Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 31st  (Read 12135 times)

Bug

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 31st
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011 at 11:41 PM »
Hello Mommas! I'm here at 33 weeks 4 days...tomorrow makes 13 weeks of strict bed rest. Still seeing my OB weekly. This week I see him on Wednesday. I am sooo happy that tomorrow is June. Even though I am not due until July 14th I will be having our baby by week 38. This is my last month...only about 3 or 4 weeks to go! I can't even begin to say how happy I am to be done. The last few weeks have been super hard emotionally and mentally. I want to get up and do something, anything, but I don't want any regrets if she comes early. My husband keeps reminding me that it's like we've been on this huge hike and we're 100 feet from the top of the mountain. How would we feel if we just said "Well, that's good enough!" and just stop doing what we've been doing. We're so close!! If she comes early and I've been faithful on bed rest I know that I won't have any regrets if she has to stay in the NICU. However, I know that I would feel guilty if I didn't do all I could and she did come and have complications.

My doc is planning on removing the cerclage around 37 weeks and thinks I'll deliver right then...since that is the ONLY thing that is keeping her in at this point. My husband wants to wait until 38 weeks...some days I don't know if that is possible. Secretly I want her to come on her own around 36.5 weeks so that I don't have to make that decision. My goal is a healthy baby.

It's amazing to think that our first goal was 24 weeks and thought 32 would be a miracle. Here we sit at almost 34 weeks and it feels like we'll go all the way! As hard as bed rest is at times, it's so worth it!! Keep up the good work. :)
EDD 7/14
Bed rest since 3/1 (20 wks 5 d)
Cerclage 3/2 due to premature dilation (2+) and effacement

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011 at 12:04 AM »
Hi all,
I'm still cooking too. I just hit the 27 week mark and am still on hospital bed rest. I'm thankful that I haven't had any contractions or significant problems other than my short cervix. I do sometimes feel like there is not much being done in the hospital that I couldn't do at home, but I understand that if my situation changes and I begin having contractions or other labor symptoms that they can react much more quickly than if I were at home. Still, I sure hope they consider letting me go home and continue bed rest.

Glad to hear so many are doing well. I am anxious to be one of the 30 + weekers. But 27 isso much better than the 23 I started at when I was first admitted to the hospital. 

Line_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011 at 03:57 AM »
Dear All,

Still here in my eleventh week of bedrest, now 33+3. I'm going for my final cervix measurement tomorrow and I so hope that it has stayed relatively stabil which would mean that when I reach the full 34 weeks they will lift some restrictions and I will be allowed to go out for example.

I'm not too confident though since I have been feeling a lot of pressure in the pelvic area and have had a feeeling that something is 'hanging out' or stuck (like a tampon ...sorry for the graphic language)- have any of you had this feeling as you have progressed in your pregnancy? I called L&D and talked to a nurse who asked me if I could actually feel the head or feet protruding form the cervix and since I couldn't she dismissed me but I'm thinking would I be able to feel a bulging membrane with my finger?

Crossing my fingers for all you fantastic women in here - holding on.

Best Regards/Line 

Due date: 16/7/2011
3th pregnancy
2 previous early losses
Placed on bedrest this pregnancy @22+6 weeks for Cervical shortening

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011 at 09:46 AM »
Hi, Line.

Congrats on 33 weeks and counting! I do wonder if your membrane could be bulging. How soon is your appointment? You may want to go directly to L&D now, just to be safe. Keep us posted, okay?
Angela

Kimmd

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011 at 11:01 AM »
Hi Ladies,

I am still here :) I am 27 weeks and doing as well as can be expected. I have had increase in back ache which I can assume it comes with the territory of being on bed rest. I have my MFM appointment tomorrow so I am excited to get out for my weekly outing to the drs.

Have any of you felt that you are carrying low? I feel a little pressure when I get up to use the bathroom. One of my drs says that it is normal bc I am funneled to the stitch. What have your experiences been?

tully333

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011 at 11:19 AM »
Kimmd- I had both symptoms around 26-27 weeks- lower back ache and the feeling of low pressure when I got up to pee- and yes my scan showed I had begun funneling. My doc put me on indomethacin to relax the uterus ( decrease contractions although I only had a handful a day) and decrease the amniotic fluid- the lower twin had too much fluid and was increasing pressure on my cervix. Now I am being really really careful and only standing up to pee and if I feel my belly tighten I wait on my side for it to become relaxed again before I get up. I'll have another scan tonight to see if it's helping to slow the funneling- but I am 28 weeks today- so I'm exciting to make this marker!! Now imam going to try to get to 32.

Also- hot water bottle for lower back pain works great- or a fancy heated water pad.

Good luck
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011 at 11:23 AM by tully333 »
Cerclage 3/6/11, bedrest at home since 3/4/11 at home. Bedrest in hospital since 4/12/11 @ 21 weeks
1st 2 babies- boy girl twins

BELLABOO12

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011 at 01:21 PM »

Hi Everyone- I am 35 wks +1 today!! yiiipppeee!! Thought we would NEVER get here but here we are!  Nothing big to report as of yet.... I have my LAST p17 shot today so thats reason enough to celebrate! I go to the doctor tomorrow and if my fluids are any lower he said he may just admit me until the baby comes.  As of now he is scheduled for a c-section on June 14th- 2 short weeks away!! Although I have felt a little funny and off today so who knows, maybe this little guy will come sooner rather than later....At this point I am just so happy we made it this far.  I will keep you all posted as things progress.  Hope everyone had a very happy Memorial Day weekend and congrats on continuing to cook those babies! :) xo :)
Sarah
short cervical length
History of pre-term labor
Baby boy due July 4

threacatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011 at 02:21 PM »
Hi everyone! I am 30 weeks and 3 days today. I woke up 4 days ago and my pajama pants were soaked. I thought my water had broken so we went to L&D and found out that it hadn't. That was definitely a relief, but the doctors don't know why I'm leaking so much random fluid. Last night I ended up in L&D again because I was having contractions every two minutes, and they were lasting a minute each. Luckily they gave me niphedipine which helped me get some sleep last night. At my doctor's appointment this morning, baby girl looked fine and my fluid levels are still high which is a great reassurance. My cervix is still funneling though. =/ They still don't think I'm going to make it past 32 weeks. I'm just hoping for more than 2 hours of sleep at a time.
On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

nadrobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011 at 03:19 PM »
Hi all I'm still here, will be 35 weeks tomorrow! At my last appt last week, the doc said I didn't have to come in this week that whatever happens now is fine, they won't stop labor. Which still seems so premature to me! But, so glad to be out of the woods and to have made it this far- this is 7th week of bedrest for short cervix and positive fFn. I'm now dilated to 3 cm. So I'll go in again next week just before 36 week mark and see if anything else has changed! I am very curious to see what will happen now and when she'll decide to make her appearance...
It would be nice to have a few more weeks, as my bedrest has pretty much been lifted but I'm not totally back to normal yet. I'm still taking it pretty easy since I get soooo tired if I do anything. I've had several outings, usually just one a day- have gotten a manicure, pedicure, facial, waxing (I had gotten so hairy!), now I just need to get my hair done so I don't look like cruella de vil with my gray streak anymore! Usually I wouldn't be doing so many salon type things, but I just really want to feel like a girl again! I also got to go out to dinner with girlfriends which was so yummy and fun!
I'm heading back to work later this week, on light duty - so that will be really interesting to see how that goes! Then back to normal routine at home I think this weekend with my toddler and trying to clean the house up after doing no housework for so long. Husband has been doing a good job at not letting it get too bad.
Congrats to everyone else who's made it this far and hang in there for those of you just starting it out it's so hard but so worth it!
Baby #2 EDD 7/6/11: on bedrest at 27 weeks for short cervix and +fFn
Baby #1 BD 9/1/08: natural uncomplicated term birth

kghughes

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011 at 03:26 PM »
Hey ladies!  I'm officially off bedrest because.... Abigail Grace was born last night!  We were induced for pre-eclampsia at 39 weeks. Labor was about 36 hours of cervical ripening and pitocin.  We managed to birth without the epidural (the cardiologists never even CHECKED on me.... silly).  I did get two doses of IV meds to take the edge off, but we're still happy with that, because Abby was born  at 9lbs 10 oz and 20.5 inches long.  Phew!  Quite sore and stitched up, but happy that my baby girl is here and we're both relatively unscathed :-)  Thank you all so much for all of your support while on this adventure!! I know there is a long road to recovery, but now I can do it with my whole family :-)

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011 at 06:13 PM »
Hey ladies!  I'm officially off bedrest because.... Abigail Grace was born last night!  We were induced for pre-eclampsia at 39 weeks. Labor was about 36 hours of cervical ripening and pitocin.  We managed to birth without the epidural (the cardiologists never even CHECKED on me.... silly).  I did get two doses of IV meds to take the edge off, but we're still happy with that, because Abby was born  at 9lbs 10 oz and 20.5 inches long.  Phew!  Quite sore and stitched up, but happy that my baby girl is here and we're both relatively unscathed :-)  Thank you all so much for all of your support while on this adventure!! I know there is a long road to recovery, but now I can do it with my whole family :-)

Congratulations!!!!! What a BIG baby!  :o you did an amazing job growing her.  ;D Sorry your labor took so long, but I'm pretty proud of you birthing a 9lb10oz baby without an epidural. That's deserves bragging rights!
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011 at 09:52 PM »
Kristen,
Congratulations on the arrival of Abigail Grace! What a beautiful name. Way to go, mama. I am so happy for you! And 39 weeks, even. Wow!

I love your attitude! Yes, the recovery from preeclampsia can be long and frustrating, but you're right about having your WHOLE family with you.  ;D  Be sure they keep a close eye on you at the hospital, and don't hesitate to report any new symptoms that pop up (new swelling, pain under your right rib, bleeding gums, headaches, visual disturbances), since the risks of preeclampsia remain 6 weeks postpartum.

Sending positive thoughts your way! Big hugs,
Angela

Mommy_haley

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011 at 04:52 PM »
I'm a little late for Monday Roll call.  With the holiday and all, I forgot! 

I am now at 28 weeks 6 days, almost 29!!! That feels like such an accomplishment from where I started at 23 weeks.  I was supposed to have an OB apptment yesterday, but it got rescheduled due to docs stomach virus.  Ick!!!  Its tomorrow now.  I don't think she will check me, just measure and listen to babys hb.  I am planning on signing up for the tubal tomorrow, though!  I do NOT want to go through this experience again!

Its been a fairly quiet week, thankfully.  I am going stir crazy from time to time and I do have meltdowns every few days, but thats to be expected.  Braxton hicks throughout the night are quite common now, but they tend to quiet down during the daytime hours.  I am having more difficulty sleeping now and its harder to get comfortable.  I guess thats just part of getting bigger!

I'm very excited to see only two more months until August, the due date month!  It makes it seem so much closer!
On bed rest at 23 wks (4/26) w/a BOY! Dilated to 1 cm
Mommy to a 4 yr old daughter and 3 yr old son
Previous preterm labor with DD at 31 wks

momofbabyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011 at 06:23 PM »
I'm here and still cookin' at 30 weeks 5 days!! I've had a couple of encouraging doctor appointments in a row and that has been such a boost to my state of mind. I'm still funneled to the stitch, but not dilated or contracting! Baby measures right on track and they think she weighs almost 4 lbs :) I only have one more appointment w/ my MFM docs and then I will only be seeing my regular OB until baby comes!

due 8/1 - a girl
Mom to Blue, born 10/7/09 @ 37 weeks
Bedrest @ 22 weeks due to short cervix

clem726

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011 at 09:01 PM »
36 weeks today!!
sorry im a few days late checking in but it has been a busy weekend. we moved into our new house this weekend so i am glad that is all done before anthony decides to make his appearance.. been having some contractions that are close apart but then they get further apart so who knows whats going on. my doctor has decided they will not do anything to stop him from coming at this point so its really a waiting game im just glad i made it this far from being put on bedrest at 27 weeks. the extreme heat is not helping much.. hope everyone else is doing well, and congrats to any births this past week..
Married to Laz, Mommy to Hailie (6/25/03) and Alexander (7/23/09)... baby anthony due 6/29/11...on bed rest since 4/4