Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 16, 2011  (Read 10281 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for May 16, 2011
« on: May 16, 2011 at 08:23 AM »
Happy Monday! Hope everyone is thinking positively about the week ahead. I know we should be hearing some success stories today, with a few of our moms heading into 37 weeks and beyond!

Everyone, let us know how far along you are; and if you have something you're looking forward to this week please share it with us. We have a few new members who haven't received many replies, so take a moment to reach out to those ladies. You all have so much to share!

And don't forget about our live chat tomorrow at 2 pm EST in The Chat Room. See you there!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Tuesdays at 2: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx Live chat at 2 pm Eastern
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Idea of the Day: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

clem726

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 16, 2011
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011 at 08:49 AM »
Hi Everyone!
33w5d today! cant believe how fast these past few weeks have been flying.. lil anthony has been a very active lil guy these past few days so not much sleep for me the past couple days.. between peeing and indigestion and now nose bleeds im up all night.. oh well ill be prepared for the sleepless nights when he finally arrives.. no appointments this week so i will be having a lowkey week. which is good since its raining all week :(
good luck to everyone else and congrats to anyone that had their baby!
 Clem :)
Married to Laz, Mommy to Hailie (6/25/03) and Alexander (7/23/09)... baby anthony due 6/29/11...on bed rest since 4/4

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011 at 10:38 AM »
Hello everyone I'm still baking at 32 weeks, 4 days with my twins. They are weighing close to 9.5lbs between the two of them! I posted my last doctor's visit which was all positive. I have permission this week (if the sun makes an appearance), to take my 5yr old to the pool and "float" around. I'm pretty psyched about that.  ;D  We took my daughter out of school last week since she only had two weeks left and the drive was about killing my husband so it's been interesting trying to keep her entertained.

I know the last month or two is the worst in pregnancy, based on experience and medical knowledge, but boy am I glad I'm not working right now! The past week has been miserable and I know it's only going to get worse!  :-\ I want them to stay in there as long as possible, but between the back/neck pain, pelvic pressure, swelling, carpal tunnel, arthritis, sleepless nights, muscle soreness and overall HUGENESS, I am ready to meet the little guys/gals!  :P
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011 at 11:19 AM »
Ohhhh, you guys are so far along!  I hit 24 weeks on Wednesday...I'm officially 4 days more pregnant than I was last year...So far so good.  Wasn't feeling so good last night, but seem fine this morning.  I have an appt with the high risk doc on Thursday...I'm scared to death to see what my measurements are now...but I'm taking things day by day...

Who's bright idea was it to start potty training my son this last weekend?  Ugh!
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!

kghughes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011 at 12:20 PM »
Hi Ladies - 37w1day today.  Had an BPP today, Ewok earned itself an 8 out of 8, and then had a reactive NST (even if it took an hour because it kept dancing away!!).  Protein has gone up, however.  Up to +1 on my dip and 311 in my 24 hour catch - its hard to tell now if I'm feeling more affects of the high blood pressure, or if I'm just freaking exhausted from being 37 weeks preggers!  Whenever I turn over, I make the oddest noises...

We officially have an induction date - May 29th.  If we make it that far, we'll be 39 weeks.  The hospital normally pushes moms with Pre-E to deliver at 38 weeks, but my midwives convinced them to let me try to make it to 39 weeks, which is awesome.  Knowing there is an end in sight it huge, bedrest has been really emotional for me lately, lots of crying and sadness.  But the countdown is on, and we're really hoping to make it through!!  Plus, the hubby is graduating with his masters' degree on Saturday, and I'm desperate for him to be able to attend.  He's been working on his degree for 4 years (part time through the university he works for),   and he deserves his recognition!!!  So fingers crossed our next appointment on Thursday goes well!  St

Congrats Mom2z on being further along this time!  That's awesome!
Happy vibes to everyone
Kristen

maxxiniko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011 at 01:47 PM »
I'm still here.  I've made it to 27w4d today which is something but some days it feels like nothing.  I ended up going to the hospital again on Wednesday night because I felt as if I was contracting too many times in one hour.  That hour was 10 PM though so it was a long night.  I was contracting but my cervix was stable (they were getting 1.3-1.6 and the measurement the week before was 1.6) and my fFN was negative so they let me go.  It was a little nice to get out though!  I have nothing exciting coming up soon.  My next appt is late next week. Congrats to everyone with good news to report today!

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011 at 01:53 PM »
clem726- I know what you mean about sleepless nights!  :-\ I'm measuring 42 weeks preggo w/my twins and have never felt so big & uncomfortable! It's amazing how afterward you'll be able to be up all night with your precious one and still be ok. As women, our bodies really are amazing. I'd never thought about it before, but it makes sense that the last month (or two) of pregnancy (and lack of sleep) is preparation for what's to come. It's so much more worth it to have a sleepless night because of the little one(s) rather than just being uncomfortable!  :D

Mom2Z- You'll be here soon too! I was 17 weeks on bedrest not too long ago and even though some days drag by, overall I can't believe I've been on bedrest for 4 months!  ;) Praying all goes well on Thursday!

khughes- So psyched for you! Can you believe how far you've come?!?! Congrats to your hubby as well! I fully intend on finishing my master's after the twins are born, which will total about 3.5yrs (that I've been trying to get it!) as well. Kudos to him!  :D My husband has threatened to record me making noises at night when I roll around...  ;) You're so close, then end is in sight! Hang in there and PLEASE let us know how you're doing and post pics of your little Ewok!
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

Couchdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011 at 02:11 PM »
I'm still here.  We just hit 26 weeks yesterday!  One more week down!  I can't believe how the time has flown.  I honestly thought it would be much worse than it actually has been.  I've got a long way to go so there's always time for that attitude to change.  :)  We had a nanny start today so my hubby could go back to work full time.  She's wonderful!  It's a little weird being home while someone else is in your home taking care of your kids.  (I have 2 daughters - Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 1 1/2 yrs).  What else do you do though? 

I've reached the point where books and TV are a little boring.  I decided to get my husband to dig out my scrapbooking supplies so I can get something done while laying here.  I'm that stay-at-home mom who doesn't usually stay home, so bedrest has been a bit of a challenge for me.  I think scrapbooking might give me that feeling of accomplishment I'm missing.  And hopefully I might catch up a little bit before baby boy is born. 

I have an appointment tomorrow.  I have an ultrasound, see the OB, and take the beloved Glucose test.  Should be a fun time.  Thinking I"m going to have my hubby drive through a coffee shop on the way home as a little treat.  :)  Every little thing is a guilty pleasure these days. 

Good luck to all the mamas out there - we are all in this together.  I love this site!  It's nice to read about everyone's experiences.  Thanks for keeping me going. 

Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

BELLABOO12

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011 at 02:28 PM »
Hi everyone, Glad to hear everyone is still cookin :)
I had a....lets call it....interesting apt. last week.  On Thursday I went to the doctor and my cervix went from 1.7 to .9 ( NOT so good) and then I had a positive FFN test....so.... they seem to think this little guy is going to make his grand entrance in about 2 weeks.... I am 33 weeks today so I am hoping he at least stays in through the end of my 34th week.  He was 4 pounds on Thursday and the doctors just seem happy I have made it this far so fingers crossed we can go at least a few more weeks.  I had my shower of the weekend which was nice but now I am paying for it VERY tired not used to entertaining....

Is anyone dealing with GD and bedrest? I have had a few high readings but mostly stable....but wanted to see if anyone else out there was dealing with that on top of everything else...

Sarah
short cervical length
History of pre-term labor
Baby boy due July 4

Fields of gold

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011 at 02:51 PM »
Hi all, still cooking at 31 +1, which is pretty good. I had an appointment last Tuesday and the baby got an 8 out of 8 in the ultrasound. My next appointment is tomorrow, where they will do the baby's weight, which we are praying she gained since she was really low weight last time. She's a crazy little mover so I hope we can actually get a picture of her face this time. My BP was good at the dr's this morning (transplant), so I hope it stays that way for tomorrow. The other concern is my cervix (duh), but I am hoping it didn't shrink anymore because they threatened full bed rest. The little one seems to be trying to find more space so I hope that means she gained something. My fingers are crossed for a good appointment tomorrow, where I go and come home with no changes.

jumama

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011 at 03:16 PM »
Hi everyone I am still cookin I am 30 weeks and 3 days, things have been going pretty good besides the back pain from all this laying and getting bigger each day with these two Probably doesn't help that my spine isn't straight so haven't been sleeping to well not including the constant peeing lol but it will all be worth it when I'm holding my little ones is my arms. At my last check my cervixs was at 1.4 so it seems like it measures between 1.2 and 1.4 so hoping at this weeks appt there has been no change. Hope all are doing well.

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011 at 03:22 PM »
Bella - I'm on week 3 of bedrest and am GD as well (have been with every pregnancy)...honestly my reading are good except when I splurge...I was dying for McD's the other day and well...let's just say I'll be getting crap from the doc on that one, but usually I'm ok as long as I keep my meals under control.  Good luck!
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!

BELLABOO12

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011 at 04:05 PM »
Mom2Z- Thanks so much- I am usually good too but I had a piece of cake at my shower yesterday ( I will be in trouble too) and my numbers were a little high today....I just always worry that my splurge will in some way hurt the baby but I almost NEVER cheat and well lets just say the cake had it in for me yesterday :)
short cervical length
History of pre-term labor
Baby boy due July 4

Silvereyez

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011 at 05:36 PM »
35w1d here and i feel like i could go at any time. Last night at around 6pm i had my usual contractions that i had been having all day but these had some pain tied to them. Started in my abdomen, wrapped around my back and into  my left leg. The pain wasnt intense but more pain then ive had this whole pregnancy since the contractions started at 18 weeks.  I managed to fall asleep around midnight, exhausted from the contractions and they woke me back up at 4am with less pain but still about 3 mins apart. I just feel like it is going to be soon. Maybe not today or tomorrow but I dont feel like i will make it to 40 weeks. So as of now, still cooking, but i dont know for how much longer. Even now i'm sitting here having them every 3 mins apart but with very mild pain. Going to try to take a walk later when DH gets home and see what happens, it would probably be best if i just sat on my butt at home but I cant seem to sit still!

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011 at 06:06 PM »
33 w 1 d here. Doing good. Pretty uneventful appointment last week but my little girl is doing great :)

I do however have symphysis pubic dysfunction (SPD). Does anyone else have it too? It is so painful that I literally can not get out of bed without being in pain. Even repositioning myself in bed is painful especially if I use one leg at a time. So I'm training myself to roll over with my legs bent and knees together. That seems to alleviate some pain.

I'll gladly deal with it for another 4 weeks just to know my little princess will be full term & healthy.

Anyways hope all you ladies are doing great!
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann