Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday May 23rd  (Read 11216 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for Monday May 23rd
« on: May 23, 2011 at 08:49 AM »
Hello, ladies! Another week down! Looking forward to hearing your updates...

Hope you all can join our live chat tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern in The Chat Room.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Tuesdays at 2: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx Live chat at 2 pm Eastern
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Idea of the Day: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

tully333

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday May 23rd
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011 at 09:39 AM »
Good Morning everyone. Tomorrow will be 27 weeks. Well, had ultrasound Friday. My cervix has started funnelling. I have .58 cm left .Not great news. I got the steroid shot to speed up the lung development just incase. Strict bedrest in hospital. They started me on Int 4 times a day to "quiet" the uterus. I'm trying to stay in Trandellenburg position, but its so hard. My head throbs Haven't figured out the pillow placement yet. Also, since I'm not sitting fully up the eat indigestion and I think gas has become a factor .Any suggestions would be helpful. I take a pepsid and tums. Staying hopeful. Its out of my hands now. Just trying to keep these guys in a day at a time. Doctor seems hopeful he can at least get to 33 weeks.
  I think main issue is the lower baby's head is super low and adding pressure to cervix- she also has a lot of amnio fliud which is adding to pressure.
 Good news is they are both growing well. She is 2 pds 3 ounces, he is 2 pds 6 ounces .

I'm trying to read only light books and watch fun movies- nothing serious or heady.
Happy Monday everyone .Looking forward to everyone's updates and experience.     
Cerclage 3/6/11, bedrest at home since 3/4/11 at home. Bedrest in hospital since 4/12/11 @ 21 weeks
1st 2 babies- boy girl twins

Mommy_haley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011 at 10:25 AM »
I'm 27 weeks 4 days and hanging in there.  The Braxton hicks have been increasing in frequency lately, and it is constantly on my mind.  I just keep hoping and praying they stay at bay for as long as possible.  I'm in that constant state of... "do I count that one? How many has that been? Are we going to have to make a trip to the hospital?". Its grueling on the mind.

No appointment until a week from tomorrow.  So, hopefully all will remain calm and quiet until then.  I've been fighting the urge to get up and do something.  Its tough, but worth it.  It's so funny how we will go from doing NOTHING to being extremely BUSY with one life changing day, isn't it?

Hope everyone has a calm week and may the time pass quickly!
On bed rest at 23 wks (4/26) w/a BOY! Dilated to 1 cm
Mommy to a 4 yr old daughter and 3 yr old son
Previous preterm labor with DD at 31 wks

clem726

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011 at 10:35 AM »
34 weeks 5 days here and still cooking...
was a crazy weekend, had to go to l&d on sunday because of contractions and thought i was leaking some fluid so i wanted to get checked. turns out I had a UTI so they gave me antibiotics, so im glad my water didnt break or leak, i am 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced but they said at this point they are not going to give me medication to stop the contractions since at this stage the side effects from the medicine are more harmful to me then letting him be born, so im trying to keep him in a lil longer so we will see. contractions are still far apart so hopefully i can at least make it another week or two.. i have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning to check my cervix again to make sure no big changes. good luck to everyone still cooking and congrats to anyone that had their baby!
Married to Laz, Mommy to Hailie (6/25/03) and Alexander (7/23/09)... baby anthony due 6/29/11...on bed rest since 4/4

sarahker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011 at 12:44 PM »
Hi -
I'm now 26w3d pregnant with twin boys, and have been on hospital bedrest for the past 2 weeks - had a short cervix (1.7cm) with contractions 3-5 minutes apart, positive ffn, was sent to L&D, and haven't been home since.  We've managed to get the contractions under control with nifedipene and bedrest, and my cervix is maintaining at 1.7cm.  I've also been on progesterone suppositories, which although research doesn't indicate are particularly helpful in twin pregnancies, I really feel have been benefical.

I'd really like to be released to home bedrest at some point, but my doctors don't seem to be in any hurry to release me, and have even indicated that I might be here for the duration of the pregnancy.  I've read a lot of other women's stories on this forum, and it seems that most other women in my situation have been put on home bedrest - I'm a little confused about why I'm still here in the hospital. Obviously I want to do what's best for my babies, but I am starting to wonder what they are doing for me here that I can't do for myself at home? 

Good luck to everyone, and keep up the good work! 

threacatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011 at 01:30 PM »
Good morning ladies! I am 29 weeks and 2 days. I ended up in L&D twice this past week. I got admitted on Wed for bleeding and contractions. they were able to stop the contractions, and they gave me a steroid shot to help the baby's lungs along. They let me go home on Thursday after the bleeding stopped. They still don't know why I started randomly bleeding. On Saturday I had my baby shower, and an hour after it ended, I started having contractions 7 minutes apart. By the time we got to the hospital they were 4 minutes apart. Baby girl is trying really hard to come into this world. I'm now 2cm dilated and 20% effaced. I see my doctor on this coming Wed. At the moment she says I'll be lucky to make it past 32 weeks.
On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011 at 01:46 PM »
Hello, I am 26 weeks today. My cervix showed between .6 and .8 last Monday and I am still on hospital bed rest. I still haven't felt any contractions and they don't find any during monitoring.  I have another sonogram next Monday to check things out again. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes about a week ago. So I am learning to keep my sugar in check. So far it is going ok, but since I am in the hospital, I feel like I have very limited menu choices and every blood glucose test is under a magnifying glass. That made for kind of a depressing and stressful week.
Hope everyone has a good upcoming week. 

BELLABOO12

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011 at 01:56 PM »
HI everyone,
I am 34 weeks today... not much new to report- they are making me go in for another apt. tomorrow because last week my fluid was low and my cervix is down to .9 

Hopefully tomorrow is a good apt....hoping to keep this guy in at least another week or so- I had a positive FFN test 2 weeks ago and when my cervix went to .9 doc said he thought I only had a few more weeks so according to those calculations this little guy should be coming soon but again just hoping he holds on tight for at least a few more weeks....

Wishing everyone a good week :)  :)

short cervical length
History of pre-term labor
Baby boy due July 4

lauraindenver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011 at 02:35 PM »
Hi everyone~

Finally at 37 weeks! One doctor loosened up on bed rest, we see the ob tomorrow for confirmation before I start moving too much.  Both doctors now want me to induce - Friday she mentioned 'stripping my membranes."  The OB has been talking induction for weeks. My fluid is still low but not low enough to immediately induce or hospitalize. I'm not sure what to do - really wish the little guy would come on his own and remove the choice completely. I've read that low fluids by themselves are not universally considered reason to induce... but it is getting harder to hold my own with doctors. I feel very lucky to have made it to this point, can't believe all that has happened since March.

Hang in there to all of you ~ following orders strictly sometimes does work.

Laura

momofbabyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011 at 02:55 PM »
Hey everyone! I'm now approx 29 weeks and so thankful to have made it this far. Last week I had a vaginal ultrasound & discovered my cervix was funneled down to the stitch (I didn't get a measurement). I wasn't really surprised, since I had the stomach flu right after my last appointment and there is no way puking can be good on a weak cervix. I was immediately admitted to the hospital, given a 48 hour dose of Indocin and monitored for contractions for 24 hours. Good news is that I didn't have any contractions the whole time I was being monitored. I was released on Wednesday and told to continue modified bedrest. I'm also taking a 48 hour dose of Indocin every week until 32 weeks & I'm getting the progesterone shots now. So for now, things are back to "bedrest normal."

I am super frustrated though w/ the communication b/t all of my doctors. When I was admitted to the hospital, my high risk doctors told me that there was "some discrepancy with my due date." They checked it out and told me that they were going by an 8/10 due date! I was originally given a due date of 8/1 (which is what my OB is still going by) then I was given a due date of 8/5 and now to be told another, later due date was so frustrating. I feel like this pregnancy is going backwards instead of forward - which is not good when you're on bedrest, counting down the days until it is safe for baby to come. I'm really looking forward to talking to my OB about this issue later this week!
due 8/1 - a girl
Mom to Blue, born 10/7/09 @ 37 weeks
Bedrest @ 22 weeks due to short cervix

Couchdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011 at 03:07 PM »
Hi All, I'm still here too.  We are at 27 weeks + 1 day today.  I feel good that we've made it another week.  Every day counts!  Everything seems to be going ok so far.  I have been experiencing some belly tightness - not quite braxton hicks and it isn't painful just uncomfortable.  It seems like it's going on all day.  I think part of that might be my little guy decided to nuzzle his head pretty low so I know there's probably pressure all over cause of that.  I have my next doc appt a week from tomorrow where I will have another transvag u/s and talk with the OB.  I've gotten the ok to go to my daughter's preschool spring program tomorrow - for which I am so happy!  She was so excited that "Mom can come with us this time" that I cried all morning!  Bedrest is hard when you are the mom that goes to everything!!  Trying to have a good attitude. 
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

Fields of gold

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011 at 03:56 PM »
Hello all, I am at 32 weeks +1, which is great. I had a regular U/S last Tuesday and the little one had gone from 2lbs 3 oz, to 3 lbs 4oz, which meant she went from the 18th percentile to the 31st.  We are so happy with that, it means she hasn't stopped growing so that they will try to leave her in there. Tomorrow is the U/S where they measure my cervix again and I am really worried, but who wouldn't be? She is head down and squirmy so there is always a lot of pressure on my abdomen, but nothing that I would call contractions, Braxton Hicks or otherwise. Here's hoping everything goes well tomorrow. Other than that the weekends aren't so bad, it's during the week when I am by myself all day and everyone else is working so no one calls or visits (Thank God for Facebook and email!). Gets a little lonely, I tend to have a bit of a breakdown on Fridays. I am still on modified bed rest, so I can still drive myself places, but I limit my walking and definitley resume my position on the couch when I get home.

Hang in there everyone!

maxxiniko

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011 at 04:07 PM »
28w4d here.  (or 5d depending on who you ask).  Not a great week.  I ended up getting hospitalized on Friday for preterm labor part 2.  I was having contractions about 2-3 mins apart (again) and my cervix shortened over the past couple of weeks from 1.6 to .6 and there's funneling with pressure.  My fFN was positive as well.  I'm not dilating yet thankfully.  I was admitted to Labor and Delivery and put back on the magnesium sulfate which did the trick.  I have contractions while monitoring but none that are concerning.  I'm supposed to get scanned again on Friday but I think I'll be here for awhile. I'm just not sure how long my body will hold out.  I am hoping for 32 weeks.  They weighed the twins.  A is right on track at 2.9 but B is a whopping 3.9!  Maybe that's part of the problem.  Hope everyone has a good week.

kadiera

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011 at 05:14 PM »
28 weeks tomorrow, 4 weeks on hospital bedrest. Still here...though it surprises me every day

Went to L&D for monitoring overnight on Saturday - Saturday morning's monitoring had a couple of major decels, and by the time they decided things were ok, my BP was high (loooong story). So then I had to stay to get that sorted out. We're running out of options on the blood pressure front, but we'll take every day we can get.

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011 at 06:07 PM »
Hello everyone! Still gestating my kiddos at 33 weeks, 4 days today. Praise God!!! I have an appointment Thursday with my regular OB, then US, FBP & NST on Friday. I also have an orthopedic appt tomorrow to see about the carpal tunnel symptoms which are now invading my days as well as my nights. I can't grip anything! So weird!  :-\
Getting pretty miserable now & looking forward to delivering! Today seems to be pretty rough. It's probably a combination of lack of sleep and discomfort of being so big due to the "twin factor". I'm having someone come clean my house tomorrow, so that will make me feel better!  :)
I feel like such a complainer because I hear my husband talking on the phone to people asking how I am and often his response is "If it's not one thing it's another."  :( Makes me feel bad about complaining about anything! I think he's going to direly need a boy's trip (away) after all this is done!
Contractions are pretty much on & off all day now, but only tightening and pressure, so I'm dealing with them for now. I've had a few "crampy" ones, but those are sporadic and only 2-3 a day. When I start to have more of those I'll start to count I think.

My heart goes out to all you mommies on hospital bedrest. I can't imagine what it must be like to be away from family and the comfort of home. Hang in there and know this isn't permanent, it's a blip in time and will pass.
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!