Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 9  (Read 8879 times)

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 9
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011 at 09:24 PM »
Hi ladies...

I'm 30.5 weeks preggers today - well more like 30.75 or so.. This marks my 9th week of bedrest. 36 weeks is coming up nicely and my cervix seems to have rested comfortably right at my stitch. I've never shortened beyond that. I'm dealing with the gestational diabetes stuff - but it seems with the diet - I'm able to monitor my sugars. We'll see - I'm only 5 days into testing. My next milestone is 32 weeks and I am pretty sure we're going to get there easily. I can't wait to get off of bed rest. Since I have GD - I won't be extending my bedrest to try and make it to 40 weeks... this cooked and steroid pumped baby can come as soon as 37 weeks as far as I'm concerned.
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011 at 12:43 AM »
Last Tuesday I went in for my weekly perinatology appt and ended up being admitted into the hospital. It's 10 weeks on strict bed rest, 1 of those in the hospital, and only 9 weeks till my due date! It feels great knowing that I have more weeks behind me than in front of me :) I also found out last week that I am border-line with Gestational Diabetes. My glucose level came back at 134..135 is concidered GD. So, I'm watching my simple sugars, but my OB isn't too worried about it. I see perinatology tomorrow. Hope things look well and they decide to send me home. If not, it's ok. The week I've been here has gone by pretty fast. I miss my boys and my sweet hubby...but it's for a good cause and it won't last for forever. I have daily NST and I love hearing her little heartbeat! I look forward to the growth check tomorrow and seeing her on ultrasound.
EDD 7/14
Bed rest since 3/1 (20 wks 5 d)
Cerclage 3/2 due to premature dilation (2+) and effacement

Line_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011 at 04:02 AM »
Congratulations to all of you for holding on and to Allison!

Well I have reached the 30 weeks (whuhu) after 7 weeks of bedrest and is now shooting for 32 and then 34 weeks, even though it still seems far away. This week will be quite uneventfull as I'm not going in for the usual cervix scan - the doctor deemed it unnecessary after the scan last week that showed that my cervix was holding quite stabil at around 2 cm so I'm hoping every thing is all right.

Have a good week ladies

Best Regards/Line 
Due date: 16/7/2011
3th pregnancy
2 previous early losses
Placed on bedrest this pregnancy @22+6 weeks for Cervical shortening

kghughes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011 at 09:06 AM »
Congratulations Allison! 

We're still cooking - 36+2 today!  Last round of Pre-E blood work came back with even LOWER levels of protein, so they are encouraged that I'll actually make it to 39 weeks!  Twice weekly NST's are fine (the Ewok HATES them, though! Its always kicking the sensors and rolling away).  AFI's and growth scans continue to look good. 

We're kind of in a fight with our midwives though - I've been risked out of our local hospital due to PVC's that I developed around 20 weeks.  So we have to go to a different hospital 2 hours away.  The midwives are now saying that if we go into labor naturally (uhh.. kind of what we're hoping for here!), and I go to them to get checked, that they'll call an ambulance to transport me to the other hospital.  2 hours, over 100 miles by ambulance??? We couldn't get our insurance to pay for a 2 MILE trip when I was rear-ended 2 years ago!  So we may have to just go on our own, and risk having them tell us we're not in labor.  Honestly, we both would rather take the time off and pay for gas than that ambulance trip!! Phew!  Luckily, the midwifes I saw yesterday was  little more understanding, and it will be discussed at their big OB/midwife meeting today. 

At our appointment yesterday, we also decided that I was going to go back on Zoloft. I had been on it prior to pregnancy, and stopped at about 6 weeks due to HG.  But lately its been getting alot harder to deal with the sadness and anxiety of bedrest - so we talked alot about it, and we decided that the benefits outweigh the risks.  So hopefully that will help some of it. 

Well, that sounded like a downer of  a post - but we're so happy we made it this far, and that the Ewok is doing so well!!  I've done some nesting this week - although its hard to assemble stuff laying on your left :-)  I also did some baby laundry - cute outfits are hanging up in the baby closet now!  Including this: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Command-Uniform-Snapsuit/dp/B002YAQPU8  Which the hubby is very excited about.  We were very grateful our friends didn't get the red one....

maxxiniko

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011 at 10:56 AM »
I missed the roll call because I was waiting for a new computer charger to get delivered so happy belated mother's day and congrats Allison!
I'm 26w5d today and was thankfully discharged from the hospital last week.  I continued to have contractions in the hospital but they felt that they were Braxton Hicks and they went away with iv fluid and emptying my bladder.  My cervical length went from 1.2 to 1.6 so they were happy with that too.  My next appt with the high risk docs is in 2 weeks.  Bed rest is hard that's for sure and I do wish I was further along but this too shall end and be a distant memory!

Trackmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011 at 11:38 AM »
Hi Ladies,
I'm super late in posting, now that it's Tuesday morning! However, I've wanted to post last week too and forgot. So, here's my Monday post. :)

Last week was probably the most difficult, but I am 27 weeks 5 days today!!! :D Been on bed rest at the hospital for almost four weeks on Wednesday. So very thankful to have finally almost gotten to 28 weeks!! The time has flown by!!

This week was especially hard gearing up for Mother's Day. I've never had such mixed emotions of grieving the loss of our baby Kylee and also being overjoyed for the new baby on the way! I had a few good cries in the morning, but the rest of the day on Mother's Day was great!!

My blood pressure has been high and they have been monitoring that. two days ago they found protein in my urine and will be monitoring for that. Then, this morning they did my weight and I gained 2.5 pounds in a week!!! Not sure how that's possible on bedrest as I'm not doing anything! I read somewhere that this could also be a sign of pre-eclampsia. My doctor will come in on Wednesday and will get a game plan in place, I'm sure. We also were scheduled for a birthing class tonight, but I doubt we'll be able to go.

Looking forward to the 28 week milestone, my upcoming birthday on the 25th and the baby shower in the beginning of June. So excited to meet our little one and praying she stays put for awhile.

I've been thinking about all of you ladies and how neat this forum really is!! Keep up the good work, Momma's!!
Due Date: 8/4/11
Cerclage placed at 18 weeks.
Bedrest at home weeks 18-20 and 22-24.
Bedrest at the hospital at 24 weeks.
One live birth at 22 weeks. Our precious Angel baby, Kylee Amanda.
One miscarriage at 7 weeks.
We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Phillipians 4:13

momofbabyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011 at 03:51 PM »
First time checking in & it's late :)

Congrats to Allison!

I'm 27.5 weeks & SO excited about reaching 28 weeks on Friday! I've been on bedrest for 6 weeks w/ a short cervix. I had a cerclage put in at 22 weeks. My cervical length has changed every week I've been on bedrest, some weeks getting shorter and some longer so it has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster, but I haven't dilated any and the stitch seems to be holding well. I haven't had any contractions or any other signs of impending labor, so I'm just trying to stay calm and keep busy while staying on the couch :)

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow & I'm a little anxious about what my cervix will look like - I had the stomach flu last week and I can't imagine that's good on a weak cervix!
due 8/1 - a girl
Mom to Blue, born 10/7/09 @ 37 weeks
Bedrest @ 22 weeks due to short cervix

keewee0630

• View Profile
    • our pregnancy blog
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011 at 03:49 PM »
Sorry I'm so late!  First off...Congratulations Allison!

I'm still here.  36 weeks 4 days.  I had my cerclage removed on Monday the 9th.  Although everyone has different experiences, mine was kind of painful, but I made it through.  Now I just wait to see when my little one will decide to make her appearance into the world.  Had my first weekly appointment yesterday, they did the Step B swab and told me that she could come at any point now.  She said some people have gone the next day, and they have had to induce some at 41 weeks, so now we just wait and see...

Bre...glad your shower went well.  I was sitting the whole time at my shower as well.  It was still fun to see everyone though.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 at 11:05 AM by keewee0630 »
Aniya Mckenzie - due June 4, bed rest since 14wks (12/7/10), due to IC: cerclage

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM »
had my appt yesterday morning...they strapped me in for the NST and I promptly almost passed out...felt HORRIBLE...I was able to sit up and a 7 up cured me, but YUCK...anyway, all is well and the cervix is stable..I'm now officially pregnant longer than last yesr...small victories, right?
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!