Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 16, 2011  (Read 10665 times)

momofbabyblue

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 16, 2011
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011 at 06:44 PM »
I'm still here. I'm either 29 weeks today or 28 weeks 3 days, depending on the doctor your talking to. I had an ultrasound today w/ my high risk doctor and my cervix had funneled down to the cerclage & the baby is head down. So they sent me right to the hospital. They put me on indocin and want to monitor me for contractions for at least few days and then check my cervix again later in the week. I'm not super excited about being back in the hospital, but better safe than sorry...especially when it concerns my unborn baby. Good news is that I've been on the contraction monitor all afternoon/evening and haven't had any contractions!!! Bad news is that Blue (19 months) is going to be shuffled around even more for at least a few days. It's really hard to be away from him!!

Hoping & praying I get to go home at the end of the week!!

Michelle
due 8/1 - a girl
Mom to Blue, born 10/7/09 @ 37 weeks
Bedrest @ 22 weeks due to short cervix

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011 at 07:35 PM »
kristinenicolle- Yes, I have SPD too. It is excruciating, isn't it?! Awhile back I posted a link with information about it:
http://pelvicgirdlepain.com/pregnancy-pelvis.htm

The last visit I spoke with my physician about it and told him it felt as if my pelvis was going to break... his reply: "Well, it might"!!!  :o  Basically it should heal afterward and there is NOTHING we can do about it!!! Some pregnant women end up having to use crutches or wheelchairs! Mine has improved slightly, but I have to be very careful how I get out of bed, and how I use my thighs/legs. Sometimes I can't even put my thighs together at night when I go to lay on my side because of the pain. Such a weird, weird pain too. It literally feels like the pelvis is bowing out with certain movements, or like it will break. It's more common in cephalic-pelvic disproportion (or big baby head to small pelvis), or in my case- multiple pregnancies... :-\
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011 at 09:08 PM »
31 weeks and 4 days here ladies! It's so weird to think I'll be 8 months pregnant in just a few days. I really didn't think I'd make it this far. I've been doing really good. No bad symptoms or anything. All I can say is that the baby kicks are not subtle - and some days they hurt like hell! I am going on 74 days of bedrest! I also didn't think I'd get this far and still have my sanity! DH and I are working on the nursery and now I'm finally talking to my doctors about the delivery and cerclage removal. I'm 30 days away from my cerclage coming out!
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

ReeMichele

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011 at 11:20 PM »
Well, I'm still here.

I made it to 33 weeks today, but I didn't get such great news at my NST/AFI appointment today. 

The NST itself went well. Only one contraction showed up.  The AFI showed my fluid still hasn't changed over the last three weeks.  They also measured his approximate weight during the AFI & said he is about 4 pounds 16 ounces.  Because of these two things, I graduated to no more NSTs or AFIs!  Annnd that's where the good news ended.

I told the doc about the extreme pressure and weird pains I've been feeling this weekend with the contractions, so he decided to check me.

Turns out I'm now dilated to 3cm and I'm 80% effaced and baby is at -1 station.  Ugh. 

I asked if he has some idea when real labor is going to begin and of course he has no idea.  I'm nervous as heck.  On top of that, tonight I'm having contractions anywhere from 9 to 15 minutes apart.

So...here's hoping I'm here next week.  To the rest of you, keep gestating!

kadiera

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM »
Still on hosptial bed rest - we've been here 3 weeks now, and in about a half hour, I'll officially be 27 weeks.

Our big goal for this pregnancy was to make it farther than my first - he was delivered at 27 weeks 1 day, so we don't have far to go to make that happen. At 24 weeks, I wasn't convinced we'd make it to 26 weeks, so this is better than expected. It's been about a week and a halff since my BP meds were last increased, but we've started seeing a few borderline readings here and there, so I'm guessing it won't be long before we have to bump up  the last dose of the 2nd medication I'm currently on. I'm not sure we have anyplace to go after that, even if I don't have HELLP syndrome at that point.  Baby got 8/8 on each of the last 4 BPP checks, and while we're having some occasional issues with fetal monitoring, it seems like the monitoring is actually improving, it's just that the residents aren't thinking through what's really appropriate to expect at this gestational age - not old enough to do an NST, so why they're expecting "good NST" results from a short stint on the monitor is beyond me (and most of the nurses too)

Friday is our 11th wedding anniversary.  My husband is bringing real food for dinner :)

Line_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011 at 05:36 AM »
Still here allthough checking in a day too late. I'm 31+3 today so nearing our next goal of 32 weeks. I'm going to have a cervix scan on Thursday and I'm really nervous since it's been 14 days and I have been accostumed to being scanned everyweek and since I have had a feeling of increased pressure for the last couple of days- so I hope all is good.

Best Regards/Line
Due date: 16/7/2011
3th pregnancy
2 previous early losses
Placed on bedrest this pregnancy @22+6 weeks for Cervical shortening

mommadown

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011 at 08:38 AM »
Sorry I am late...
34 weeks today
Got discharged from hospital yesterday after being there since last Thursday.  Last thursday appt. Showed cervical length dropped from 2.4 to 1.7 and I was dilated 3-4 cm.  No significant contractions while in Hospital.  I got the steroids so we feel better if he comes early.  Strict bedrest at home and appt. on Thursday.  Hope everyone has a great week!
Mother to 12 mth old boy(IVF/ICSI)
EDD June 28, 2011 to baby boy #2 (IVF/ICSI)
Cervical funneling and shortened cervix(3.8, 2.8, 2.4)
Bedrest and Progesterone suppositories

nkbapbt

• View Profile
    • Life by a Stitch
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011 at 06:11 PM »
I'm here (sorry I haven't been online in ages!) we are 31.4 weeks!!!! Which is utterly amazing...I had our son at 23.3 weeks (he is 2 and half now). I am funneled the to stitch but my cervix has been 2cm for 4 weeks now! I just had an OB appointment today and they booked the stitch removal (in hospital...thankfully!) for June 27th. The OB seems to think baby girl will come then, but we shall see! I have contractions on and off all the time, so far I have not needed inventions to stop them! Which has been at my request..and we have done great!

I think that is about it! =))

nadrobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011 at 01:53 AM »
I'm still here, will be at 33 weeks tomorrow (Wed)! I had my weekly appt today and I am a bit more dilated now to 3 cm (was 2.5 for a long time) and am 50% effaced (2 cm long cervix) but my doc does not seem concerned. I'm not having regular real contractions as far as I can tell. I have cramping sometimes, lots of BH since I have irritable uterus....but nothing too serious. Also I had an u/s today and the baby is measuring great for growth and is already at 5 lbs, in 70% for gestation size!
My doc said he would be flexible as to when I felt ready to get back to normal life and go back to work, wasn't too specific but seemed to think even now I could start thinking about it....last week he had said at least 2 more weeks of bedrest to get me to 34 weeks. So that's what I'll do, nothing till 34 weeks next week, then I'll start getting up and around and then will go back to work the next week at 35 weeks (light duty only) we agreed on. Interesting how some doctors are more conservative and some more liberal about the restrictions. I'm so curious now to see how long I can go after going off bedrest hopefully to 40 weeks! Glad to hear all are well and still cookin!
Baby #2 EDD 7/6/11: on bedrest at 27 weeks for short cervix and +fFn
Baby #1 BD 9/1/08: natural uncomplicated term birth

Mommy_haley

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011 at 01:10 PM »
I had an appointment yesterday w the OB.  We are currently 26 weeks and 6 days!  The good news is that she checked me and I am still only 1 cm dilated, long, thick, and "far back.".   Yay!  Thats the best news we could have gotten.  If I don't get a call today, I'm supposed to assume my glucose test was good.  No call yet! My urine was clean and good, so that was a positive. 

Also, I'm supposed to stay on bed rest for at least the next two weeks, then she MIGHT lift a few restrictions.  I asked her what that meant, and she said she might let me do one small outing per day!!!  The only bad part is I've been getting more contractions lately/baby balling up.  And when I do more, I get more contractions.  The OB agreed with me that the contractions will prob eventually become a problem, w the possibility of having to go on Procardia.  More than 4 in an hour is too many, she said.  So I'm hoping to keep them at bay as best as possible.  Time will tell...

Glad for everyones progress!  Let's keep those babies cookin', girls!
On bed rest at 23 wks (4/26) w/a BOY! Dilated to 1 cm
Mommy to a 4 yr old daughter and 3 yr old son
Previous preterm labor with DD at 31 wks

tully333

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011 at 08:54 PM »
Im 26 weeks. I thought I would have a scan last night so i waited to check in, but i got bumped to Friday. No new info. Im on week 6 in the hospital. Having a few contractions a day but nothing concerning. I started feeling one of the twins kicking and pushing on what feels like my cervix for the last few days so im hoping she isnt working on an escape. i keep putting myself in more extreme t-burg position to try to get her away from my cervix but not sure its helping- and its definitely not helping my indigestion.

Glad to hear everyone's update.
Cerclage 3/6/11, bedrest at home since 3/4/11 at home. Bedrest in hospital since 4/12/11 @ 21 weeks
1st 2 babies- boy girl twins

Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011 at 09:08 PM »
I had some good news this week. After being in the hospital for the last two weeks, last night I was able to come home! Our baby girl decided she wanted to finally turn head down, so now the docs aren't worried about cord prolapse. I'll be 32 weeks on Thursday. My cervical length is still measuring around .5 cm, but the doc seems to think that if I stay diligent on the strict bed rest I should be able to make it a lot further. I'm just so happy to be home again with my sweet boys and wonderful husband. Waking up and seeing all of them was the greatest gift :)
EDD 7/14
Bed rest since 3/1 (20 wks 5 d)
Cerclage 3/2 due to premature dilation (2+) and effacement

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011 at 08:35 AM »
Bug- That's wonderful!  :D
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!