Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Twins arrived- 29 weeks 1 day  (Read 6213 times)

tully333

• View Profile
Twins arrived- 29 weeks 1 day
« on: June 19, 2011 at 08:37 PM »
Brielle and Kingston were born June 8th in a flurry. Born at 29 weeks and 1 day. javascript:void(0);
(The yeast infection I got from the antibiotics I was taking for the pnuemonia got to Brielle's sac and penetrated it). The doc didnt want to treat the yeast infection right away to see if it would go away on its own. So, 5 days later she couldn't wait anymore and broke out to healthier environments and who could blame her.
   So, if anyone gets a yeast infection- treat immediately!!!!

She weighed 2pds 12 ounces
He weighed 3 pds 1 ounce

Both are doing good. Brielle got the yeast infection unfortunately so they are treating for that and a few others things that came up as complications. Kingston seems to have breezed through it all effortlessly and is doing well. Thank goodness I got the steroid shots at 27 weeks becasue both have been off respirators since the first and second nights. Kingston ripped his off the first night and she ripped her off the 2nd night. The NICU nurses keep calling them "Feisty" so I think thats a good sign, but perhaps i will have my hands full when they come home. I'm just glad Brielle is up for the fight she has had to make and will have to continue for a little bit longer.

I am home, pumping 8 times a day and making it back to the NICU for skin to skin with them.

Thank you all for the support and help on this rough journey. If you are in the hospital please remember that you know your body better than anyone-  speak up when something doesn't feel right and be persistent.

Cerclage 3/6/11, bedrest at home since 3/4/11 at home. Bedrest in hospital since 4/12/11 @ 21 weeks
1st 2 babies- boy girl twins

HeatherGayle

• View Profile
Re: Twins arrived- 29 weeks 1 day
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011 at 09:11 PM »
Wowwwww.

You are a tough cookie! Congrats on your babies, and here's to their continued success!

(I have had recurring yeast infections and never think to mention them to my obgyn as they only seem to bother me for a day, go away, then come back, etc. I will make a point to mention this to my Dr next time I see her!! THANK YOU for sharing!!)

pinkpeony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011 at 01:23 AM »
Congratulations. You've made it to 29 weeks and I am sure that has made a huge difference in your babies.  As they say, each additional day is better. All the docs and nurses also describe my baby girl as "active" and "feisty". Yes, being feisty is better than lethargic and limp, but sometimes you will get worried because they try to pull wires & tubes and knock things off (you should see mine trying to pull out the ventilator - so cute but also sad).

All the best to you and the twins.... and keep on pumping - the first 2 weeks is very important in establishing the milk volume.

jumama

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM »
Well sounds like they are staying strong so that is good. Congrats

Marvin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011 at 03:13 PM »
Congrats on your fiesty duo. Sending them and you all my best and hoping they come home soon.
Mom to two preemies
On bedrest with #3 since 23 weeks (EDD 8/15)

threacatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011 at 03:37 PM »
Congrats on your twins! That's awesome that they are doing so well. Feisty babies are the ones that make it through. =)
On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011 at 05:36 PM »
Congrats on your precious little ones! That's great they're off the ventilators already! Love your little ones & keep pumping that liquid gold. There's hardly a greater gift you can give them.  ;)
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011 at 07:41 PM »
congrats!!!  I'm 28+5 right now, so I'm thrilled to hear your babes are doing so well.  Hooray for FEISTY!! ;D
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!

nadrobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM »
Congrats and keep up the good work! I hope they are doing well.
Baby #2 EDD 7/6/11: on bedrest at 27 weeks for short cervix and +fFn
Baby #1 BD 9/1/08: natural uncomplicated term birth

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011 at 12:39 PM »
Congrats and keep expressing as much milk as you can!  I did it for my little 26 weeker and it really is so much easier for the little ones to digest!  Keep us updated!!!!  :)
Mom to Olivia, 26 Weeker now 6 years old
Mom to Hannah, 18 Weeker in Heaven
Mom to Baby #3 (another girl!), due 11/11/11