Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Muscle Pain and Weakness?  (Read 1899 times)

Mommy_haley

• View Profile
Muscle Pain and Weakness?
« on: May 12, 2011 at 11:23 AM »
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this...  I've been on bed rest for 2.5 weeks and yesterday experienced horrible muscle pain and weakness.  It literally felt "flu-like" as far as the aching went.  I feel better today, but wow... I was miserable yesterday.  Thanks!

Haley
On bed rest at 23 wks (4/26) w/a BOY! Dilated to 1 cm
Mommy to a 4 yr old daughter and 3 yr old son
Previous preterm labor with DD at 31 wks

mckoygirl

• View Profile
Re: Muscle Pain and Weakness?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011 at 04:37 PM »
Mommy_haley - Being that your symptoms were "flu-like" and only lasted one day may have been you fighting off something & possibly a low-grade fever. Most "normal" aches and pains during pregnancy (and there will be many) are more descriptive and predictable.... Such as Ligament pains (usually one sided, sharp, short, shooting, lower abdominal pain which worsens with twisting, gravity and movement), pelvic pain sometimes accompanied by sharp vaginal pains (this worsens with gravity and the more you're up), inner thigh pains worsening with movement (sometimes related to pelvic pain/pressure), low back "muscular" aching, sciatica (sharp, shooting, nerve-pains down your butt/leg worsening with movement/walking), hands aching/swelling, and some joint pain.
You're thinking "Wonderful! :-\ I haven't had any of THOSE yet, but thanks for scaring me!" >:(   ..... Just letting you know the "usual" complaints frequently reported which we have to tell most women (me right now included), to put their big girl panties on & deal with it!  :(    I didn't have much of anything but a little sciatica and swelling with my daughter (first term pregnancy), but this time around, I'm having everything I just described, on a pretty consistent basis. I know these are all normal aches & pains so I'm dealing with them as best I can.
Hope you don't have ANY of these I just described!  ;)
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!