Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Bedrest Exercise advice??  (Read 1911 times)

Couchdiva

• View Profile
Bedrest Exercise advice??
« on: June 03, 2011 at 01:43 PM »
Hi Gals, I have been on bedrest for almost 9 weeks now.  I am just wondering if anyone knows any good resources online or otherwise related to bedrest exercises.  About 2 weeks ago when I woke up in the morning I did a little stretch - my legs just felt a little stiff.  Well, I didn't quite think that was going to send me to the moon!  I knew I'd be losing muscle strength and such, but didn't know just stretching my legs out for a brief moment would send me to weeks of discomfort.  I believe I probably strained the muscles that go up to your groin.  I feel the muscle pain from my groin all the way down to my feet.  It hasn't been that bad until lately when my doc said I could get up a little more and move around.  I now know I need to do some daily exercise in bed.  I'm getting pretty sore from laying down - guess I should have taken exercise a little more serious when this bedrest thing started.  :) 
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Bedrest Exercise advice??
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011 at 03:54 PM »
Hi! You'll want to check out http://www.mamasonbedrest.com. Prenatal fitness instructor Darline Turner-Lee offers several free exercises on her site, along with a bedrest fitness DVD.