Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday May 23rd  (Read 11541 times)

jumama

Re: Roll Call for Monday May 23rd
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011 at 07:21 PM »
Still cookin this way now 31 +3 so I have an appt on wednesday hoping that my cervix hasn't gotten any shoter last check it was .80 so hoping it is near that so hard since baby A has his head in my pelvis and at times when he moves its not all the comfortable. They said they will check there weights at this appt again since they didn't check their weights last week. They did give me another dose of the steriod shots hoping these two can bake at least 3 more weeks.

mommadown

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011 at 08:10 PM »
Hey everyone!

I am 35 weeks tomorrow and going on my 9 th week of bedrest.  Was released from hosptial last Monday after a 5 day stay.  My cervix went from 2.4 to 1.7 and I was(and still am) 4 cm dilated.  I received the steriod shots for my baby's lungs.  Doctor checked my cervix last Thurs. and I am 70% effaced, 4 cm dilated and baby at -1 station.  Have not had any painful contractions. 
Doctor appt. this Thursday to see how things are.  I don't feel like the baby is coming any time soon but still on strict bedrest at home.  We now have a grandparent here with us all day and night from Mon-Friday to care for our 14mth old.  I know they don't mind helping but I can't help but feel guilty.
I hope everyone has a good week and keep up the awesome job!
Mother to 12 mth old boy(IVF/ICSI)
EDD June 28, 2011 to baby boy #2 (IVF/ICSI)
Cervical funneling and shortened cervix(3.8, 2.8, 2.4)
Bedrest and Progesterone suppositories

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011 at 08:14 PM »
32 weeks 4 days here today and still cooking!! I don't have much to report. I'm feeling much better after my dehydration incident on Friday. I've got a week of appointments, dentist, nurses for 17 p shot and then OB. Woot - I get to leave the house thrice this week. I'm still feeling good. This little baby is kicking up a storm inside of me - I'm just trying to make it to term :)
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011 at 10:35 PM »
Still here at 32 weeks 4 days and 12 weeks on bed rest. I saw my OB today. He said he will take out my cerclage around 36-37 weeks and let me do a VBAC...or I can go as long as possible and have a c-section. I'm voting for the VBAC...after 4 months on strict bed rest it will be hard enough getting back without abdominal surgery! I've had both a c-section and vaginal delivery...vag is so much easier!! My husband thinks that is still too early. I'm just thankful for every week our little girl has to grow. :)
EDD 7/14
Bed rest since 3/1 (20 wks 5 d)
Cerclage 3/2 due to premature dilation (2+) and effacement

kghughes

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011 at 07:22 AM »
Hey Ladies - sorry for the late check in, we had an....interesting weekend!  I'm 38+2 today.

Saturday my Husband graduated with his Masters degree!! Luckily it was a small department graduation, so while I snuck out of the house to go, I didn't push myself toooo hard.  But I wasn't going to miss this ceremony!!!

Or so we thought.  By Sunday I woke up with a blazing headache.  (I have pre-eclampsia).  Took a tylenol and called my midwives.  They had me do some extra bp checks and monitor it.  By 4 hours later, the headache was still there, and suddenly I began to see spots.  We called back right away, and they sent me to labor and delivery.  (A bit of side story - I have been risked out of our local hospital due to a heart arrhythmia that I developed around 23 weeks, so I have been working with local midwives/ob's and a high risk hospital 2 hours away.  They sent us to our local hospital L&D ward,which I have never been to).  We get there and they hook us right up and start stabbing me.  BP actually looked OK, baby looked great on the NST and my bloodwork?  NO signs of pre-e.  Clean urine, normal platelets, everything.  Really?  REALLY?  Turns out, I had....a headache.  Probably a migrane, which I haven't had since high school. They gave me some vicoden and phenegran and had me sleep to see if that helped.  Woke up high as a kite, but feeling much better.  So we went home. 

Yesterday I woke up with contractions.  Every 3 minutes for 30 seconds.  Huh.  Timed them for an hour.  Was able to sleep a bit through them, but because I have to travel to deliver, my midwives want me to call anytime they last for more than an hour.  So we called, went in. I was a cm dialated and soft, but they are terified that I will go into labor at this local hospital (sigh) so they sent us to our big hosptial.  We were so relieved. We have been so anxious and nervous about the pre-e.  It was one of the most touching moments of my life with my husband.  Our midwife told us were  going and went to get our paperwork, and my husband curled up on the bed with me and started to cry with relief. 

We headed out and got there in record time, still with some putzy contractions.  But when the midwives called us in to Dartmouth, the promise was that they weren't going to send us home.  We get there, all checked in, all ready to go.  We wait.. and wait... and wait.  After 6 hours.... they send us home.  My pressures were ok and so was my bloodwork.  While I'm happy they aren't induction happy and giving the Ewok time to cook, its so hard to think we're going home with the baby when we didn't.  A very very hard drive home.  We know it could be much much worse, but it was so hard. 

So now we wait.  We're still scheduled for Sunday at this point.  Just trying to stay positive till then!  Thankful for all you ladies who will listen to me whine about this piddly little stuff! Its been a long 11 weeks, and we are ready to be done!!  I may have to have the hubby pick me up a muffin on the way home, a little self medication may be in order. :)

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011 at 09:57 AM »
Nothing to report here which is the best news of all.  I had a negative FFN on Thurs and my cervix is down to 2.7...but I'm trying to do as little as possible on bedrest, but i'm not perfect.  25 weeks tomorrow.  Last Saturday was my daughter Corinne's birthday (and the day she passed) so it was very emotional.  I had my husband take me up to see her at the cemetery.

On a happy note, my son has been kicking butt with potty training!!!!

Glad that everyone is doing well!!  Doc appt tomorrow...let's hope everything stays boring!
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!

nadrobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011 at 09:04 PM »
I am still here at 34 weeks tomorrow (I think)! I kept forgetting if i'm 33 or 34...but i had my weekly appt today, i am still 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced (2 cm short cervix), baby's head is down, and my doc is now fine with lifting restrictions and i can start to add activities this week!
i guess it's up to me to do what i feel i can do. going to be hard to figure that out....after doing nothing for so long (been on bedrest since 27 weeks)!
I'm going to go back to work next week on light duty. this past week i've been dealing with nightmare logistical issues with my HR at work and with disability insurance. crazy. other than that i'm feeling pretty good, having lots of BH contractions but i just need to figure out what i should and should not do at this point, with my toddler and with home upkeep.....i'm a little anxious about it.
glad to hear that everyone else's still cookin sounds like it's been an interesting week for some so i hope all goes well this week!
Baby #2 EDD 7/6/11: on bedrest at 27 weeks for short cervix and +fFn
Baby #1 BD 9/1/08: natural uncomplicated term birth

Kimmd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011 at 09:31 AM »
Hello All,

I posted my story last week... I am now 26 weeks 1 day:) I had my MFM appointment this morning. My cervix is still measuring about 1.5 cm so no change since May 5th. On another note my amniotic fluid seems to be lower than last week... My Dr says he will continue to monitor my cervix and my fluid. Do any of you know why my fluid levels are decreasing? Is there something I can do to replenish my fluid levels?

ReeMichele

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011 at 03:39 PM »
Hey folks,

Sorry I'm late with check-in, but this week (and the weekend prior) have been, well...hell.

Friday night I started contracting.  That in itself isn't abnormal as I start contracting every evening, without fail, around 6pm. The contractions always last around a minute, are always at least mildly painful with some being knock-you-on-your-tush painful, and they're always 15 minutes apart for about 4-5 hours. 

Well around 10pm they started getting crazy bad.  I started writing them down and they were getting progressively closer together until I said to heck with writing them down and let my husband and mom keep track of them - by the time we got in the car to go to L&D they were 3 minutes apart and I -definitely- could not talk through them.  They remained horrible and fast all the way to the hospital, all the way through check in, and all the way into the room...and then the bleepers stopped.  Just stopped.  Like immediately.  I think my uterus is shy of hospitals?

They did check me while I was there - still 3cm (almost 4 now, though), 80% effaced still, and baby's looow...between -1 and -2 station. So he's dropped a little bit more.  Only two contractions showed up during the NST & Logan was fine - no decels at all, plenty of accels, heartrate was spot on between the accels.  My water still hasn't broken.

So, this Monday I hit 34 weeks.  Today I'm 34 weeks & 2 days.  My perinatologists don't have a clue why or how I'm still pregnant.  My OB just has a bewildered look on her face every time I waddle into her office.  They've taken me off my progesterone suppositories, my last day for a 'rescue' round of steroids was Sunday, so that's off the table now...I'm officially in the "waiting to go into active labor" category.

The only difference I'm feeling from weeks before is that now I absolutely cannot sit up or stand up for more than 10 minutes without feeling like he's going to fall out.  The contractions ONLY stop when I lay down.  This whole time I've been able to sit up easily with no discomfort, walk to the restroom and shower with no problem, and shift positions easily.  Now? Well, to say I'm miserable is probably an understatement.  But by danged, I will lay flat on my back or sides as long as I can. 

New goal: 36 weeks.  1 week 5 days to go!

lauraindenver

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011 at 11:40 PM »
Hi Kimmd - I sent you a msg about what I've done to try to keep fluids high enough! Laura

Line_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011 at 04:12 AM »
Dear All,

Better late than never. I'm still here after 10 weeks of bedrest and I'm now 32+5 weeks. I have had kind of a hard week - I have been feeling increasingly down and anxious and time seems to be creeping by terribly slowly. I had a doctors appointment last week that showed that my cervix was down to 1,8 cm and that I have started funneling, which the doctor actuallly didn't comment further on so I don't know what to make of that. 

Next goal is still 34 weeks and I hope to hold on untill 36 weeks, but right now I don't feel that confident.

I hope you all have a good week

Best Regards/Line
Due date: 16/7/2011
3th pregnancy
2 previous early losses
Placed on bedrest this pregnancy @22+6 weeks for Cervical shortening

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011 at 01:07 PM »
Sorry for the late check in. We've, well hubby, has been busy setting up little Maddys nursery and were finally done! I must say its nice being bossy and actually having an excuse as to why I keep barking out orders lol

Anyways, today I'm 34w 5 d. I had an appointment yesterday and maddy is measuring well. Her head is the size of a full term baby (big head like her mommy lol) and weighs 6.2 lbs! My CL is at 3.1 so everything is looking great! Doc said i could have my stitch taken out at 36 but I opted to get it taken out at 37 which he was completely okay with. I just want to be able to say I made it to 37+ weeks after being placed on bed rest for so long. I'm excited & can't wait to meet my little princess! Eeeeek!
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011 at 11:29 AM »
Are you a bedrest mom expecting twins? Join our live chat TODAY at 1 pm ET in the Chat Room: http://bit.ly/e9u26l

Singleton moms are welcome, too. I just thought it might be neat for all the twin moms to meet!  :)