Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 30 weeks...strict bedrest  (Read 1845 times)

djanke

• View Profile
30 weeks...strict bedrest
« on: April 29, 2009 at 12:29 PM »
2nd time on BR...I have a darling 3 year old who was born at 35 weeks after 6 weeks of strict bedrest. My dr didn't know why i went into labor, but we figurred it was just a freak thing that happened. He was born with some breathing problems and was in the NICU for 3 days but he doesn't have any lasting effects. so when i got pregnant again(it's a girl :)) i was scared to death about going into preterm labor again so we decided to do Progesterone injections (supposed to prevent preterm labor) so i started those at 20 wks. Then at 24 wks i went into my regular appt and mentioned some cramping, my dr checked me and i was dialated to a 1 and put on modified bedrest, and given contraction meds. then on sunday (30 wks) i started having contractions and i couldn't get them to stop with my pills. My husband and i started counting them and i had around 19 contractions in an hour so we went to L&D. I was having regular contractions 2 minutes apart so they emitted me. I was dialated to a 2 1/2 and 60% effaced and failed my fetal fibronectin test. they tried several medications and finally after 6 hours my contractions stopped. so now i am home again and on double doses of my contraction pills and am just praying that i can last 5 more weeks! My dr. appt is tomorrow so i'm hoping nothing has changed...