Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Appointment today  (Read 2772 times)

mckoygirl

• View Profile
Appointment today
« on: May 06, 2011 at 04:55 PM »
I went for my (now weekly) fetal biophysical profiles, NST and measurements today (didn't see the doctor today). They scored well, are measuring around 33-35+ weeks instead of the 31 weeks I am. Weights were 4lbs & 4lbs 7 oz! Holy cow!!!!  :o At this rate I'm going to birth two 7lb-ers if I go to term! My cervix was 3cm today!!! YEA!  :D It was down to 1cm last Friday. I'm very encouraged by that! I was having contractions on the monitor, but they weren't painful so I'm waiting for a change in that direction before I worry too much about them. I feel very encouraged after today. Next week I have to start having NSTs and FBP weekly, along with a physician appointment. That's going to be interesting. It will have me driving between two hospitals and spending about 3-4hrs between the two, all in one day.  I am BEAT after today! It took them 2.5hrs to do the ultrasounds, measurements and monitoring & I didn't even see the doc!  :-\
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

kghughes

• View Profile
Re: Appointment today
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011 at 05:42 PM »
Congrats on a great appointment mckoygirl!  3cm is awesome! 

I know what you mean about being exhausted - I have 2 nst's a week, an ultrasound, and 2 ob/midwives a week - usually in 2 appointments... and on those days, I sleep so hard.  They keep us busy for ladies on bedrest!

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011 at 10:20 PM »
you're doing awesome!!!  I started getting NST's a couple weeks ago...I think my doc is patronizing me, but I'll take it!!
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!

lauraindenver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011 at 11:34 AM »
So happy to hear! Great news for someone who has shared so much valuable insight with this group. :)

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011 at 08:10 PM »
Thanks Laura-  :) You know, it's therapeutic for me to feel like I'm helping as many pregnant mommas as I can.... so in truth, you all are helping me! It gives me some sense of purpose. I miss my pregnant patients!
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

jumama

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011 at 02:43 AM »
Hey happy to hear  your appt went well that is great and that is some great weight for the babies I keep thinking the same thing if i make it full term these boys are going to be big last check 3.3 each that was at 28 weeks so wonderin what they will be weighing if I make it to 31 weeks.