting!!! Way to go! So thrilled!  ;D What a long and tough road, but you both did it!

And best of luck to Amythyst8 tomorrow with your c-section! I know you've been dealing with preeclampsia since 26 weeks, and I couldn't be happier seeing you able to give your baby this extra time safely growing in your womb. Be sure your husband and the docs keep a close eye on your blood pressure and blood work even after delivery, because the risk of preeclampsia can remain up to 6 weeks postpartum. Your children need a healthy mama! Saying a prayer and sending positive vibes your way for a safe and speedy delivery and a quick recovery from preeclampsia.  :-* Post a photo when you can...

Hugs to all of you amazing moms!!!
Angela

Lanespoli

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011 at 11:05 PM »
Hello Ladies,

36 weeks tomorrow and really hoping she comes SOON....  I am so terribly uncomfortable, I feel like I am carrying around a 10 lb baby inside me.  Been having a few sharp pains down there, but mostly tightness in my stomach, meaning skin tightness and numbness.  Lots of pressure and heaviness too.  Went to L & D last week b/c I wasn't feeling her move that much, but they checked her and she is fine.  I think that was my 6th panic visit to triage, since I've been pregnant and 3 of them have been in the last month alone lol.  I have an appt Wednesday for my weekly ultrasound and I am HOPING they tell me I am dilated and they need to do my c-section.  Each day gets harder and harder and I still have 3 weeks to go before my scheduled c-section.  My legs, knees, arms, elbows, shoulders are all taking a beating right now with the 50 lbs I have gained, especially trying to climb out of bed to pee every hour at night.  I actually believe I will get more sleep once she is born as a 2 hour sound, comfortable sleep will be far better than the non-existant, uncomfortable sleep I am getting now.

I'm so tired and miserable, I just want my baby in my arms and my body to return to a somewhat normal state.  I can't say I have enjoyed being pregnant at all - not a good experience for a first timer and probably last timer :(.... 

I get weekly ultrasounds so they said it wasn't necessary for weekly NST's, does anyone know if that's true?  Glad you all are doing well, hang in there 20 something weekers, 30 will be here before you know it!

Lori
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!