Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Twins are here!  (Read 11100 times)

mckoygirl

• View Profile
Twins are here!
« on: June 19, 2011 at 07:22 AM »
Hello everyone!  ;D
Friday I delivered (induced) two healthy boys, Beckett & Noah. Beckett was born at 10:56 am, weighed 7lbs, 20" long, 9-10 apgars and Noah was born 11:30am 6lbs5oz, 20" long, 8-9 apgars.
I went really fast, in about 2.5hrs and barely had time for an epidural. I had only been hurting an hour when my nurse talked me into an epidural (she had a premonition I was going to go fast), I started out being 3-4cm and was 4cm after an hour and thought it was too soon to get the epidural. I am SO glad I did because after the epidural, I went from 5cm to 10cm in about 45 minutes. Beckett came out in 2-3 pushes, but Noah was a struggle. He was transverse/sideways & then face-up so he took a lot of manipulation to turn him and get him in the right position. He was in distress during all that moving, about 15-20 minutes of low heartrate. As much manipulation as it took, I would have ended up in surgery with a cesarean for him if I hadn't had the epidural to relax me & make all that painless. Listen to your nurses, sometimes they know! Thank God!!!!  :D

We're still in the hospital, unfortunately Beckett is losing weight and won't nurse or latch even onto a bottle. Please keep us in your prayers as we struggle to make him eat. I would like to go home today as an intact family!  :-\

Thanks for all the prayer, thoughts & support! I will post pics as soon as I get home.

Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

babygMom

• View Profile
Re: Twins are here!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011 at 08:03 AM »
Congratulations!! I hope everything goes smoothly and you're able to go home soon. :)
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

sarahker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011 at 09:40 AM »
Congratulations! What wonderful news - I'll think good thoughts for you and both your boys.  Your story has really inspired me, and helped keep me focused on carrying my own twin boys to term, or as darn close to it as I can get - thank you!!

congrats! 

Sarah

babyrom

• View Profile
    • 43 and Pregnant
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011 at 11:57 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!   :D :D :D  What a wonderful feeling it must be to finally see the results of all you hard effort.  I bet they are gorgeous!
 I would like to thank you for all your positive posts and words of encouragement on this board.
We will keep your two little boys and you in our prayers!  Looking forward to pics.
Due Date - Sept. 30/11 - A little boy!
Two angel babies - Baby Marina born March 1/03 at 20 wks cause unknown. Baby Aimee born Feb.17/08 at 16wks after failed elective cerclage.
This Pregnancy:  Cerclage placed on May 5/11 been on bedrest since.
Natural Conception at 43!  Baby due on my 44th Bday

Couchdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011 at 01:50 PM »
Congratulations on your two little guys!!  I've been waiting for your post to see what the sexes are!  :)  Praying for you and your little ones!  Thanks for all the info and inspiration you've brought to the forum!  I know there are a lot of mamas on here that will miss your posts!  Can't wait to see pictures!!  :)
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011 at 03:25 PM »
Soooo So happy for you!!  You are my inspiration!  Congrats on your sweet baby boys..man they are big!!!  :)  Love the names and I hope Beckett figures out how to latch soon!!   ;D
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!

Mommy_haley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011 at 04:01 PM »
Congratulations!!!  I've been thinking about all of you and wondering how things went and what the sexes were.  I never would have guessed two boys, though!  Congrsatulations!

You were in my thoughts and prayers on Friday, and will continue to be.  Thank you for all of your encouraging posts to all of us.  You are very deserving of two healthy boys and a mobile lifestyle! :). Enjoy it!

I know you are a very busy mommy now, but don't forget to post pics of those beautiful babies!!!  Congratulations!!!!

Haley
On bed rest at 23 wks (4/26) w/a BOY! Dilated to 1 cm
Mommy to a 4 yr old daughter and 3 yr old son
Previous preterm labor with DD at 31 wks

HeatherGayle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011 at 06:10 PM »
Yay! You did it!! :) I can't wait to see photos of your cute little (big?!) babies!! And I have to say, I love the names you have chosen! (Especially since I am Mommy to a Noah, too!) I hope both boys continue to thrive and the latch improves. Congrats!! :)

tully333

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011 at 08:22 PM »
congrats mckoygirl- your posts have been so helpful- glad everything went well.  Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that he little one starts to latch

Cerclage 3/6/11, bedrest at home since 3/4/11 at home. Bedrest in hospital since 4/12/11 @ 21 weeks
1st 2 babies- boy girl twins

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011 at 10:39 PM »
YAY YAY YAY! im so happy for you! congratulations! what big boys they are!!!

like many posters said, your posts have been so helpful :) hope to see a pic of those boys soon!

Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

pinkpeony

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011 at 01:45 AM »
Wow! Congratulations!!!
Though I am no longer pregnant, I keep checking back to see how everyone's doing, and today I hear great news from you.
You should be very proud of youself - on bedrest since 17 weeks and here you are now with the bundles of joy in your arms
I am sure you have given hope and inspiration to a lot of ladies on this forum.

Well, I wish you and your family all the best. I hope Beckett learns to latch soon. Keep trying.

jumama

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM »
Congrats hope he gets to go home with you.

Amy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM »
Congratulations!  What healthy sized babies!! 
Amy

Preg. #1 - Ivy born @ 39 weeks w/ no complications (12/06)
Preg. #2 - Missed Miscarriage around 8 weeks (10/08)
Preg. #3 - Lincoln due 10/29/2011
Shortened cervix @ 19 + 3
Pelvic rest and restricted activity since 6/8
Cerclage placed @ 22+4
Bedrest since 6/29

BedrestPractitioner

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011 at 11:44 AM »
Wonderful that your babies are here! Congratulations to you and family!!  I work with essential oil of grapefruit to assist clients to stimulate their appetite, if you are unable to get this in your neighborhood, then purchase a grapefruit and allow baby to inhale the aroma to help to stimulate his appetite.  Please let me know how this works out and about you and family in general.

momofbabyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011 at 11:46 AM »
Congratulations on the birth of your babies! I will definitely be keeping your family in my prayers & hope Beckett's latch improves quickly!
due 8/1 - a girl
Mom to Blue, born 10/7/09 @ 37 weeks
Bedrest @ 22 weeks due to short cervix