Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 29 Weeks Pregnant Premature Rupture of Membranes  (Read 5397 times)

abonura

• View Profile
29 Weeks Pregnant Premature Rupture of Membranes
« on: June 17, 2011 at 11:31 AM »
So I am now 29 weeks pregnant and been in the hospital for 10 days. I have a small leak of amniotic fluid never more than a quarter size a few times a day. We have made it past the one week hump and doctors are hopeful I will make it to at least 34 weeks but hopefully longer! I am on bed rest, can take a shower daily and go the bathroom and just in today... a daily wheelchair ride outside! That has been the best news in a few days. Baby is doing well and thriving so we are feeling pretty blessed! I have a 5 year old who is spending time with family and loving it.

lilcapmom

• View Profile
Re: 29 Weeks Pregnant Premature Rupture of Membranes
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM »
Hi, I know what you mean about the wheel chair rides.  They are the best time of the day. I'll be 30 weeks on Monday and have been in the hospital for a short cervix for almost 7 weeks now. My 20 month old son and my husband come each evening to see me. Between my son and I'm not sure who enjoys the ride more. 

Hope everything continues to go well for you.

Sheri

abonura

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011 at 11:30 AM »
Thanks for identifying with me! 30 weeks seemed like such a relief when we hit it Tuesday! My son comes to visit too although he has become the travelling man and loving it! He loves to push me around and it makes me happy to see him happy! Best ofluck to you!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011 at 06:16 PM »
Abonura,
How are you doing? Do you feel like you're settling into a routine at the hospital?

Shanie74

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011 at 10:26 PM »
I just got wheelchair ride priveleges yesterday as well.  I have only been here for 12 days but it sure seemed like the walls were closing in in me.  It was nice to breathe some fresh air.  Good luck to you, I feel your pain.
Angel Gabriel Brian-07/31/97 Incompetent Cervix at 22 weeks
Angel Zachariah Michael-02/18/98 Failed Cerclage at 21 weeks
Hayden Garrett-05/24/01 Full Term with Cerclage
Griffen Robert-Due 09/21/11

abonura

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011 at 07:09 PM »
Well we ended up having the baby on Monday June 27. The baby was not growing as he should and doctors were concerned and my fluid level dropped to 3.5. I had a c-section and am recovering well, feeling much better today! Jake is in the NICU at the hospital and weighed in at 2.2 pounds. He is doing amazingly well and is such a joy to see. We visit him everyday a few times a day. Can't wait to take that munchkin home with us!

Amy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011 at 03:11 PM »
Congratulations on the birth of your little man, Jake!  Glad to hear he is doing well in NICU - keep us posted on his progress!
Amy

Preg. #1 - Ivy born @ 39 weeks w/ no complications (12/06)
Preg. #2 - Missed Miscarriage around 8 weeks (10/08)
Preg. #3 - Lincoln due 10/29/2011
Shortened cervix @ 19 + 3
Pelvic rest and restricted activity since 6/8
Cerclage placed @ 22+4
Bedrest since 6/29