Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Subchorionic Hematomas and other forms of Kryptonite  (Read 2111 times)

CrystalleAndruss

• View Profile
Subchorionic Hematomas and other forms of Kryptonite
« on: April 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM »
When I was 11 weeks along I started having a considerable amount of vaginal bleeding and because it was the weekend and icy weather my husband and I went to the nearest e.r.They did and ultrasound and discovered I had a subchorionic hematoma and sent home with strict bedrest orders and a very bleak prognosis.I am happy to say that tomorrow I will be a full 16 weeks! I have a 3 year old daughter and  so it hasn't been easy but Popcorn (what we have nicknamed kiddo cause he/she pops around alot) is still growing strong! I changed from a midwife to doctor in the midst of all this and have my first appt. on Tuesday.Hopefully he will take me off bedrest and tell me kiddo is gonna be fine,maybe he will order another u/s and we can finally find out if we are having a girl or a boy...

callie

• View Profile
Re: Subchorionic Hematomas and other forms of Kryptonite
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009 at 06:13 PM »
Dear Crystalle,

I had a subchorionic hematoma at week 11 too (very scary to see blood).  I was given an ultrasound and told to come back for another 3 weeks later.  They said the hematoma would either absorb itself into my body or bleed out.  I passed more blood and tissue (sorry if this is too much information) the week I was scheduled to go for a follow-up.  At that appt they did another ultrasound and said the hematoma was gone....haven't had bleeding since and am a little over 20 weeks.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better and I'm sure you will be taken off bed rest soon....I'm sure they will confirm the hematoma is gone or absorbing during your next ultrasound.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy, pregnancy.

Warm regards,
Callie

artjewl

• View Profile
Re: Subchorionic Hematomas and other forms of Kryptonite
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009 at 01:26 PM »
First of all, Chrystalle, I have to admit, the "...and other forms of Kryptonite" drew me in. :)

I have not personally experienced SCH; however, I remember my mom dealing with one.  (I should talk to her about it.)  She had bleeding in the first trimester and spent a couple weeks on bedrest.  In the end, though, she went full term with my brother without any further complications... and that was nearly 20 years ago!   Sure, he's a goofy guy, but for the most part, he turned out ok. ;)  I'm sure it is a scary thing to go through though, but I hope that is at least a little hopeful.

Best wishes for your little Popcorn to stay snug inside for the next 21+ weeks without any further trials!