Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday April 11th  (Read 15273 times)

BWilson

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday April 11th
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011 at 10:05 AM »
Good Morning,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. Things are going well. Just had a few visitors which always really tuckers me out!

We are at 31 weeks tomorrow! So excited... hoping for 5 more.  We have the weekly US/appt. on Friday. Last week our little one weighed in around 3lbs. We were very excited about this!

My shower invites went out last week, scheduled for May 7th. I am so looking forward to my shower. It will be the most fun I have had since January! So sad :) Does anyone else feel this way??

Glad to hear you are all doing well. It is amazing what us "Mommies to be" can do!

Hugs,
Bre

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011 at 02:02 PM »
The KeepEmCookin live chat is starting now: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

arenee22

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011 at 02:50 PM »
Amethyst, good luck today

Angela-Thanks for the congrats. I can't believe I am finally 37 weeks

Lori-I am super uncomfortable too. I have 2 weeks to go till my c section and I am ready

growinLevi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011 at 10:03 PM »
Checkin in late. Sorry ladies, the last weeks has been rough. I've had two kids in the ER and even though my BP is holding my swelling has started big time and the Dr is watching closely. I reached 33 weeks today and only have 6 more weeks to my induction date. I have gained 40 lbs as of todays weigh in and am a little frustrated. I have been very careful and up until being put on bedrest at 23 weeks was doing really well. dr says it may be a lot of fluid but this is my pattern. I go on bedrest with each pregnancy and then the weight comes packin on at high speed. I know I will get it off after Levi comes but it is so discouraging sometimes. I has two NST a week starting last week and theu are all going well. Levi is measuring 4lb 8 oz, YAY! I am at that point mentally where I will be so excited one minute because I am so close and the the next minute want to cry because I still have so far to go. Crazy hormones!!

Corrie
Mother of 3 blessings. #4 on the way. On bedrest at 23 weeks due to Pre-Eclampsia.

nadrobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011 at 01:21 PM »
Just found this thread- I'm starting my 2nd week of bedrest and am at 28 weeks or so. Have short cervix (1cm) and had +fFn test last week. I go in tomorrow for the GTT and my OB will probably do a manual check to make sure I'm still not dilated/soft. Then next week during week 2 of bedrest I go in for u/s to monitor baby's growth and probably get measured again and see the OB. Not sure what he'll say then about how many more weeks of bedrest....
Feeling a bit anxious about getting up and going to the appt tomorrow because then I'm transferring from my house/bedroom to my parents' house so they can take care of me and our toddler for the weekend, to give my husband a break and work around the house.
Hope all have a good week and our babies stay nestled inside!
Baby #2 EDD 7/6/11: on bedrest at 27 weeks for short cervix and +fFn
Baby #1 BD 9/1/08: natural uncomplicated term birth

Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011 at 07:03 PM »
I saw the perinatologist yesterday and my OB today. It was wonderful to finally have a week of good news. My cervix has stayed stable for a whole week! My cervical length is 8mm...which means the super-duper strict bed rest is doing it's job! I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow and feel pretty confident at this point that we'll make it to our goal of 30 weeks. It's a beautiful rainy day, my birthday, surrounded by family and friends, and full of good news! Not much more I could ask for :)
EDD 7/14
Bed rest since 3/1 (20 wks 5 d)
Cerclage 3/2 due to premature dilation (2+) and effacement

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011 at 07:55 PM »
Happy birthday, Bug! Yay for a stable cervix! 30 weeks here you come! And counting...

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011 at 08:08 PM »
Happy Birthday Bug!!!!!! Hope you had a great one  :D
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM »
Well I had my ultrasound yesterday and everything is as perfect as can be. Also, he is measuring big for how far along I am...6 lbs 7 oz. As I said, it was my first ultrasound since 25 weeks when they discovered my shortened cervix (37 weeks now). It was 2.8 then and 2.8 now!! I have been a very good bed rester! As good as all this is, I'm still only a finger tip dilated, just as I was at 35 weeks (or maybe it was 34, I can't remember). We were so worried he'd come early and now I'm worried he'll come late! I can't take much more of this. The pain I've been feeling in my pelvis when I stand up is now also there when I'm laying down too. oh well, at least we made it this far and he's still healthily cooking!

I met this woman while waiting for my ultrasound yesterday. She had her baby 2 weeks ago at just 30 weeks. She told me that all of a sudden the baby's foot came out!! Then she had to have an emergency c-section. Has anyone ever heard of this?!? The baby has been doing well, but the mom has been dealing with all kinds of infections. I think all will be fine though, but I just couldn't believe the baby's foot just came out of her!!
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

Lanespoli

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011 at 10:39 AM »
Happy Birthday Bug!

@LoransMommy - I feel your pain, I can't take much more of this either :(.

Had my appt yesterday, told them of all my aches, pains, uncomfortableness, pressure etc....and again they just shrug their shoulders ugh.  She is still Frank Breech which is even more miserable.  I have also developed sleep apnea when I lay on my left side, go figure.  Baby looked good in the ultrasound, she is measuring 5 lbs 12 oz.  Unfortunately, I am only a finger tip dilated, but she did say she felt her butt and tried to push her up to relieve some pressure, but she bounced back down?  I'm confused how she feels her butt if I'm not dilated and my water hasn't broke?  I think I need an anatomy lesson lol.  So I guess LoransMommy, if the doctor can feel my baby's butt then maybe a foot can come out? lol....  My blood pressure is now up to 130 too, it's usually around 100 to 110.  They said it's normal for it to start creeping up at this time?
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011 at 01:21 PM »
@ Loransmommy- What you're describing is referred to as a "Footling Breech", where the baby is butt down but her feet are tucked under her butt, instead of "Frank Breech", which is when they are butt down and their feet are by their head (folded in half, so-to-speak). Footling breech are much more dangerous than a Frank breech, simply because a cord can easily slide out (cord prolapse) with the foot because there isn't a good seal between the cervix and the baby. Frank breech usually don't have this problem because the butt seals the opening of the cervix just like a head would. For a foot to have "fallen out" with this woman, her water must have broken... still, the outcome would have been the same- emergency cesarean.
Here is a video clip of a footling breech delivery in Australia if you're interested.... warning- it is graphic.
http://www.homebirth.net.au/2008/04/breech-birth.html
They don't generally do breech deliveries vaginally here in the United States, although I've seen a few in special cases.

@Lanespoli - I'm so sorry you are so uncomfortable. I feel your pain.  :-\ I also have been the one to tell the mothers to "suck it up" so to speak (usually in much nicer terms), that all those discomforts are unfortunately normal. I must say it's totally different on this side of the fence. Maybe when I go back to work I'll be a little more compassionate.  ;)  What you are describing with your exam being a fingertip and her being able to feel the baby's' butt is true. A fingertip is about a centimeter, maybe a little less give or take who is examining you, and we can actually feel the baby's body part. Now, usually it's difficult to tell if it's breech with just a fingertip's worth of room. Did you have an ultrasound beforehand for her to be able to tell what position the baby is in?  ??? Anyway - you can "Ballot" or "bounce" the baby off of the cervix if it's not very well engaged against it yet (as it will be in labor) because it's floating in water anyway. When you go into labor, "Balloting" won't be something your nurse or doc will be able to do because the baby will be hard pressed against your cervix due to the labor contractions. Does that make sense? It can be normal for your blood pressure to increase slightly, but it also can be dangerous, so watch it closely. If you start to have any blurred vision, seeing spots, headaches, epigastric (or upper abdominal) pain, or sudden increase in swelling (above & beyond normal), you need to call the doctor and tell them. These are all signs your blood pressure maybe getting dangerously high due to the pregnancy.

I hope this helps. :) If I ever give you, (or anyone on this forum), unsolicited, unappreciated advice please tell me. I miss my patients and being a nurse so much. I loved helping pregnant women. I guess I can come across as a know-it-all and that's not my intent. I just want to help.

Melody

3 previous losses

saraonbedrest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011 at 02:19 PM »
Hi mommies,
I am officially a mom now :) I gave birth to a little cute baby boy last Wednesday, Apri 6th at 36 weeks and 5 days. He weighs 3.0kg and is 49cm tall. He is a very healthy and strong boy. I'm not kidding but he rolled over in his 6th day. When the nurses came to check on us at home they suggested to start having tommy time with him. As soon as we put him on his tommy he held his head up and in less than 30 seconds he rolled over. The nurses were amazed. Apparently that is what babies start doing after 3 months.

My delivery was a little dramatic. My husband had to go to a business trip to San Francisco last week and we live in Vancouver Canada. I was not alone though, my mom has been staying with us since beginning of March. In the morning of April 6th I woke up at 4:30am to go to the bathroom. 15 minutes after that while I was trying to go back to sleep in bed, my water broke. The first thing I did was to call my husband and let him know that he has to come back ASAP. Next called a friend of mine to take me to the hospital. We got there around 5:45 and were admitted right away. I had an appointment on April 11 to open the cerclage, so the first thing the doctors did was to remove the stitches at around 9:30am. I had no pain and no contractions before that, just some tightenings. Right after the cerclage was removed I started feeling the contractions. I was already 2-3cm dilated. The pains were getting so intense. I asked for laughing gas which was not that much of a help but I didn't want to get epidural that early. On the other hand I didn't want my labor to progress very fast. I wanted daddy to be there when his son is being born. He managed to get the flight at 10:30am from SF to Vancouver and was in the hospital at 2:00pm. I was checked again then and I was 6cm dilated. At that point I asked for epidural. I didn't feel any pain after that and managed to sleep for half an hour before pushing. I was 10cm dilated by 4:30pm. I pushed for almost 2 hours and our little boy Ryan was born at 6:20pm. I don't remember anything about delivering placenta and getting stitches for the tear. I was just amazed by the new bundle of joy :)

He had no serious problems after birth. He was breathing perfectly and stayed with us in our room the whole time we were staying in the hospital. His blood sugar went down a few hours after birth which came back up after I started feeding him. He got jaundice on the 3rd day and had to go under photo-therapy for 2 days which was so hard for us to sit there and watch him there with the eye mask. But at the end everything turned out very well and today is our 4th day at home.

I wish you all the best with bedrest and your deliveries :) Keep them cooking. It worths it at the end.

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011 at 02:53 PM »
oh sara! your little one is so precious & has lots of hair!!! congratuations on your bundle of joy!!!!
when they removed your cerclage did it hurt? i have a cerclage as well and am so nervous about that part!!
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011 at 05:49 PM »
Congratulations Sarah!!!! He is adorable!  :D
3 previous losses

arenee22

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011 at 06:07 PM »
Congrats Sara