Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 31st  (Read 11502 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for May 31st
« on: May 30, 2011 at 09:31 AM »
Hello, ladies!
I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who have shared your stories, from your struggles to your victories. I hope you realize how much it means to other women who can see someone who has been where they are, and who is now at 36 weeks or more. Everyone here has certainly experienced difficult times, but there is also an abundance of joy that we can celebrate and that we can let inspire us.

June is just one day away! Looking forward to hearing your updates. Let us know how many weeks along you are, and tell us how you're doing.

Hope you all can join our live chat tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern in The Chat Room. Special guest Pamela McKimie will be joining us for part of the chat to talk about reducing feelings of stress and anxiety during a high-risk pregnancy!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Tuesdays at 2: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx Live chat at 2 pm Eastern
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Idea of the Day: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Couchdiva

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 31st
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011 at 11:11 AM »
Hi, I'm still cookin' my little guy.  I've now just reached the 28 week mark yesterday!  Woot!  I'm happy to be at 28 weeks.  It seems the stress is half of what it was when I was put on bedrest at 20 weeks.  I now have a baby that has a fighting chance.  I have my next OB appt tomorrow so we will see how the last two weeks have gone for us.  I'm always nervous going to my appts.  I'll have an internal u/s and a check with my doc.  Hoping things come out good.  Ladies-we've made it another week!  Yeah for all of us!!
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011 at 12:48 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm still here (after my nesting frenzy yesterday) at 34 weeks, 4 days with twins! Whoo-hoo!  :D this marks week 18 of bedrest! Friday I have my regular OB appointment where they'll do the GBS culture/test, and check me for dilation, then I have an US and NST Friday as well (gonna' be a long day Friday!).  Last Friday my kiddos were measured and were 5lbs5oz and 6lbs1oz! I guess I grow them big.  ;D I've been having a lot more contractions lately, still nothing painful, even when they are regular. They've taken me off the procardia as well so I'm just sitting around and waiting.
Sleeping has become nearly impossible except for an hour here or there when I'm utterly exhausted. I think I've been in a cushy daze the last several weeks because I've suddenly realized (over the past two days) how close I am to term for twins (36-38weeks) and how soon I may actually deliver. I have a weird sense of urgency to get things accomplished, and am considerably anxious. It's a much better feeling being anxious NOW than anxious 18 weeks ago!
Good luck everyone and hang in there! The docs (and I) never thought I'd get this far. It's a fabulous feeling!!!!
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

pinkpeony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011 at 02:56 PM »
This is my 5th day on hospital bedrest. So far time has been just flying by even though I don't try to keep myself busy. It's a good thing, but who knows when this will wear off, as this is only my 5th day...  :)
So far no contraction, no cramping, no fluid leaking, ... so I am just here in bed cooking the baby.

I am 25 weeks and 4 days today. I joined this forum when I was 20 weeks. At that time even the 24 week milestone seemed so distant but hey, I already passed it and am moving toward my next goal - 28th week. I hope I can be one of you who just hit 30-something weeks.... congratulations and keep on going ladies.

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011 at 03:40 PM »
hey ladies! I am 33 weeks and 4 days today. I still can't believe I have come this far. This weekend I see my perinatologist. Then in two weeks my cerclage comes out. woohoo. For those of you still in the 20's - hang in there. It is a long road but it is totally worth it. I've been on modified bedrest for 2 months and 4 weeks straight. I also had a 3 week bedrest stint in the second trimester!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011 at 08:30 PM by flowerchica »
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

Marvin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011 at 04:18 PM »
Hi!  :) I'm at 29 weeks today, on week 5 of home bedrest. I'm feeling a ton of pressure, but the contractions are not too strong yet (although I'm still having a lot.) Anxious to get out of the 20's. The birthing centre and NICU in my city are moving hospitals this weekend, so I need to make it to next week at minimum - I can't imagine the stress of dealing with a move as well as an early babe, ugh.
Mom to two preemies
On bedrest with #3 since 23 weeks (EDD 8/15)

sarahker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011 at 04:38 PM »
Hello - I'm 27w3d with twins, and have been on hospital bedrest for the past 3 weeks for short cervix (CL 1.7) and had syptoms of preterm labor.  The contractions have been well controlled by Nifedipene and bedrest, and my CL is holding steady at 1.7.  Initially my physicians had mentioned the possibility of going home at 30 weeks, but now it sounds like they're pushing that out to 32 weeks.  I'm a little concerned about this because I don't really feel like much is actually being done for me here - everything has been stable for the past few weeks, and really all they are doing is monitoring.  I'm also growing increasingly frustrated with the quality of care I'm recieving in the hospital (lost or incorrectly performed labwork, wrong dosage/late medications, etc.), and I'm starting to feel like I could take better care of myself at home - it is certainly making it difficult to maintain a positive outlook.   

Good luck to everyone out there on bedrest, especially those in the hospital - this is certainly an emotionally trying experience.

Best,
Sarahker     

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011 at 06:46 PM »
Hi hi 35w1d here. Nothing important to report. Don't have an appt until next Thursday where I'll have my GBS swab done then hopefully the week after will get my cerclage removed & off bed rest! I'm dying to get my hair cut & nails done! Had an appt last Thursday and things were good. CL is 3.1 and doctor says it's up to me whether I want my stitch removed at 36 or 37. I opted for 37 just for peace of mind. I want to be able to say that I've done 24 weeks of bed rest & made it to term :)

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing good!
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

tully333

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011 at 07:01 PM »
Hi ladies-

I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow. Thank goodness. I was afraid that the pneumonia was going to ruin everything since i had to sit up to clear my lungs (and breath) plus- all the coughing. So, the aspiration pneumonia is clearing up slowly. The IV antibiotics are making sleep every time I get them but that is fine by me, every day I keep em in is a good day. If I do it by sleepiing the days away, so be it.

mckoygirl-  so happy to hear you are past 34 weeks plus with twins. Very inspiring. When my cervix dropped to .5cm last week and then the pnuemonia a couple days later I just thought this was it. But now I'm feeling more optimistic.

Sarahker- I completely understand. I have been sure for weeks that the hospital was doing more harm than good. It stressed me out, different nurses were good and bad, late everything, bad food, too many interuptions,no fresh air-  but not being able to sleep through the night aggravated all the others.
I started telling my doctor every time I saw him what the issues were that were keeping me from bedresting, as opposed to bedragging. After the pnuemonia, they moved me to a quieter bigger room with a window that opens. For the first time I have slept through the about my medication schedule so i could eliminate being woken up for for meds that could wait a hour. It also helped tremendously. It took consistency and patience, but I now sleep though the night.

The other thing to know too is, that my cervix held at 1.7cm for weeks, then one scan- last friday it went to .5cm just like that- no contractions, no symptoms.  So then I became happier I was in the hospital with no temptations to cook a little or clean a little or answer the dorrbell etc.  

Hang in there. I'll try to email you privately, if i can figure out how. I told my doctor i wanted to go home a few weeks ago and luckily he convinced me to stay. Being institutionalized is the hardest part of this and its all mental. I'm sending you positive thoughts- i know its impossible to have them yourself right now,
Cerclage 3/6/11, bedrest at home since 3/4/11 at home. Bedrest in hospital since 4/12/11 @ 21 weeks
1st 2 babies- boy girl twins

mommadown

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011 at 07:48 PM »
Hey all!

I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow! Yeah!  Had appt. last Thursday and the doctor did nothing...no US or checking my dilation.  He said they would not stop labor at this point.  Had the steriods at 34 weeks.  Will have NST this Thursday and scheduled for BPP next Thursday.  He lifted my bedrest, so I was officially on bedrest for 10 weeks and in hospital for a total of 5 nights.  Still have some help for this week with my son but plan on no help next week.
I've been having alot of painless contractions(I think...) but they are not consistent.  Wonderful to be able to get out of bed!  Good luck to everyone and stay in bed...it works!
Hoping to make it to at least 38 weeks...was 4cm dilated, 1.7 CL, -1 station and 75% effaced at last check...we will see!
Mother to 12 mth old boy(IVF/ICSI)
EDD June 28, 2011 to baby boy #2 (IVF/ICSI)
Cervical funneling and shortened cervix(3.8, 2.8, 2.4)
Bedrest and Progesterone suppositories

ReeMichele

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011 at 07:55 PM »
I'm still here...

35 weeks today and hanging on as well as I can.

My next doc appointment is tomorrow.  If I've gone to 4cm or more, they'll probably induce me.  

At this point I'm just flat out miserable.  Throughout this whole process I've been allowed probably a lot more movement than most, because my cervix was SO stable..it stayed 1.5cm (well, from 1.3cm to 1.5cm) from 22 weeks to 32 weeks.   Once things started changing, though, I've had to be on more restrictive bed rest and it's driving me NUTS.  

My hips hurt, my back hurts, I contract HARD if I even sit up for too long...it's getting so tiring.  You ladies who have had it this hard for the whole time are my heros.  Really.

At any rate, since Logan is now in the range where the doctors aren't worried at ALL about him being born, I'm content with whatever happens.  If they choose to induce me on Tuesday, I will accept that calmly.   I believe the thinking there is that if I am allowed to continue to dilate at home and I get to 100% effaced, I may not have enough time to get to the hospital and none of us wants me to have this baby at home!

Anyway, I'll update again tomorrow...unless I'm busy having a baby! :)  Keep on bakin' those buns, ladies. :)

AKmama

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011 at 08:01 PM »
Hi all,
I was put on home bedrest at 26 weeks due to IC and a CL of 1.4. I had a cerclage placed at 14 weeks and it is definitely doing its job, in fact it's doing ALL the work! Tomorrow I'll be 28 weeks, and I see I'm not alone, several of us have similar due dates  :)
Hopefully the week will go by fast, I have an ultrasound on wednesday to check my cervical length and I'm really nervous. Thursday is my OB appt and glucose test.  
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011 at 10:12 PM by AKmama »
Pregnancy #2 -- a girl! EDD 08/23/11
Mom to twin angels born too early at 19 weeks
Bedrest since 27 wks, Incompetent Cervix & cerclage at 14 wks

jumama

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011 at 08:41 PM »
Hi everyone I'm now 32 +3 days still holding on with these twins hoping they will keep cookin a few more weeks. I have an appt with my regular ob appt this Friday. Haven't seen the ob since I was put on bedrest, I was only seeing the pernitologist so I won't  see him  for a couple of weeks. At my last appt the boys were weighing 4.5 and 4.3 she they are measuring good and at the 90th percentile. Hope all of you are doing well. Belly rubs.

babyrom

• View Profile
    • 43 and Pregnant
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011 at 09:03 PM »
Hello Ladies,  I am new to this forum and new to bed rest. I am 22wk4days and have been on bedrest since week 19 following due to IC and a cerclage placed when m CL measured 1.9.  The first week was the worst!  I was on pins and needles the entire week just hoping to make it through.  In my previous pregnancy I had a cerclage put in at 15 weeks with a long cerivix, but it didn't work out and we lost the baby at 15w6d.  So this time around I feel like we are doing much better since I got through that crucial first week.   I am just counting down the days until we reach the 24 week milestone!  We are getting there.  My doctor has now switched me from weekly appointments and u/s to bi-monthly since everything seems stable.  Not happy about this.  It was my only outing!!  I am going to miss that weekly reassurance, but I know they are close by if I really need them.  So no appointment for me this week.  My next appointment will mark 24 weeks!  Great to hear everyone else's stories.  I don't feel so alone anymore :)
Due Date - Sept. 30/11 - A little boy!
Two angel babies - Baby Marina born March 1/03 at 20 wks cause unknown. Baby Aimee born Feb.17/08 at 16wks after failed elective cerclage.
This Pregnancy:  Cerclage placed on May 5/11 been on bedrest since.
Natural Conception at 43!  Baby due on my 44th Bday

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011 at 09:11 PM »
babyrom- Welcome! it's great you're already past 22 weeks! Hang in there, set short goals and the time will pass faster & faster, I promise. Your outings will become more frequent a little later. I've been seeing someone every week for the past 4 weeks! On Fridays now I have three appointments!  :-\ Makes for a really long day. Around 32 weeks they started allowing me an outing a week (which I took pretty liberally), and now I basically can do what I feel like doing... (which isn't that much since I'm preggo with twins, measuring 46+weeks and carrying 12lbs of babies around!)  ;)
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!