Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call! June 13, 2011  (Read 8585 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call! June 13, 2011
« on: June 13, 2011 at 08:48 AM »
Hello ladies!

Really looking forward to hearing your updates today! Let us know how many weeks along you are, and tell us how you're doing.

I hope you all can join us on Tuesday and Thursday at 2 pm Eastern for our regularly scheduled live chats in the Chat Room. A couple of wonderful bedrest ladies have said they'd like to chat everyday, so they are planning to meet there today at 2 pm as well and might meet other days this week at 2 pm. Stop by!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx Live chat at 2 pm Eastern
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Idea of the Day: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

lauraindenver

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call! June 13, 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011 at 09:08 AM »
Hi!
Sorry been MIA - am one handed, sleepless with a newborn latched on.  On May 26th, baby Beau made his appearance at 6:27 pm, at 6 lbs 10 oz, 20.5 inches. After spending months of the pregnancy lying on my left side, I was graced with a relatively quick labor - about 6 hours from loss of mucus plug to delivery. I was delaying leaving for the hospital thinking I had 12-24 hours as a first time mom - goes to show - you just never know!!

Beau is doing well - breastfeeding is a challenge, one that I'm up for, but I am exhausted and so very grateful to have made it full term and delivered my healthy boy at 37 weeks 5 days. : )  And contrary to what people had said - I do not long for the days on bed rest! 

Keep it going ladies!!  It is all worth it!

Laura

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011 at 09:18 AM by lauraindenver »

Marvin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011 at 09:12 AM »
Still here, 31 weeks today after 7.5 weeks of bedrest.

I got my CL measured last week and it was fairly stable. I get measured again on Wed and if it is any shorter, I will be getting the steroid shot. I am kind of conflicted about this. On one hand I don't want to be shorter, however, I would also appreciate just getting the shot anyways for peace of mind. Gah, not sure what to think.

32 weeks is a big goal for me, so hoping to still be posting next week  :)
Mom to two preemies
On bedrest with #3 since 23 weeks (EDD 8/15)

Marvin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011 at 09:13 AM »
x-posted

Congrats Laura!!!
Mom to two preemies
On bedrest with #3 since 23 weeks (EDD 8/15)

babygMom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011 at 10:44 AM »
Laura - Congrats on the arrival of Beau!

I'm at 26 weeks and have an u/s to check the cervix length this afternoon.
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

Line_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011 at 10:53 AM »
Dear All,

First of all congratulations to Laura - he is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm still here and now 35+2, still hoping to make it to the full 37 weeks but I lost my mucus plus yesterday so I'm not sure what to expect.

Best Regards/Line
Due date: 16/7/2011
3th pregnancy
2 previous early losses
Placed on bedrest this pregnancy @22+6 weeks for Cervical shortening

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM »
Congrats on the beautiful baby Laura!

I'm still here and starting week 7 of hospital bed rest, with 8 weeks of total bed rest in the past now.  I am 29 weeks today. My cervical length is still holding at .5 - .7.  My next cervical length check is in 2 weeks, and I'm hoping they'll let me go home on bed rest by then. 

Sheri

sarahker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011 at 01:13 PM »
Hi Ladies -
I'm 29w3d with twin boys, and happy to report that I was finally released from the hospital on Saturday evening after 5 weeks of hospital bedrest for short cervix and PTL.  They measured my CL on Friday and luckily we're holding steady at 1.7.  I've been doing the HUAM monitoring from home, and haven't registerd a single contraction yet, so hopefully my luck will hold and I can keep these guys in for at least another month.  I'm cautiously optimistic that we can go to 34 weeks or even full term at this point. 

Congrats to Laura!

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011 at 01:18 PM »
Congrats Laura!!!!!! He's so precious :)

Today I'm 37 w 1 d :) I MADE IT TO TERM!!!! *happy dance* I get my stitch taken out Wednesday but my doc doesn't seem to think labor will happen right away due to all the scar tissue that probably accumulated on my cervix as a result of the cerclage. So after that it'll just be a waiting game.

I had my baby shower yesterday and as apprehensive as I was to have it I must admit i had a great time. I'm so excited for what the next few weeks hold. These past 24 weeks of bed rest have been a challenge but I'm so happy/thankful I've made it this far. I can't wait to meet my little princess!
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

threacatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011 at 01:38 PM »
Congrats Laura! He is absolutely darling!

I'm still here at 32 weeks+2 days. We'll see how much longer I last though. I ended up in L&D on Saturday night for really bad back labor pains and lots of pressure on my cervix. Aka it hurts to move. She is currently head down and engaged. I'm still at 2 cm dilation and the doctor said he could feel her head when he checked my cervix. They aren't expecting me to go much more past the next two weeks if I even make it that far. I lost my mucus plug again on Saturday night, so we'll see what happens. I have a growth ultrasound later this week. Woohoo!
On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

momofbabyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011 at 01:45 PM »
Hey all! Congrats to Laura!

I'm 33 weeks today and currently in the hospital being monitored for contractions. They've been coming pretty frequently and getting more uncomfortable. Hoping I'm not in labor & baby can cook for a while longer, but if I do have my baby soon, I'm so grateful to have made it this far!
due 8/1 - a girl
Mom to Blue, born 10/7/09 @ 37 weeks
Bedrest @ 22 weeks due to short cervix

babyrom

• View Profile
    • 43 and Pregnant
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011 at 01:57 PM »
Hello Ladies,
First of all, congratulations Laura!! 

I am hanging in here at 24wks/4days.  My last CL went down a bit from 1.45cm to 1.24cm.  I was given the steriod shots just in case.  All seems to be fine, no contractions that I know of.  My next appointment isn't until the 21st, but I have a nurse coming in twice a week and phone calls from her everyday to check in on me. I am on even stricter bed rest now.  I was getting up a going downstairs for a change of scenery in the last couple weeks, but the nurse told me that is a no,no.
I am keeping in my mind the date of September 3rd to deliver, I will be 36 weeks then.  Doctors told me I won't make it to term, but at least that date is close enough!
All my best to everyone!
Due Date - Sept. 30/11 - A little boy!
Two angel babies - Baby Marina born March 1/03 at 20 wks cause unknown. Baby Aimee born Feb.17/08 at 16wks after failed elective cerclage.
This Pregnancy:  Cerclage placed on May 5/11 been on bedrest since.
Natural Conception at 43!  Baby due on my 44th Bday

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011 at 02:42 PM »
Congrats Laura!!!  :D

So this is my last "role call" I guess. Wow... 20 weeks later!

Hello everyone, I'm still here, 36 weeks, 4 days today with my twins. Who would've ever thought I'd carry these munchkins to term?!  ;D
I thought I was in labor Friday night but they fizzled out. Currently, I'm at 3cm & 90% effaced. I lost my mucus plug this past weekend and was SURE I was going into labor... <sigh>  :-[ guess my little ones need a little more time! I have no more appointments this week.

Friday is the eviction day if they don't make their appearance before then.  ;D  I'm scheduled for induction. Hopefully it will go as smoothly as my daughter's did 6 years ago. I only labored for 6 hours, had a MARVELOUS epidural, pushed with three contractions, and slapped the baby on my boob immediately after & she nursed for 45 minutes! I always have told my patients since then I wished I could gift-wrap my labor & give it to them.  ;)

So believe it or not, I'm going to miss this forum and all the women on here! You all have been such an inspiration to me and have helped me so much (no, seriously, look at the number of posts I've made!!!!). I'll post pics as soon as I'm able (two newborns & all!). Please remember me in your prayers.

Keep cooking all you mommies out there, the end is nearer than you think! I've been so blessed to be able to carry my little ones so long and it's all been worth it.
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

Mommy_haley

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011 at 04:29 PM »
Still hanging in there!  At 30 weeks and 3 days...  My bh contractions have been much more frequent lately.  I even called the doc today.  I was having 4 an hour, but not regularly.  So no monitoring for now.  Supposed to stay off my feet, stay hydrated and see her at our regular appointment on Thursday. (I have been being allowed one outing per day)

We've come a long way since 23 weeks.  While I'm thankful, I'm SO tired of this!  We will get through it, though. :)

Keep cookin' ladies!
On bed rest at 23 wks (4/26) w/a BOY! Dilated to 1 cm
Mommy to a 4 yr old daughter and 3 yr old son
Previous preterm labor with DD at 31 wks

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011 at 06:42 PM »
Laura - CONGRATULATIONS - it's always awesome to see the women graduate from here :)

Mckoy - wow - your last roll call - that's amazing. I wish you the best of luck with the induction.

As for me - I'm 35 weeks + 4 days today. In 2 days my cerclage comes out. Then I dunno - we'll see what the odds are for me delivering. Lately I've been having tons of stabbing pains in my cervix - I wonder if it means my baby is trying to make an exit. I get released from bed rest on Wednesday. I've served a total of 122 days on bed rest in this pregnancy - with 101 days being this last stint! It has royally sucked - but I'm glad I did it. I can't wait to meet my little one.
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!