Author Topic: 3 cm dilated @ 37 weeks  (Read 3441 times)

joyjoyusa8

• View Profile
3 cm dilated @ 37 weeks
« on: May 27, 2011 at 12:14 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for all your support so far, finally, I am on my 37 weeks.

I had cramp this monring and found out that I was 2 cm dilated per my doctor visit.  They immediately sent me to L&D, and monitor the contraction and baby.  Then I now 3 cm dilated but it stayed the same after more monitoring.  They sent me home.  I felt a little scared and discourged.  Of course, I don't want the baby to come out too early.  My c-session was scheduled on 06/08.  The doctor said I could be either in labor anytime or this weekend or I can last for weeks.  Anyone have similar experience that 3 cm dilated and can still make it to 39 weeks?  Any tips how can I last longer in the pregnancy?  I was hoping at least to make it next Wednesday which is my 38 weeks.

I still feel ocassionaly cramp though but still manageable.  But I was worried a bit and scared the baby came.  Any advice/encouragement/experience to share?

Joy

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: 3 cm dilated @ 37 weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011 at 12:53 AM »
Whoohoo! 37 weeks and counting! That's wonderful!  ;D

And who knows, you still may not deliver until your c-section date! It seems we women can walk around at 3 cm or 4 cm for awhile, and then once we get to 5 cm things kick into high gear. Of course, there's no way of predicting. It can feel frustrating when you think it's the big day, but then nothing happens. And at the same time, I know you're glad for baby to keep cookin'. Such a roller coaster!

This is one of those times when you just have to go with the flow. Try to think of this as extra time to enjoy your baby in the womb, and to start easing back into a normal schedule and getting your strength back by increasing your activity. Do you anything left to do to get ready for the baby?

Keep us posted!
Angela

nadrobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011 at 04:23 PM »
In my experience it's totally fine to be that dilated- I am at 35 weeks and was dilated to 3 cm last week when I was 34 weeks and my doctor wasn't concerned. I did dilate too early, got to 2.5 already by 29 weeks when I had to go in hospital. But I still kept the baby in. But, at this point and esp since you're already at pretty much term it should be fine- with my first pg I walked around at 2 cm for weeks, then when I went to the hospital at 39 weeks feeling "weird" they said well you're 4 cm dilated and in labor and I didn't really even know it....
A friend of mine walked around for several weeks at 5 cm before anythign really happened!
Baby #2 EDD 7/6/11: on bedrest at 27 weeks for short cervix and +fFn
Baby #1 BD 9/1/08: natural uncomplicated term birth

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011 at 08:45 PM »
Hi,
It's great that your still cookin. With my first pregnancy, I was 2 cm dialated for several weeks and finally went in for induction. At this stage, i'mnot sure you have too much to worry about. Congrats on making it to week 37.

joyjoyusa8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011 at 03:00 AM »
Hi Wonderful Ladies,

Thanks for all your responses and sharing your experience.  I feel so much comfort and better about 2 cm dilated.  It was a lot of encourgement to me since I am not alone.

Today is also my first day of 38 weeks.  I don't have much left to do since this is my second pregnancy and I mostly used the first pregnancy baby stuff. 

Since this pregnancy is different from my previous pregnancy, I am new to real labor.  In the past, my water just broke and I went into c-session without much pain.  This time, I feel pain and cramp here and there.  Sometimes I worried if I had miss any signs of real labor.  Sometimes I worried I don't have enough fluid for my baby since I leak fluid sometimes.  However, I called labor and delivery, they said it's not water breaking since there's no leak constantly.  Sometimes I am confused with contraction and movement from my babies.  My baby moves a little bit less now.  Per my doctor appointment a few days ago, the baby is doing fine.  I am afriad I don't deliver a healhty baby or the baby is not okay.  You could tell there were a lot of anxiety and worries.  This is my third c-session, sometimes I wonder if the sugery will go smoothly or not.  Thanks for listening.  Any advice/encouragement is welcome!

Joy