Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday April 11th  (Read 16054 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Roll Call for Monday April 11th
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011 at 07:06 PM »
Congrats Sara! He is SUPER cute! Love that hair! And way to go mom! So happy for you!

And for those of you still cookin' your babies, I hope you'll join the live chat TONIGHT at 7:30 pm Pacific time. http://bit.ly/e9u26l #pregnancy #bedrest

nadrobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011 at 09:16 PM »
Yay Sara! Beautiful boy! Your story is wonderful, I"m so glad he and you are doing well.
Baby #2 EDD 7/6/11: on bedrest at 27 weeks for short cervix and +fFn
Baby #1 BD 9/1/08: natural uncomplicated term birth

saraonbedrest

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011 at 04:49 AM »
Thank you all for your kind messages :)

@kristinenicolle It didn't hurt at all. I just remember there was a little pressure on the perineal area that was uncomfortable but compared to the following contractions that was nothing ;)

Lanespoli

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2011 at 09:12 AM »
Congrats Sara!!!  Damn, I wish my water would break already!

@McKoygirl - Thank you for all the advice, and I personally can say that I love that you are a part of this forum right now and that you have all this wonderful advice and experience to give us!!!  I mean seriously, what is better than having your own bedrest, labor & nurse buddy while we all go through this????  As for me, yes, they do an ultrasound every week before the doctor checks me and lo and behold she is always in the Frank Breech position.  They don't want to turn her b/c they think she is either comfortable in that position or that he butt is just settled in my pelvis.  She's been like this since January.  They already warned me about how she will come out, and that it might take a while for her legs to go down :(.  Her pediatrician will also come right away to check her hips to make sure they aren't dislocated.
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2011 at 11:47 AM »
Lanespoli- so they won't even try to turn her?!  ???  I would opt for an external version before I'd want a guaranteed cesarean. That's just me though. Most women like the idea of avoiding labor!  ;) However they may be right. Sometimes there's a reason the baby never changes positions, like a short umbilical cord or the shape of the womb, etc. Breech babies (at least their legs) do look funny at first, but she'll normalize in no time. She'll have a pretty, round head though! No cone-headed baby for you.  :D
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

Lanespoli

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2011 at 01:36 PM »
Yea no, they won't turn her.  I was having a scheduled c-section all along :), and yes, I'm one of those that do not want any part of labor lol.  Damn, just being pregnant has been miserable enough!
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!

Allison

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2011 at 02:04 PM »
Hi all,

I am 32w 5d and yesterday I had my weekly check-up.  It was a GREAT visit!  My cerivx is actually a little longer than before, was 2.8 and now 2.9, no funneling, not dilated at all.  So my strict bed rest has been lifted to a modified bed rest but I can only slowly increase my activity.  Still no heavy lifting but I am glad for what I have!  The baby looks great and is growing like a weed!

My next appt isn't for 10 days when I will be exactly 34 weeks so I'm thrilled!!!!

This morning I went to my neighbors house and let my little guy play over there before his nap time.  My hubby went to work and I just put him down for a nap.  I'm exhausted!  Hopefully I can get some energy back before the baby comes.  I know I'm not sleeping and that's part of the tiredness but wow, I guess this little guy is preparing me for life after he is here and caring for a newborn again. 

I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to Monday's roll call and to hear all the progress of another week passed!
Mom to RJ born at 36.5 days bed rest from31 weeks on
Mom to Dylan born at 35.4 weeks tvc placed at 13 weeks, bed rest from27 weeks on
Abdominal cerclage placed in December 2011
Currently trying to conceive

elypineda

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2011 at 05:59 PM »
Hi mommies!!  Thought I'd drop by to see how everyone is doing!!!  Wow, I see there are a lot of newbies since I registered back in December!  It's really great to see!  This forum helped me SOOOO much during my days in bedrest (2 of the 4 months in the hospital) that I will forever be so grateful!!!   Our little man, Julius, is doing wonderful!!  He's already 22 days and growing at such a fast rate!!  I held his 37 wks and 3 days and he was perfect!!  I know it's so hard to see past one day many times, but ladies, pls. know that the feeling is amazing once you've gone through so much sacrafice, and your little one is in your arms at the end - priceless. 

mcoygirl - Congrats on 28 wks!!!  It was so nice to hear you made it to such an important goal - especially with twins!!!!!!  You are measuring so much girl!!  Are you sure you're 28 wks!!!

As always ladies, lots of strength and patience to all the mommies in the forum!!
Elizabeth