Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday April 18  (Read 10740 times)

mckoygirl

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday April 18
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011 at 09:48 AM »
growinLevi - I LOVE the picture! How adorable!!!!  :D
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

oliviathompson530

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011 at 10:17 AM »
Hello all,

I am finally all settled in and resting after our relocation to Maryland. I am officially 26 weeks and the little one is still cooking. I decided to treat myself yesterday to a pedicure. I found a mobile nail tech that came to the house and blessed my toes. I am still waiting on my insurance info to kick in so that I can get to a doctor. That's it in a nutshell.

clem726

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011 at 11:47 AM »
amethyst- congrats she is precious...

I will be 30 weeks tomorrow and today marked my two weeks on bedrest..i was back at the hospital on friday night due to contractions coming every 4 mins and some more bleeding. they checked me and said i am still 75% and 1cm dilated so luckily no change. My cervix is still measuring at 1.7... luckily i was sent back home and didnt have to continue bedrest at the hospital, its hard having to be away from my two other children. my next appt isnt until the 26th where i have my normal appt as well as an ultrasound.
hope everyone else is doing well!

<3,
clem
Married to Laz, Mommy to Hailie (6/25/03) and Alexander (7/23/09)... baby anthony due 6/29/11...on bed rest since 4/4

kghughes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011 at 12:49 PM »
Congratulations amethyst!!!  How adorable!!! :-)

Had my first appointment of the week today (33+2).  BP was surprisingly good, but with a trace of protein in my urine means another 24 hour urine.  NST went well reactive wise, but the Ewok didn't want to settle down!! It likes to kick the sensors :-)

They want to do 2x week NST's and 1x week biophysical profiles.... I'm kind of on edge about this. I'm a pretty all natural person, and having to bend to all of these medical interventions is incredibly difficult.  Especially all the ultrasounds.  I know its all for the good of the baby, but when I don't have any PTL signs, it makes me feel like weekly ultrasounds and TWO NST's a week are a bit much.  The Ewok is active and my BP has stayed steady, and my protein is trace or none.  I have another high risk OB appt as well as an appt with an electrophysiologist (cardiologist who specializes in pregnant women) next week, and I'm afraid they are just going to order MORE tests and find MORE problems.  I guess too many weeks of bedrest have sent my brain into overdrive!!

I really hope to make it to May 1st - my family is coming that weekend for my baby shower (which would also be nice to attend), I'll be almost 36 weeks, and feel so much better about the possibility of the Ewok coming then.

To end with some good news: I don't have gestational diabetes! I kinda figured, especially since I'm on a modified brewer's diet to keep my BP down and the pre-e away, but it means I don't have to miss out on my once a week slice of carrot cake :-)  Its best to keep preggie mom's happy as much as possible to avoid carnage!

Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011 at 02:41 PM »
Good news!! I just got home from the perinatologist and my cervical length went from 8mm last week to 1.5cm today! I'll be 28 weeks on Thursday and feeling a lot better about carrying this baby a lot closer to full term! I know things can change drastically in either direction each week, but for now I am so psyched and I'm going to continue to be a good girl...it's so worth it :)
EDD 7/14
Bed rest since 3/1 (20 wks 5 d)
Cerclage 3/2 due to premature dilation (2+) and effacement

LoransMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011 at 03:33 PM »
Well, I'm at 38 weeks now and still cookin! Ready for this to be over. I want my little man! I have an appointment tomorrow and I really hope there are some changes. I've been having Braxton hicks for months but last night I had my first big long contraction so I got very excited!

Will check in tomorrow after dr update.
Put on bed rest at 25 weeks on January 19th with cervix measuring 2.8.
Expecting our first - baby boy Loran Lee Morgan III on May 5th.
Getting induced at 39 weeks + 1 day on Wednesday, April 27th because of preeclampsia.

BWilson

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011 at 03:11 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am still cookin! I had internet issues earlier in the week so I couldn't make "roll call".  Can't believe, we are at 32 Weeks! when I started at 20 weeks I couldn't even imagine it, now here we are.... keep up all the hard work ladies. We can do it!

I have a weekly appt. tomorrow and will also have my cerclage removal scheduled. I am a little nervous about that, but hope we can get to the 36 week mark!

Hugs,
B

keewee0630

• View Profile
    • our pregnancy blog
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011 at 03:17 PM »
Great work B!

My cerclage is scheduled to be removed on May 9th @10am at 36 weeks 2 days. 
Aniya Mckenzie - due June 4, bed rest since 14wks (12/7/10), due to IC: cerclage

lauraindenver

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011 at 09:09 PM »
Hi all -  Sounds like lots of positive news and energy coming from this group!! Need it today as it was a struggle to stay "bed rested" - some days are SO much harder than others....

32 weeks 4 days today and moving into our new house in less than two weeks so I get my own couch back instead of this saggy rental. YAY!

Fluids still low-ish (maybe 6-7 on Tuesday) so frustrating roller coaster continues....

We've made it through another day!

arenee22

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011 at 11:07 PM »
Well, I couldnt post on Monday because I was in the hospital

Our son was born on Saturday 4/16
Joshua William
6lb 15 oz
20 inches long

I was admitted after my dr appt on Friday. My fluid level dropped to 3.3. Joshua is healthy and had no problems at all after birth. We just got home 2 days ago so I am wiped out.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support.

growinLevi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011 at 02:58 AM »
Congratulations Arnee!! I am so glad everyone is doing well and home from the hospital. So how long did you make it with your bedrest? Take it easy getting back into the swing of life. I can't imagine how exhausting it must be to go from bedrestto mom w/newborn. I guess I'll find out in about 4.5 weeks!

Corrie
Mother of 3 blessings. #4 on the way. On bedrest at 23 weeks due to Pre-Eclampsia.