Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Nerve Damage after?  (Read 2505 times)

Lanespoli

• View Profile
Nerve Damage after?
« on: April 14, 2011 at 05:19 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know if you get permanent nerve damage after pregnancy?  I have a very short torso, and at 36 weeks with the baby in a Frank Breech position, I am in a lot of pain in the center of my chest between my ribs.  It feels like my skin is detaching itself and it is constantly numb and tingling, to the point where it is becoming unbearable.  My doctor says it's the strain on my nerves b/c my torso is so short so the baby has no where to go but push out and on the nerves.  I am concerned about there being permanent damage after or it putting stress on the baby.  It really is becoming untolerable :(....

Thanks,
Lori
Baby Gia, due May 10th....bedrest since 1/25/11 at 25 weeks, due to shortened cervix (1.6).
C-section scheduled for May 3rd, yea!!!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Nerve Damage after?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011 at 11:12 PM »
I don't know anything about permanent nerve damage, but just wanted to say YOWZA! That sounds terrible.

Maybe a chiropractor or a masseuse could recommend some stretches? Or a yoga instructor? I'm baffled. If any one has any suggestions, please let Lori know!

Allison

• View Profile
Re: Nerve Damage after?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011 at 08:51 AM »
A girlfriend of mine has perm nerve damage on one side of her stomach from her first pregnancy.  She has some feeling but not all.  Her dr said there wasn't anything she can do about it but maybe yours will come back.  Hope you feel better!
Mom to RJ born at 36.5 days bed rest from31 weeks on
Mom to Dylan born at 35.4 weeks tvc placed at 13 weeks, bed rest from27 weeks on
Abdominal cerclage placed in December 2011
Currently trying to conceive